• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mayweather vs McGregor World Press Tour: July 11-14, 4 Cities, Open to the Public

VoxPop

Conor said he makes 100m+ if they break the MayPac numbers. Does he have what it takes to beat 10 years of honeydicking in 2 months? If he does he's absolutely the A-side imo.

Tom_Cody

It's not hard to figure out. The other poster said McGregor wad KO'd on the feet.

That LITERALLY did not happen. Conor lost the fight and he was indeed hurt on the feet but the idea he was KO'd is a factually incorrect statement
I'm pretty sure his point was that Conor was hurt upstairs in his fight with Diaz (which ultimately led to his tapout), which indicates that he could be hurt by Mayweather as well. But yes, you are are correct regarding the details of the stoppage.

My friend called me earlier to say that he has an extra ticket, and if I'm free tomorrow...

... HELL YEAH!

I guess I'm leaving work after lunch.

Dana White, allegedly, had Ariel Helwani removed from covering this fight.

We need to pull together and campaign for Ariel to get his pass back for this fight. Ariel is the Adam Schefter/Jay Glazer of MMA reporting, IMHO so this is weird.

I initially backed Ariel in the last spat when he got his press credentials revoked, but he has been talking shit about dana for like a year now. I'm not surprised Dana called up showtime and said he didn't want him with access. It's petty on all parties at this point.

Dana White, allegedly, had Ariel Helwani removed from covering this fight.

We need to pull together and campaign for Ariel to get his pass back for this fight. Ariel is the Adam Schefter/Jay Glazer of MMA reporting, IMHO so this is weird.
The UFC had him pulled from the Showtime Sports panel that he was slated to do along with Mauro, Paulie and Brendan Schaub. They didn't have his actual press credentials taken away, however. He actually interviewed both fighters today:

https://youtu.be/8U2ViyCIqUo

https://youtu.be/EwRJ8x3ZK80

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
I'm pretty sure his point was that Conor was hurt upstairs in his fight with Diaz (which ultimately led to his tapout), which indicates that he could be hurt by Mayweather as well. But yes, you are are correct regarding the details of the stoppage.

Conor lost the Diaz fight cause he gassed. He would have eaten those Diaz shots that wobbled him with a full gass tank but I'm taking nothing away from Diaz as he weathered the McGregor blitz and went on to win.

I think Conor will have a very similar strategy with the Mayweather fight. Try to KO him inside four rounds and if that doesn't work hope the fight being at 154 instead of 170 leaves him with enough gass to lose on decision instead of being finished by Floyd.

Really looking forward to it whatever happens!!

I honestly feel pity for people who will buy this PPV. I don't care how much money you have or how much it costs, the very principle of paying for this sham should label you a sucker for life.

Honestly after watching more of the footage form backstage the thing that I took away the most is how utterly unphased by any of this Conor is. I really think Team Money thought they were gonna get one over on him here today, but Conor doesn't give a single fuck. He's as cool, calm, and in the moment as he ever is.

Now fight night Mayweather will still outbox him, but its pretty damn impressive how carefree and confident Conor is. More people would get a lot further in life (myself included) if they had even 10% of the self belief McGregor has

Honestly after watching more of the footage form backstage the thing that I took away the most is how utterly unphased by any of this Conor is. I really think Team Money thought they were gonna get one over on him here today, but Conor doesn't give a single fuck. He's as cool, calm, and in the moment as he ever is.

Now fight night Mayweather will still outbox him, but its pretty damn impressive how carefree and confident Conor is. More people would get a lot further in life (myself included) if they had even 10% of the self belief McGregor has

For fucks sake, why don't you just call him your lord and savior and get it over with?

wisdom0wl

Had two friends heavy into UFC tell me that Floyd was scared lmao. Told em that Conor would get slapped around on the 26th but they said he's too big. Guess they'll figure out for themselves lol

KillLaCam

Banned
DEgJTKvU0AAg8AS.jpg

The Suit made me a fan

For fucks sake, why don't you just call him your lord and savior and get it over with?

What? I don't even think the dude is gonna win the fight (I think he's gonna get his ears boxed off) but there's nothing wrong with taking inspiration from people.

I think his eagerness and self belief are admirable lessons to learn. Or you can get a mocking tone with other forum members, cause ya know, that always adds a ton to the conversation.

Haunted

I doubted McGregor would be able to get into Mayweather's head with all of Floyd's experience, but denigrating boxing itself (we're not really fighting, it's "just" boxing etc) could be the ticket for Conor, he really got under the skin of Mayweather Sr. at least.

At least the suit is bringing it:

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEfKcxDUQAQKZTo.jpg[/IMG]
wowowowow :lol

Mister Wolf

I'm really really confused here. Where is the knockdown or the KO?

Diaz stunned Conor on the feet who then shot a lazy takedown to try to get out of trouble, got his back taken and RNC'd

Conor resorted to panic wrestling to avoid getting knocked out on his feet. He loved to mock other fighters for panic wrestling.

finowns

The back and forth between McGregor and 'Senior' was funny. Conor threatening to choke out Mayweather and Senior would be too slow to get in the ring and stop him.

Tekniqs

The back and forth between McGregor and 'Senior' was funny. Conor threatening to choke out Mayweather and Senior would be too slow to get in the ring and stop him.

i'm sure if Conor steps out of the boundaries of boxing, he'll prolly kiss that massive payday good bye.

JettDash

Floyd has like four huge bodyguards that go everywhere with him. Conor would get the shit stomped put of him if that happened. And not get paid, probably. Along with never fighting in Nevada again.

BunnyBear

I think Mayweather will win comfortably but he is absolutely pathetic on the mic. It's just an embarrassing comparison, though I guess he is going up against one of the best.

No wonder regular people outside of America had never heard of Mayweather before the Manny fight.

And it's hilarious that some people in this thread legit think Mayweather won the verbal warfare lol...maybe a cultural thing ? Or just support that woman beater that much ?

I have no horse in this but Mayweather repeating himself and making up bs about 4 oz gloves and stepping into an octagon is straight garbage especially doing it while McGregor gets his mic shut off.

I hope when McGregor is getting tagged up he says f it and decides to just throw knee in the clinch to Mayweathers dome.

JettDash

And it's hilarious that some people in this thread legit think Mayweather won the verbal warfare lol...maybe a cultural thing ? Or just support that woman beater that much ?

I have no horse in this but Mayweather repeating himself and making up bs about 4 oz gloves and stepping into an octagon is straight garbage especially doing it while McGregor gets his mic shut off .

Floyd didn't talk while Conor spoke. He just sat there and looked bored.

Oh and if Conor does some BS like that he will get DQ'd and not get paid. But as long has he hurts Floyd that's all that matters?

So?

They both can call each other bitches and say they'll knock the other out but Mayweather is the one spewing out straight BS when he says he would fight with 4oz gloves and that he would fight him in the octagon.

Wolf tickets

JettDash

So?

They both can call each other bitches and say they'll knock the other out but Mayweather is the one spewing out straight BS when he says he would fight with 4oz gloves and that he would fight him in the octagon.

Wolf tickets

He would probably do it if UFC paid him enough money.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I honestly feel pity for people who will buy this PPV. I don't care how much money you have or how much it costs, the very principle of paying for this sham should label you a sucker for life.

Ayup, not even liable to be an interesting fight. Just Conor getting picked apart and gassing after four rounds.

I don't think he became a panic wrestler at all, if he would have been able to get him down, McGregor would have been f*cked.

He came close but McGregor had some solid TDD

There's no comparison to what Connor did and what Nate was trying to do.

JettDash

Wow....lol

The only thing he cares about is money and his perfect record. If the UFC would pay he what he is making for this fight he would probably take it even knowing he would lose. It isn't like it would stain his boxing record.

Hell I would fight McGregor for that much money. He could kick me in the head and then that would be the fight.

It has become fairly clear that Mayweather took this fight to pay taxes.

Doesn't seem very interested in fighting regardless of money otherwise .

He's not going to fight again after this if a fight with say GGG would generate the same purse .

And he's not going to get his ass completely brutalized in an octagon for the same money either .

DKehoe

Does that mean anything at all? Are we going to just believe anything he says ?

I think it's more likely that he just saw an opportunity to make a huge amount of money (quite possibly more than he's ever made for a fight before) with there being very little risk. McGregor is just saying the tax stuff to fuck with him.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

I have no horse in this but Mayweather repeating himself and making up bs about 4 oz gloves and stepping into an octagon is straight garbage especially doing it while McGregor gets his mic shut off.

I hope when McGregor is getting tagged up he says f it and decides to just throw knee in the clinch to Mayweathers dome.

I liked how Conor couldn't even control his racist outbursts for one conference lol

JettDash

Does that mean anything at all? Are we going to just believe anything he says ?

Not necessarily. But him not cashing that check perfectly explains why he owes the IRS money he doesn't have in his account.

Anyway, maybe he is (relatively) broke. But he still would have took the fight even if he isn't. Why wouldn't he? It should be an easy fight for him and he will make nine figures. Why would he turn that down?

Means nothing but I thought McGregor was surprisingly 'poor' on the mic. Not as witty as he usually is, just came off as brash. That suit though :lol

Mayweather was Mayweather...but I fully expected him to not even bother going beyond the usual, I'm TBE, hard work...see you on Aug 26 stuff.

This will all get very tiring by the end of the week.

BunnyBear

Means nothing but I thought McGregor was surprisingly 'poor' on the mic. Not as witty as he usually is, just came off as brash. That suit though :lol

Mayweather was Mayweather...but I fully expected him to not even bother going beyond the usual, I'm TBE, hard work...see you on Aug 26 stuff.

That's rich coming from you.

gogogow

Eeeeeh........Conor had to wing it, showtime didn't tell him shit what kind of press conference it was gonna be. Mayweather came prepared and had a speech written. But saying "hard work" repeatedly is pretty damn cringy. It was a tottally different kind of press conference that Conor is used to. Go look at Conor's own press conference, the one with Mayweather Sr. There you can see the usual Conor.

Top Bottom