• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people hated on the roster because of the original (Ryce) leak and the roster still isn't amazingly going to cover everyone's tastes but it sure as hell is a lot better than what we thought it was going to be a couple months ago.

Hopefully now the shitposts will start to die down.

Jawmuncher

I know people hated on the roster because of the original (Ryce) leak and the roster still isn't amazingly going to cover everyone's tastes but it sure as hell is a lot better than what we thought it was going to be a couple months ago.

Hopefully now the shitposts will start to die down.

When the bigger roster leak was posted. It was still the same amount of vitriol. Outside being "a little better". For example we still got some weird faces and MVC: 4 Females.

Regardless the bigger number from the original does at least help in it not being so meager as compared to what we had before.

Okay, I'm going to make a nutty prediction that tomorrow we'll see Green Goblin as the second Marvel DLC character. I don't know why but I just have a feeling they wouldn't reference him without planning his inclusion

oh and you know, 4 more characters

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So we might get more characters reveal tomorrow because I kinda find it suspicious that we didn't get any DLC character announcement today if it was full trailer.
I don't think they're gonna reveal the whole Character Pass as they go. The two that are in the story (or at least featured most prominently) is enough. We'll get the rest closer to launch probably, or maybe even afterwards.

or a stone, or some story mode stuff.
Story trailers have always been separate and released separately.

Jawmuncher

I do think we might get some characters tomorrow as well. Won't get my hopes up. But it's odd that this reveal seems a bit half-ish and the updates and trailer don't go up until tomorrow. To me it feels like they saved some stuff for capcoms panel.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was unsettled seeing him apparently use Goblin weapons in his attack

he doesnt use the bombs, he dodges them and they hit Haggar

can someone explain this tripod thing and why its important? I never used Frank.

JeTmAn81

can someone explain this tripod thing and why its important? I never used Frank.

3ea303e753d72b89438293b6ab296c9b503b47d12a32d7ad69478f2c3ddab497.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Frank can "Level Up" up to Level 5 by taking a picture during combos. Whatever the # of hits are in the combo, if he takes a picture, that is the number of XP that is added to the character. It was a move you had to do and couldn't combo out of, however. What the tripod allows you to do is wail on a character while not having to worry about taking the photo because the tripod will do it for you.

It makes so much sense for the way the tag system is set up in this game and they introduced it perfectly
with him taking a swig of his drink and all HYPE

It allows him to take pictures while focusing on fighting, instead of sacrificing damage mid-combo by snapping a picture to level up.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
That wasn't the whole trailer. Notice it cut off after Spidey's Level 3.

Bingo, and I think we are going to get one more stage announcement tomorrow as well.

Wish List for the announcements at tomorrow panel
2 more characters
1 DLC character
1 more stage
explantation of Mind Stone
Story Trailer
Q & A

PSqueak

Banned

Frank West has a leveling up mechanic that requires you to take photos, you level up more the longer your combo is and finishing it by taking a photo (or more accurately, your exp is proportional to how many hits your combo has when you take the picture).

The photo move in UMVC3 was OTG and you could combo supers into it and other stuff.

The Tripod gives you a new way to rack up the exp by setting it up before you start to combo with Frank, which should make getting to max level waaaaaaaaaaay easier than in UMVC3.

Neoxon

Okay, I'm going to make a nutty prediction that tomorrow we'll see Green Goblin as the second Marvel DLC character. I don't know why but I just have a feeling they wouldn't reference him without planning his inclusion

oh and you know, 4 more characters
I really hope you're right.

mas8705

He's a MENACE, I tell ya! That Spider-Man made an attempt on the mayor's life! And he's clearly in cahoots with the Green Goblin!!

Today's top story!
Spiderman Teams up with Green Goblin in an Assassination Attempt Against the Mayor!

The out of context writes itself sometimes. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom