• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, Jedah, Monster Hunter, Venom and Dormamu for tomorrow?
Maybe.

I don't think so because that trailer had 6 reveals (even though it featured Thanos and Gamora again, and Thanos was already featured in a previous reveal trailer..) which is what the first wave of reveals was like. We might get an extended trailer tomorrow and this one was cut early, but I don't want to raise expectations.

Mind Stone's surge, unlike the rest shown so far, completely pauses the match for a tick if it lands. So is it U.I related? Steal a bar? They would have shown that right?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Gamora definitely looks better put together here. It's still no co-op attacks, but going through a weapon's cache of blasters and blades within her combos does stress the idea she's the deadliest woman in the galaxy, and highly skilled. Having that huge blaster stuck at the end of a canned combo animation feels a little like a lost opportunity, but that's ok. Interesting to see her teamed up with Thanos here...

i think they are going to kill the free lvl 3 special if you hit the stone button again in a surge. just because this stone does basically that.

Why? The Free Level 3 isn't really equal to not only have multiple lvl 1s, but also possibly retaining the meter after the use of said free lvl 3. If lvl 3s really aren't unscaled in this game, then the ability to do a lvl 3 out of Mind Storm, tag-cancel, and then do your partners lvl 3 also, sounds stupid and feasible.

tribal24

Banned
Exactly.

I would take Hunter out and put Firebrand in. I think they are going to make us wait for Hunter reveal.

yeah this sounds about right, i think we will get hunter last with the launch trailer. Also there is one capcom character who is not in the leak list right? that character might be the one in the final launch trailer.

Kouichi

With how slow and spaced out the reveals have been since launch, I definitely wouldn't expect another set of characters tomorrow. Maybe another DLC reveal at most.

I would love to be wrong. I want to see Venom!

If a actual hunter from Monster Hunter is actually gonna be in, what armor they would be in. Rathalos would be a safe bet, but if they did use a female hunter, people love the Kirin set. Maybe different colors are actually different armors, that would be so sick but highly unlikely.

vg260

Spider-Man's got some new stuff finally!

The game looks cleaner here, but it's hard to tell by off-screen footage.

Honestly, if they just kill the CA and tweak the faces, I'll be OK with how it looks, even if the UI is bland.

Keep forgetting this comes out in ~2 months. I need to buy another PS4 soonish. I take it the majority of gaf will be on PS4 not PC for this game? Sucks no crossplay like sfv =\

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
RIP CABLE

NEVER FORGET THE FUNCTIONS

It's CRAZY how clear it is what characters are replacing the X-Men.

That's fine. Cable probably wouldn't make in the game since there are way better X-Men characters out there that should be in the game! :p

On serious note, I think some characters from X-Men need to have their moveset updated as well since they did fantastic job with Captain America, Thor, Iron-Man, Spider-Man, etc.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Keep forgetting this comes out in ~2 months. I need to buy another PS4 soonish. I take it the majority of gaf will be on PS4 not PC for this game? Sucks no crossplay like sfv =\

why would anyone with a PC not get this on PC just for the mod support?

red blood Jedah son

mas8705

So what did Mind just do? I feel like that was either like a throw or something to disrupt Haggar who was blocking at the time. Perhaps was it can do is that if you grab someone, it sets them up so that you can combo them out of the Mind stone trap they get wrapped in.

As for the surge, Meh... It makes sense that not all surges need to be that significant. Honestly, I like this idea since this can be an instant boost to get your bars back and give you options. I wonder though if it charges over time or if it just dumps all the bars on you really fast?

As for Gamora... Funny how the trailer makes her look more badass than her first showing at EVO, huh? I feel like we barely got to watch her in action in comparison to Jedah...

Neonep

Please let the HUD be different tomorrow.

I know it won't change but no reason not to hope, this game needs all the positive energy possible.

vg260

Okay, I'm going to make a nutty prediction that tomorrow we'll see Green Goblin as the second Marvel DLC character. I don't know why but I just have a feeling they wouldn't reference him without planning his inclusion

I want to believe, but I can't get my hopes up.

When there's a reference in game, it often happens because the character isn't playable and they just want to give a nod.

Sorry MODOK fans :( That stage is going to sting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
forgot about no cross play, I guess that could be a problem. Still getting it on PC tho, I dont intend to play much against randos anyway

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
f(Storm) = Captain Marvel
f(Sentinel) = Ultron
f(Magneto) = Nova
f(Cable) = Gamora

mortal-kombat-x-whos-next-text.jpg

---

Searching through the thread I find:

It's not much, but I heard a few things about the remaining Infinity Stones.

The Soul Stone's Infinity Surge passively steals the opponent's life during combos, and the Infinity Storm revives a character.

I'm not sure what the Mind Stone's Infinity Surge does, but the Infinity Storm creates a copy of your character that mimics your attacks.
source.gif

Ryce

I’m 99% sure my source has old information. He obviously knows what he’s talking about (Jedah and Gamora speak for themselves), but he told me that the Mind Stone’s Infinity Storm created a copy of your character. I’m thinking it was deemed too powerful and replaced fairly recently, because this new Infinity Storm looks really lazy. I’m also starting to get worried that Ant-Man was cut.

Dahbomb

I like how the MODOK model is already in the game.

He will make it in eventually.

I'm 99% sure my source has old information. He obviously knows what he's talking about (Jedah and Gamora speak for themselves), but he told me that the Mind Stone's Infinity Storm created a copy of your character. I'm thinking it was deemed too powerful and replaced fairly recently, because this new Infinity Storm looks really lazy. I'm also starting to get worried that Ant-Man was cut.
I think he probably saw the trailer as us and probably got the Gamora hyper confused with the Mind stone. I know I did when I first saw it.

f(Storm) = Captain Marvel
f(Sentinel) = Ultron
f(Magneto) = Nova
f(Cable) = Gamora
I know this is a joke but Gamora and Cable are nothing alike, same for Ultron and Sentinel.

Jawmuncher

I’m 99% sure my source has old information. He obviously knows what he’s talking about (Jedah and Gamora speak for themselves), but he told me that the Mind Stone’s Infinity Storm created a copy of your character. I’m thinking it was deemed too powerful and replaced fairly recently, because this new Infinity Storm looks really lazy. I’m also starting to get worried that Ant-Man was cut.

This is starting to seem likely. Or he got moved into one of those DLC slots

Kouichi

I'm getting flashbacks to the Smash gematsu leak.

RedBoot

This is starting to seem likely. Or he got moved into one of those DLC slots

I haven't been following the leaks super-close, but with Black Panther and presumably Winter Soldier in two of the slots, Ant-Man would be the only rumored possibility outside of Death, right? And I still kind of doubt Death is playable.

Could always be someone completely unknown, of course.

patchday

why would anyone with a PC not get this on PC just for the mod support?

red blood Jedah son

for some reason (at least in the US) I think sales are more popular for PS4 so preordered on Amazon for that. If Steam would've put it on sale I might have gotten it there instead.

Because I'm worried about the long term user base on PC since there is no cross play and while fighting games are getting more popular on PC they aren't no where near console level of popularity/user base. Neither Tekken or SFV are even charting on steam stats for instance

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Tekken 7 still averages about 5k active players each day. If the PC version is good. People will play it on Steam.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So is the reason no crossplay because of Sony or have they said? Seems weird it was in SFV but not here.
Crossplay is outside of the norm for pretty much every genre, I don't think devs need to explain themselves necessarily for not including it. But the online is dissimilar from SFV in a lot of ways because they didn't want to have to deal with CFN and it's associated server update and maintenance BS so they went with their own solution.

EDIT: And yeah, the political ramifications of cross-play are too much of a headache like ColonialHawk said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom