• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MARVEL vs. CAPCOM Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics Announced | Nintendo Direct 2024.6.18

solidus12

daCQX15.jpeg

March Climber

Gold Member
Am I supposed to give these morons credit for putting 5 roms together?
To the businessman at Capcom who spent years begging the suits at Disney, relentlessly begging the suits at Capcom, doing deals(like the arcade machine), bowing to others, and shaking hands to make this dream happen…

f1b47d1d-75b7-4bd9-8ec7-fbf3d4a8b401_text.gif

I bet it’s the same guy who probably managed to get Capcom and SNK on friendly terms again, enough to get Terry and Mai into SF6, giving us hope for a CvS collection.

rkofan87

Gold Member
Nah, it's what happens when our beloved Aloy is allowed to grace the Switch.

Creeping Parks And Recreation GIF
That's the thing though Lego horizon done on Xbox Spider-Man in Marvel's Avengers games as a service game, a PlayStation exclusive I think it's Sony saying do not put Spider-Man on the Xbox at all. I really do it sounds like it conspiracy theory, but it's the only one I got why it's not there. Every other fighting collection Capcom Has put out so far has been on the Xbox street fighter and the other fighting collection. Why not this one?

StereoVsn

Almost certainly will be double dipping on this. Digitally for Switch to sit alongside my SF 30th Anniversary Collection and physical on PS4.
Yeah, going to get my PS4 physical and get it digitally on Steam for the arcade I am going to be building!

//DEVIL//

strange not on xbox. Not that I have that console. by default, I prefer to buy anything I buy on PC. but still strange.

I guess Xbox software sales are really shit thanks to gamepass.

Tempted to actually triple dip on this just to send a clear message that I want more MvC.
After the disaster of the Disney interference with MvC Infinite, I think we should probably let MvC rest

It will never be like it was in the old days with Disney interfering with everything Marvel related

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Imho is more due to the gamepass / software sales.
"and to fix that would require more investment than it would be worth, at least in their estimation".

Right in the money...or should I say...right in the lack of money Xbox generates due to poor sales.

rkofan87

Gold Member
Ok, but why?

Given that ps4/ps5 x xone/series uses similar architecture + the PC ports.

Well forget what I said about spider man that the Great, AA games are on the M.T Framework, but the rest of the AA games are not.

Last edited:

Kacho

Ok, but why?

Given that ps4/ps5 x xone/series uses similar architecture + the PC ports.

Obviously. Niche games like this are a nonfactor on Xbox. Casuals only play live service trash and big western AAAs, and hardcore Xbros have been conditioned to only care about Game Pass.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
I’ll pick this up on PC just for Punisher. The rest is gravy.
Paying $40+ bucks for 30 minute game is kinda weird. I would get if you wanted fan service packaging but this ain't it chief. It is barebones. The console ports of Punisher arcade game even had a few more levels if I recall correctly.

Last edited:
Not on the Xbox store, on steam. That’s my point. I had to go buy these games on steam. Retro ports are hardly Expensive to make so, it’s a bit sad that even these are missing xbox. I bought all of hamster neo geo ports for xbox. Was hoping I’d be able to buy everything else they port. 😞

I couldn't find MUSHA on Steam.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
Every other fighting collection Capcom Has put out so far has been on the Xbox street fighter and the other fighting collection. Why not this one?
Maybe they did their research on other MvC titles on Xbox Store. I own all the other Capcom fighting collections there and I would not buy it. Only good game in the whole collection is X-Men vs Street Fighter. It really belongs in Capcom Arcade Stadium 2 set with other CPS2 titles.

DeVeAn

Just scrolling through my library looking at all my capcom games on Xbox…. All sorts… bionic commando game, list planet series and super street fighter 4 on BC…… I have the entire megaman collection pretty much on my Xbox. Capcom arcade collections…. Street fighter collection…. O unusual and Omani remasters in my backlig along with every resident ever game they ever put on an Xbox…… got heavily invested in the mosster hunter games on Xbox. I own the entire devil may cry series on Xbox. I bought dragons dogma way back in the day on X360….. bought the remaster and the sequel, because I live the series, even if DD2 is gonna sit in my backlog for a while. I was glad to see street fighter return to xbox in the form of SF6 and bought it day and date….

I’ll be so pissed if this does not even see a later releases date on Xbox. It’s going to ruin my collection if I don’t have this set of games in it. It’s the only set of capcom fighting games I’m really missing on my Xbox next to project justice/ rival schools 2. I NEED this in my collection. I’m just gonna hope and cope. I’ll buy it on steam in the meantime so Atleast own it. But I need this in my Xbox. End of! God this has really pisssed me off.
Same boat here.

MrA

Paying $40+ bucks for 30 minute game is kinda weird. I would get if you wanted fan service packaging but this ain't it chief. It is barebones. The console ports of Punisher arcade game even had a few more levels if I recall correctly.
The Punisher is an ultra-high replayability arcade title for some people, 1 cc, high scores, etc, if you just pump in credits and mash to the end, yeah its a 30-minute game, if you like the want to play it like you're at the arcade and you want to get the most out of your quarter it is a different experience,

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
The Punisher is an ultra-high replayability arcade title for some people, 1 cc, high scores, etc, if you just pump in credits and mash to the end, yeah its a 30-minute game, if you like the want to play it like you're at the arcade and you want to get the most out of your quarter it is a different experience,
I have Final Fight and Ghouls n' Goblins in Capcom Arcade Stadium that I replay constantly with rewind and other tweaks, but if this is anything like their Capcom Fighting Collection it will not have those. Best you can hope for is button mapped save states.

Last edited:

radewagon

After the disaster of the Disney interference with MvC Infinite, I think we should probably let MvC rest

It will never be like it was in the old days with Disney interfering with everything Marvel related
Bruh, that was like 7 years ago.

For reference, those 7 years are 1 year more than the entire timespan that is represented by this new compilation.

So, yeah, it's time. Especially now that the MCU is in the gutter, Disney might actually give Capcom the freedom it needs to make a slammin' title.

Lambogenie

That was ages ago. We also got Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 from Tecmi which not only dodged the shit movie style look you'd expect them to enforce but also had a super healthy and diverse in a good way roster, from Peter to Storm to Venom to Elsa to Groot to Magneto to all sorts. All in a distinctly comic look with comic powers. It was by far one of the best recent efforts to be a comic game without being infested with movie stylings, actor likenesses or low quality cheap anime-cartoon aesthetics. Seriously, the renders are dope.

So I don't buy that Disney will always ruin everything. UA3 was frankly a better aesthetic than even MvC3 (purely speaking in character render though). And now I want a new UA as well as MvC4 proper.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I got it running on Steamdeck via a Dreamcast emulator and PS2 but it didn’t exactly scratch that itch.
Yeah. I initially tried to emulate it, but as with most software emulators, it can only get you 99% of the way there. There’s just something about playing on original hardware (or at least an official port) that makes it better.

Here’s to hoping there’s no input latency in this collection.

Ribi

Capcom remaking/releasing old games to continue to try to cover up the fact that everyone hates them just a few years ago. Crapcom

Naked Lunch

Are these just gonna be crappy rom dumps like the SF 30th Anniversary Collection?
I mean that game doesnt even allow 3x kicks/punches on one button.
SF 30th did SFIII so dirty - especially in comparison to SFIII Online edition of the PS360 days.
All these recent Capcom collections have been bare minimum low effort.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Had the opportunity to play street fighter hd remix 2, marvel vs capcom 2 those are games that are claimed to be the best fighters of all time and laid the foundation down.

I always thought it was kind of neat with this series how it started with JUST X-Men, then add more Marvel, then throw in some SF into X-Men, then throw some SF into Marvel, then add non-SF Capcom, then just "fuck it we ball". All using whatever sprites they had lying around lol.

I remember when I was younger seeing Children of the Atom at the arcade and being stunned at the visuals for the models, I thought they looked so incredible and smooth. Wolverine, etc... it ate up some quarters.

Last edited:
Are these just gonna be crappy rom dumps like the SF 30th Anniversary Collection?
I mean that game doesnt even allow 3x kicks/punches on one button.
SF 30th did SFIII so dirty - especially in comparison to SFIII Online edition of the PS360 days.
All these recent Capcom collections have been bare minimum low effort.

Been hoping for a collection of "updated ports/versions", including SF3 Double Impact + 3rd Strike, SF3 Alpha Upper Max, etc.

HerjansEagleFeeder

Gold Member
I have a theory as to why this is not on Xbox Spider-Man.
Seriously, what is our best guess as to why this is not coming to Xbox? It this a purely financial decision by Capcom? Or is someone paying them to keep it from Xbox? I don't get this. What are the chances it's releasing on there at a later point in time? I thought in modern engines you simply press a button to export your project to a different platform? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom