• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mayweather vs McGregor World Press Tour: July 11-14, 4 Cities, Open to the Public

That's rich coming from you.
Not sure why you say that but I fully expected it to be more entertaining than it was - thought this would be the best thing about the fight.

Let's see what happens today.

Eeeeeh........Conor had to wing it, showtime didn't tell him shit what kind of press conference it was gonna be. Mayweather came prepared and had a speech written. But saying "hard work" repeatedly is pretty damn cringy. It was a tottally different kind of press conference that Conor is used to. Go look at Conor's own press conference, the one with Mayweather Sr. There you can see the usual Conor.
Yeah I read something about him being unsighted but surely he will have seen boxing press conferences before and known how they are set up. Dana was saying something earlier in the week how it'll be different to the UFC and there will be speeches etc. So find it a little hard to believe he was totally caught off guard when they asked him to say something...

I think Mayweather was trying to get a "hard work and dedication" back and forth with the crowd going but there werent enough fans for that :lol

Will check out this clip of Conor vs Mayweather Sr.

Anth0ny

Conor needs to top the bottle throws in order to draw PPV buys.

I'm thinking he spits in mayweather's face and laughs today. That's how you sell a fight.

BadAss2961

Eeeeeh........Conor had to wing it, showtime didn't tell him shit what kind of press conference it was gonna be. Mayweather came prepared and had a speech written. But saying "hard work" repeatedly is pretty damn cringy. It was a tottally different kind of press conference that Conor is used to. Go look at Conor's own press conference, the one with Mayweather Sr. There you can see the usual Conor.
The "hard work" thing is one of his slogans going back years. He says hard work, his camp and supporters say "dedication."

Some upset Conor fans in this thread. He did fine, but if you thought he was going to embarrass Floyd or something, you were mistaken.

cordy

Banned
Kinda funny how the only 2 people who successfully clowned Mayweather are 50 and Charlamagne.

As for Mayweather having a speech written for him lol, yall must not know Mayweather. Dude ain't reading shit lol.

Am I the only one that thinks that Conner might just take a point deduction to get a solid elbow or headbutt in to even things out a bit. A cut can do crazy things in a fight.

Not too big on boxing, but it would only be a 1 pt deduction... and I doubt he cares about it going the distance anyway.

Conor needs to top the bottle throws in order to draw PPV buys.

I'm thinking he spits in mayweather's face and laughs today. That's how you sell a fight.
Conor is more respectful than that. Yes they both need each other to make 100 million each but that type of money can only be made in Mayweather's world, in boxing.

flkraven

Am I the only one that thinks that Conner might just take a point deduction to get a solid elbow or headbutt in to even things out a bit. A cut can do crazy things in a fight.

Not too big on boxing, but it would only be a 1 pt deduction... and I doubt he cares about it going the distance anyway.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather put something in the contract that cuts out money if something like this happens.

zewone

Interesting Conor says he's eyeing up Nate when he comes back to MMA. Figure him and/or GSP and he'll call it.

Diaz 3 for the belt in December seems like his most likely return.

I thought it was funny he said his whole motivation for returning to the UFC this year was to make #1 on Forbes list.

Once he figured out the schedule they use was different he didn't seem as excited, lol.

Camwi

Diaz 3 for the belt in December seems like his most likely return.

I thought it was funny he said his whole motivation for returning to the UFC this year was to make #1 on Forbes list.

Once he figured out the schedule they use was different he didn't seem as excited, lol.

That would be some bullshit.

sytadel

Conor could be a stand up comic if he wanted, now that he's prepared and understands the conference setup this speech will be something else.

zewone

It's on.

I am not a fan of Brendan Schaub. I wish they had gotten someone else to represent the MMA side of things.

They had Ariel Helwani as well, but we all know what happened there.

Schaub has the background and experience to be knowledgeable about both sports. Golden gloves champ and UFC vet.

The production value on these streams is legit terrible for a company like Showtime.

Also it is crazy how much of a babyface McGregor is with these crowds.

Top Bottom