• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Tendo

If I find a teasure chest, like in the room before Shocker in the subway, can I never get it again? I reset chapter 1 to level another character and it was empty.

ElRenoRaven

Oh nice job Inky. Been totally busy today and just saw it. Can't wait. Glad to see they set a cut off date on buying packs pre launch. I think they're being fair.

GManDH

I think my SN is also GmanDH. if cases matter it would be gmandh. if you cant find me tomorrow at 6pm EST USA time then message me on GAF and well play together. BTW inky was saying this and i mentioned it as well, GAF GUILD???

Cant' settle on a character :/ Loving Rocket Raccoon's look but just don't feel useful. I'm not sure how I should be using him. Hulk is super fun! I love the physics when he finishes people off.

When I grouped with a Raccoon around ~16 I realized the turrets are probably the best tanks in the game. They draw aggro, have no CD to be resummoned and do damage.

If I find a teasure chest, like in the room before Shocker in the subway, can I never get it again? I reset chapter 1 to level another character and it was empty.

Its kinda random, I've killed Shocker like ~ 8 times already (only 2 times were with resetting a chapter) and sometimes a chest drops nothing, other times I get loot

Lord Phol

Also, Boom:

Sorry for the big gif. (I'm playing with gif cam today as you can probably guess).

Haha damn that looks satisfying, love me some physics!

You like hopping all over the place, too?

AND YOU GET A STUN! AND YOU GET A STUN!

Aw yeah, he's just so damn paaantherlicious!
He has at least two stuns at level 5 I think, the knockdown and the leap :p, preeetty good!

I'll be playing 100% free mode, and stuck deciding between either Daredevil and Hawkeye. Those two are up there with Nightcrawler as my favorite Marvel characters, but I didn't have a chance to mess with either of them during open beta. I played about an hour with Thor, and he was OP as heck in the starting area.

Does anyone have experience with either DD or Hawkguy? I had read that Murdock was vastly underpowered but it looks like the patch might have fixed that.

I'll be playing 100% free mode, and stuck deciding between either Daredevil and Hawkeye. Those two are up there with Nightcrawler as my favorite Marvel characters, but I didn't have a chance to mess with either of them during open beta. I played about an hour with Thor, and he was OP as heck in the starting area.

Does anyone have experience with either DD or Hawkguy? I had read that Murdock was vastly underpowered but it looks like the patch might have fixed that.

Only got to about lvl 10 with daredevil but I did like that hes a very mobile character with getting a range closer at lvl 1 and a roll at lvl 4 (that gives a dodge buff and short stun). It seems like his defensive skills are based around dodge and from what I hear, can even reach upwards of 90% dodge chance with the right items closer to end game. I didn't get very far with Hawkeye but from what I saw of his skill tree, I think he relies more or high damage crits for damage and definitely a single target dps type of character.

Side note, saw this on reddit today and thought it was spiffy enough to share here http://imgur.com/gallery/tA7e9

edit: artist's DA account here http://bombattack.deviantart.com/

Only got to about lvl 10 with daredevil but I did like that hes a very mobile character with getting a range closer at lvl 1 and a roll at lvl 4 (that gives a dodge buff and short stun). It seems like his defensive skills are based around dodge and from what I hear, can even reach upwards of 90% dodge chance with the right items closer to end game. I didn't get very far with Hawkeye but from what I saw of his skill tree, I think he relies more or high damage crits for damage and definitely a single target dps type of character.

Perfect, just what I needed to know. I love dodge-based melee characters, which is what I assumed they were doing with Daredevil. Daredevil it is!

The other characters I hope to try out later are Hawkeye (guess I could just start another free account for him), Black Panther, Deadpool, and the Punisher. Something tells me the RNG drop rates aren't going to answer my dreams for a long time.

Scirrocco

Perfect, just what I needed to know. I love dodge-based melee characters, which is what I assumed they were doing with Daredevil. Daredevil it is!

The other characters I hope to try out later are Hawkeye (guess I could just start another free account for him), Black Panther, Deadpool, and the Punisher. Something tells me the RNG drop rates aren't going to answer my dreams for a long time.

You can get another starter after the first chapter, so if you're going free just keep making new New accounts till you get the starter you want (Hawkeye if you get DD)

inky

Dodge is expected to have diminishing returns at launch. I don't think they'll give precise numbers, but I've heard they expect it to be capped at something like 60-65%, or at least start improving very, very slowly past that point.

DD is really mobile and jumps around a lot which I liked, but his damage was underwhelming. He did get a bit of love in the last patch, mostly making his abilities cheaper and synergize a bunch of them better, so I don't know where he stands now. I like his radar ping effect and he has a bunch of slows and knockdowns. He has poor AoE making his clearing times super slow for my tastes.

Hawkguy I had a lot of fun with too, I even leveled him a bit more than the others and found him powerful. The problem I see with him is that he doesn't have that many abilities you'll want, so after a while he might get boring to play. I didn't get to that point yet but I can see it if people want more than 2 ways to do damage.

Dodge is expected to have diminishing returns at launch. I don't think they'll give precise numbers, but I've heard they expect it to be capped at something like 60-65%, or at least start improving very, very slowly past that point.

DD is really mobile and jumps around a lot which I liked, but his damage was underwhelming. He did get a bit of love in the last patch, mostly making his abilities cheaper and synergize a bunch of them better, so I don't know where he stands now. I like his radar ping effect and he has a bunch of slows and knockdowns. He has poor AoE making his clearing times super slow for my tastes.

Hawkguy I had a lot of fun with too, I even leveled him a bit more than the others and found him super powerful. The problem I see with him is that he doesn't have that many abilities you'll want, so after a while he might get boring to play. I didn't get to that point yet but I can see it if people want more than 2 ways to do damage.

Hmm that's disappointing to hear about dodge but I guess it makes sense for the sake of balance

inky

Yes. I think they did this because as it is now, dodge gives much better returns than flat defense. I had 1100 defense points with Hulk and some attacks still hurt a lot. Well, that and 90%-100% dodge sounds kind of broken.

In most of these type of games dodge ends up with very significant diminishing returns past ~50% or so. You usually have to stack stats and skills like crazy to push it up past there. I like the random number generator aspect of it, though. If you get lucky, you can hit a string of 4-5 dodges in a row and it's awesome. He might even get cooldown based skills that you can hit to pump your dodge rate up higher for a short term burst.

I'm excited about the prospect of him, now I just have to wait it out.

In most of these type of games dodge ends up with very significant diminishing returns past ~50% or so. You usually have to stack stats and skills like crazy to push it up past there. I like the random number generator aspect of it, though. If you get lucky, you can hit a string of 4-5 dodges in a row and it's awesome. He might even get cooldown based skills that you can hit to pump your dodge rate up higher for a short term burst.

I'm excited about the prospect of him, now I just have to wait it out.

Looks like Gazillion are starting to write some starter guides for the heroes. Here's DD's page

https://marvelheroes.com/heroes/daredevil

and the rest of the completed ones
https://marvelheroes.com/heroes/captain-america
https://marvelheroes.com/heroes/thor
https://marvelheroes.com/heroes/iron-man
https://marvelheroes.com/heroes/hulk
https://marvelheroes.com/heroes/black-widow

Excellent stuff, thanks. That's just what I'm looking for...can't believe the forums still aren't open to the general public. You'd think the exposure would only do them good.

Its baffling tbh that there isn't a public forum for this game, with skills not finalized yet, the wikis aren't even close to being complete. However, the bitching that goes on in that forum is as bad as WoW forums when it comes to QQ about nerfs, crying for specific buffs and such.

Its baffling tbh that there isn't a public forum for this game, with skills not finalized yet, the wikis aren't even close to being complete. However, the bitching that goes on in that forum is as bad as WoW forums when it comes to QQ about nerfs, crying for specific buffs and such.

Bah, figures. I haven't been to the official forums of ANY game that weren't a giant blob of whining, name-calling, and general debauchery.

