• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mayweather vs McGregor World Press Tour: July 11-14, 4 Cities, Open to the Public

This was so much better than the first one. Glad they kept Conor's mic on this time. "Do what you're told, bitch!" Haha! Conor was on point, today.

Yup.

Also, about Floyd, I didn't think he was doing that badly at selling himself as a heel until he apologized to Dana. Wtf was that?
Floyd's been belittling Conor for not being his own boss. Frequently pointing out that Dana is his boss and showing respect to Dana and not the lowly servant (Conor). So, praising Dana and showing respect at the same time disrespects Conor. Also Floyd respects money. He knows Dana is a big dog with power. After seeing the easy money he's about to make, he's probably already fantasizing about 51-0 against the next hyped MMA fighter and the easy money it would make him. This fight doesn't happen without Dana. Dana is making Floyd a lot of money and could make him even more money in the future if Floyd plays his cards right.

sytadel

How exactly is this fight "fake"? Floyd will not hesitate in fucking Conor up to reach 50-0 and protect his legacy. And obviously the flipside to that is yes, i'm pretty sure Conor will be punching as hard as he can to try and score an unimaginable knockout that will have him being talked about in 1000 years time.

Yeah it's a show right now, but once they're in that ring it'll be as serious as a heart attack.

cordy

Banned
Only other thing I can say is you know that they're going to ball out once the fight's over at a club or some shit. These dudes are too similar. If they weren't fighting each other they'd be giving props to the other guy on social media.

McGregor absolutely destroyed Mayweather in this presser and the crowd is going to be even more against Mayweather in these next 2 stops so it will only get worse for him. I really don't think this is going to phase Mayweather at all, in the post interview he actually looked pretty pleased. Mayweather has been trying to sell this fight to boxing fans by talking up McGregor to make them believe that he has a chance. In this presser McGregor sold the fight to boxing fans whether they believe he has a chance or not. This event is definitely breaking the record, I'm guessing 6-7mill buys.

Conor needs to grab one of Floyd's money stacks and really toss it to the crowd and make it rain. What's 5 grand when that scene will be replayed worldwide by every news channel.

Shieeet. Actually just watching Floyd's post conference interview. Said he made $300M in the Manny fight and thinks he can top that with this fight. Yeah, no mystery why he's sucking Dana's cock on stage.

Moze

Banned
This is so ridiculously lame. I much prefer normal press conferences than this overproduced and scripted nonsense.

Zampano

Conor needs to grab one of Floyd's money stacks and really toss it to the crowd and make it rain. What's 5 grand when that scene will be replayed worldwide by every news channel.

What's 5 grand when the fight's cancelled and you're being sued for millions for causing a mass panic/crush.

DKehoe

What's 5 grand when the fight's cancelled and you're being sued for millions for causing a mass panic/crush.

Yeh, I initially thought he was going to as well. It sounds like it would make for a cool moment, and I'm sure it crossed McGregor's mind, but it would have led to chaos and people getting hurt. (Although this is also the guy who threw cans of energy drink out into a crowd)

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Mayweather LOVES being the villain ... I wish they could do one of these pressers in Ireland, but he might not make it out alive. I remember when he came to the ring with a sombrero on cinco de mayo against oscar de la Hoya ..

He will have something Irish going on next month

weekev

Banned
This is gonna be historical with regards to the money this fight will make. Everything else will be dwarfed massively.

that was so entertaining. McGregor is on a whole other level with the trash talk skills. But I still had a lot of fun watching this carny bullshit conference from both of them.

You can tell Floyd is loving it, Conor is selling this fight nicely.

Conor doesnt have ammunition left. He talked about Floyds illiteracy and strip club/strippers, his clothes. Whats left?

Oh right theres one thing left but I dont know if he will go there...I hope he does!!

Conor doesnt have ammunition left. He talked about Floyds illiteracy and strip club/strippers, his clothes. Whats left?

Oh right theres one thing left but I dont know if he will go there...I hope he does!!

His coach already mentioned it in a tweet so I'm guessing it's coming.

Jamie OD

Seems like he's building up to that. We all know somebody's going to cross a line before this tour ends.

MrS

Banned
McGregor hasn't reached Tyson Fury's trash talking level yet but my dude is not far away. Can't wait for round 3. Hope he doesn't tell him to dance for him again though. That's a bit gross.

On one hand he is not American so I don't think it carries the same connotation

But on the other hand, he corrected himself from "boy" to "son" in the first conference pretty quickly so I think he knew what was wrong with that and decided to go with anyway in the second conference

That said, McGregor can and will go to culturally insensitive slurs to get under the skin of his opponent as he did against Diaz and most notably Aldo

Conor is goddamn electric on the mic

He reminds me of the Rock trying to be heel. Couldn't get people to dislike him no matter how hard he tried

Different connotations in the UK and US maybe?

I should point out first of all that Ireland is in no way a part of the UK.

But yeah, absolutely, it just doesn't exist outside of the US, he would have no frame of reference for it really. It's kind of like an American tourist walking into a pub in Ireland and ordering a 'Black and Tan', it can cause offence, but the tourist wouldn't necessarily know that.

karasu

I wish I could believe this fight was real. I'd love to see McGregor get destroyed after that "dance, boy!" shit and comments about Mayweather's clothes.

I wish I could believe this fight was real. I'd love to see McGregor get destroyed after that "dance, boy!" shit and comments about Mayweather's clothes.

The clothes thing is a common insult from McGregor. He did the same thing to Urijah Faber. Conor loves fashion and is always dressed very well, so it's an easy area he can make fun of / belittle his opponents.

Only reason Conor repeated the "Dance for me boy" line is because it pissed some people off, which is exactly what he wants.

Wuiji

Mayweather isn't winning the press tour. You have to be delusional to believe that. Both times so far Conor has completely controlled the crowd and the talk on Twitter.

He dominated with trash talk that would get laughed at in a COD lobby.

"Youse a beetch!"

Oh boy, you sure got him there.

"Youse a beetch too!"

Oh no, stop with this brutal assault of top tier trash talk.

giphy.gif

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Conor's trash talk was better than Floyd using his stupid hard work chant and pulling out the backpack again.

I really don't think this is going to phase Mayweather at all, in the post interview he actually looked pretty pleased.

Absolutely, he's pleased. He's about to have the easiest fight of his entire pro career with an enormous payday and his opponent is doing all of the work to sell the fight. He's basically just got his feet up on the couch while Conor hand-feeds him frozen grapes.

I am from the UK and didn't know that was racist until I read it on here.

Ireland is 97% white. There is no context for Conor to realize it could be perceived racist. He's called white opponents his son or boy many times before.

That said once he realized it angered some people he clearly repeated it on purpose to keep getting a rise out of people. This is fight promotion though so it's not surprising. Floyd had done racist stuff in the build up to both the Oscar fight as well as the Manny fight and Conor got a bit racist with both Aldo and Diaz

It's fucked up sure but it's fight promotion 101. Floyd will likely go into some race stuff once they hit London

Top Bottom