I'm still concerned that this game drops in a couple of weeks and still doesn't seem finished. It's F2P and I don't mind a slow growth and a smaller amount of content in the beginning, but it feels like they're cutting it pretty darn close on the deadline. I expect the game will be an unplayable lagfest at launch.

Mikor

Wife and I are both in for Ultimate Packs, gonna be playing this quite a bit starting the 28th. Add us to the list!

Mikor
KainiFu

inky

I'm still concerned that this game drops in a couple of weeks and still doesn't seem finished. It's F2P and I don't mind a slow growth and a smaller amount of content in the beginning, but it feels like they're cutting it pretty darn close on the deadline. I expect the game will be an unplayable lagfest at launch.

There's no way to prevent that. The game is lacking a bunch of features and polish, and many things just barely made it in. General audiences will not be as forgiving as some of us are about all the stuff that will not be there for launch or will be but only half-assed.

In other news, has anyone considered a Guild name yet? I can make it like I said before, but "GAF" is not going to do, because it is too short according to what I'm seeing here (I don't know what is the minimum amount of characters yet). If anyone is in a creative mood any suggestions are welcome. It can only contain A-Z characters.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Arrgh! I want to buy a Founder Pack for Black Panther but after playing the beta, the game is nowhere even near done and for $20, that's a steep price for a F2P game. Any thoughts?

J-Tier

There's no way to prevent that. The game is lacking a bunch of features and polish, and many things just barely made it in. General audiences will not be as forgiving as some of we are about all the stuff that will not be there for launch or will be but only half-assed.

In other news, has anyone considered a Guild name yet? I can make it like I said before, but "GAF" is not going to do, because it is too short according to what I'm seeing here (I don't know what is the minimum amount of characters yet). If anyone is in a creative mood any suggestions are welcome. It can only contain A-Z characters.

I'm not playing it...yet...but...

Agents of GAF? Parodies Agents of SHIELD, but idk if that's even allowed.

Tendo

Arrgh! I want to buy a Founder Pack for Black Panther but after playing the beta, the game is nowhere even near done and for $20, that's a steep price for a F2P game. Any thoughts?

It is only going to get better and those founders packs vanish June 3rd. It'll be far more expensive to get the same items after that date. If you have 20 bucks and it won't break the bank I'd say it is worth it. Just be patient and know what you are getting into.

Scirrocco

Possible guild names

N.E.O.G.A.F.

Or possibly Agents of if periods are allowed.

The G Men or the GAF men

Actually the G-Men were actually the name of a real marvel team, who became agents of atlas

True Believers

Cause neogaf.... believe. Of course we might have to stab some people for it, since it'll probably be taken quickly.

The WWWeb Coast Avengers

Since were on the web and there was awest coast avengers team. Although avengers is probably a banned word in guild names

Ultimate Gaffers or Ultimate Neogaf

Cause ultimate!!!

The Superfriends or the Justice League

I actually wonder if theyd let us...

And you can add my name to the list. Im Gunviolence. Kind of ironic since i don plan on getting punisher, cable, or anyone else with a gun.

Edited for spelling, format.

inky

Those are some funny suggestions Scirrocco, some are pretty clever. Keep them coming guys. If there isn't one everyone particularly likes I'll just draw numbers and pick one at random, and put it here before it's final. (I just don't want to impose).

Has anyone had a chance to play the endgame regularly? I haven't been able to progress past the very first instance (I haven't been playing a lot other that trying some stuff) but I'm curious to know what people think about it, and more importantly, how you guys have found the cosmic key drops. I'm hearing conflicting reports on that matter. Some people have done 15-20 instances without finding one, others say they are super common.

For those of you who don't know yet, endgame is a series of daily missions divided into different terminals. Some of those missions require a "key". They are called daily because the first time around they offer better rewards, but I've heard they are repeatable. Well, the issue is these keys drop from bosses, but they are also sold in the store, but some people are saying they don't drop enough (Brevik said they would be very, very common drops), thus limiting people's access to the key-required missions unless they pay.

Only 1 key is required for a group to go in, or so I've heard, so at least if we do endgame together we can share.

just convinced a ton of my friends to sign up for the game, so i'll be probably guilded up with them at least in the beginning. Please feel free to invite me to groups tho and add me to the friends list. Been a long time coming for this game. Such a big change from when i started playing the closed beta back in february

Lord Phol

5 Daily Missions, no Cosmic Key so far.

The servers are down:
Ryolnir said:
Hey all,

We're going to have a patch today and we'll be bringing down the forums at 12:00PM PDT (in approximately one hour).

We will have an important announcement regarding today's patch with very specific instructions once the servers go down today.
https://forum.marvelheroes.com/showthread.php/20285-5-24-Downtime-Important-Note

Update 1
Ryolnir said:
I'm crazy and typed forums instead of SERVERS. :) The SERVERS are down for a patch.

Update 2
Ryolnir said:
This is actually a hilarious series of errors...

Update 3
Ryolnir said:
Now that I've confused the entire community, I'm going to close this thread until I have an update as to when the servers are back up.

As you can tell, I have forums on the mind and just tried to type it instead of servers AGAIN.

Could you post it here for people without forum access?
Here ya go
9TwWic7.jpg

yAz0faU.jpg

oACj95L.jpg

qTwxrOj.jpg

5MdRKpW.jpg

kqRdpAm.jpg

inky

Patch notes are up in the forum. LINK (Once the game is released and the forums are public I will put a link in the OP every time there are new ones).

Meanwhile, some highlights I know people are interested in:

Important – Reinstall Required

Since Early Game Access begins next week, we have to now ask you to install the final game client. What this means (unless you are playing through Steam) is that you must uninstall your client and re-install the newest version (our "shipping" version) from our website. We've detailed instructions below...

Please note: Steam users will not have to reinstall the game, but they will also have a very large patch today.

1) Uninstall the Marvel Heroes Beta client from the Windows Start menu. You'll be able to find it under "Marvel Heroes Beta". Click the shortcut to start the uninstall process.
2) Download the newest version of the client. You can find this at www.marvelheroes.com/download
3) Patch up to the newest version of the game!
Please note: Steam users will not have to reinstall the game, but they will also have a very large patch today.

Trying to avoid this process by moving files can corrupt your install. Please do not attempt this.

After this install process, you will only have to patch the game for launch (and beyond). If you have further questions please ask them in this thread. Thank you!

Content Additions

The S.H.I.E.L.D. Training Room has been added to allow you to test powers! This room is accessible via a waypoint after completing the Raft. Travel here to test powers, see damage being dealt via training dummies, and show off to your friends!
New artifacts have been added.
Motion comics have been updated with new visuals and 4.1 surround sound.
Portals across the game have been given a visual upgrade.
Added 3 new keybinds for 'Stop All Movement', 'Close All Windows', and 'Bodyslider'. The Spacebar and Shift keys can now be remapped.

Missions/Instances

Defeating Green Goblin (on the Raft) and Doctor Doom (in Latveria) now rewards you with an additional Starter Hero. If you already have the hero unlocked in your roster, you will be given a Fortune Card.
Lore missions now grant bonus experience orbs.
There is now an additional waypoint situated in Latveria before you encounter Doctor Doom.
Treasure Rooms: Respawn timers have been increased. Overall difficulty increased.
The Venom Event Mission has been updated in Chapter 2 (Jersey Docks) with improved symbiote spawning behavior and visuals.
The lost S.H.I.E.L.D. Patrol agents now have names and dialogue.
Doop will appear more frequently throughout the game.

Guilds

The maximum number of members in a guild has been increased to 100.
The credit cost to buy a Guild Sanction item has been reduced to 10,000 from 25,000. (Yay me :p)

In-game store changes

Updated drop chances for Fortune Cards.
Fortune Card boost buffs are now extended in duration when an additional card applies the same boost buff, instead of stacking the effect.
In-game store boost buffs now apply to whichever hero you are currently playing, even if you switch heroes while the buff is active.

Enemy Changes:

Enemy health has been increased slightly at higher levels.
Chapter 5: Enemy density reduced. ]=(
Latverian Shieldbots: These enemies now punch more frequently and shield lunge less frequently. They will also now not use their shield lunge in the first few seconds when pursuing a hero.

Doctor Doom Changes
Rhino Changes
Pyro Changes
Kingpin Changes

Hero Changes

Tuned the damage of ranged basic powers to be higher at earlier ranks.
Wide Beam: Increased damage.
Optic Barrage: Increased damage of earlier ranks of the power.

Deadpool Changes (lots)

Iron Man Changes (LOL)

Automated Missiles: Damage increased.
Channeled Repulsors: Damage increased.
Hyper-Velocity Charge: Removed cooldown.
Jet-Assisted Slam: Damage increased.
Micro-Missiles: Damage increased.
Missile Salvo: Damage increased. Increased spirit cost.
Repulsor Barrage: Damage increased.

Rocket Raccoon Changes

Cunning Plan: Lowered dodge bonus.

Wolverine Changes:

Healing Factor scaling is now based on maximum health. This is a net buff, but not up to the same amount it once was. Additional healing is now built into basic power hits that will scale with Healing Factor.

Bug fixes (Lots)

Known Issues

Missions currently in-progress will be reset.
'Heals While Injured' boss affix heals for more than intended and is not interruptible.
Some crafting bugs still remain.
Statistics on gear may have changed slightly; we changed how they are calculated.
Spider-Man's Web Swinging may have "jittering" effects.
Iron Man's Ultimate Power "House Party Protocol" does not improve as ranks are added.
Rapid fire power sound effects are playing incorrectly.

There's lots more to other specific characters in the forums, so go ahead and visit them if you don't see what you want here. Steam patch is up too. 3.3 GB.

herbie.gifpqsfj.gif

smr00

Banned
Did anyone buy the $200 pack? I am tempted to get it.

Also, do you get early access for buying any of the $20/$60 packs or the $200 pack?

ElRenoRaven

You get some early access for any founders pack you buy. I bought the 200 myself the day it was available.

Ultimate packs ($200) get early access starting the 28th which gives us 7 days of early access and then depending on which of the others you bought you get anywhere from 2 to 4 days of access.

smr00

Banned
For the past month i have been going back and forth about buying the $200 pack.

If it came with more characters or guaranteed all characters to be released i would buy it in a heart beat. Guess i can sleep on it for one final night. I wish i could play it again tonight to help decide but it is what it is. I know it's a game i am going to play for awhile $200 is $200. That's a lot of money to me.

Dunlop

Anywhere giving out closed beta codes?

Hit 60 in Neverwinter and realized there is absolutely no end game and am now jonsing for something else

ElRenoRaven

For me it's more then worth it. You get every character at launch. You get all the costumes at launch including some exclusive ones. You get the first 5 post launch characters and all of their costumes. So you combine all of that with the in game currency it's worth it. more so back when they launched the packs. Then it was 100 dollars of in game currency.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's so close to launch and they haven't announced pricing yet. Kinda weird. I expect them to soon and not to save it for launch.

smr00

Banned
Screw it i am gonna buy the $200 pack. Why not, i withheld buying the $200 neverwinter one and haven't treated myself to anything in awhile plus i got a little extra income this month.

Plus you get Maestro skin. How can you say no to the Maestro? Also, when did they announce Squirrel Girl? Better yet, why on earth did they put her in? Is she gonna be the Necromancer class? I get to summon 1000 squirrels?

inky

It's a weird game this one. Some days I regret paying any money, others I regret not paying $200. Then, I tell to myself, what could you buy with $200 right now? and realize that as much as I want those exclusive skins I have better things to spend my money on.

I've said it before, I wouldn't fault anyone for the amount of money they decide to give or not give, but some business practices keep me very wary of Gazillion as a company. On the other hand, I can understand the pressure and what it would be for them if this game fails.

smr00

Banned
Game doesn't feel complete, seems crazy to spend $200 on it now.

I liked Neverwinter a lot more than Mahvel.
Neverwinter has literally no end-game.

It's as incomplete as this game. And was the Marvel Beta the full game? I put 3x the amount in Marvel heroes and still didn't hit end game where as i hit 60 in Neverwinter in like 3 days.

Top Bottom