• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mayweather vs McGregor World Press Tour: July 11-14, 4 Cities, Open to the Public

He said "dance for me boy" and we have full blooded Americans not understanding what's questionable about that. I'm speechless.

I've lived in South Florida my whole life. The only time I've ever heard the word boy like that has been in movies. But I guess I never thought it was used as a perjorative torwards black people. Just thought it was a southern thing.

I've lived in South Florida my whole life. The only time I've ever heard the word boy like that has been in movies. But I guess I never thought it was used as a perjorative torwards black people. Just thought it was a southern thing.
I'm not questioning your experience. I'm just genuinely surprised.

jett

D-Member
Stream is on.

Audience volume is sadly totally fucked. That will decrease the entertainment factor of the fuckery.

Tekniqs

This thing is going to be such a shit show. Won't go longer than 2 rounds tops. McGregor getting rich to get knocked out quick. I suppose not a bad way to go out for him.

i'd rather Floyd takes Mac into deep waters. See if he gases. Quitting on his stool will be a much worse look than getting KO'd by Floyd. Doubt Mac will quit tho.

zelas

Decided to rewatch the first Diaz/Mcgregor fight while waiting on the conference. Conor really has talked himself right into a beating from Floyd. He couldn't even stop Nate's gassed as hell combinations from landing. And neither of those guys could handle 9 minutes of intermittent punching, let alone grappling, without falling over each other. I guess technically Conor could improve significantly on the cardio front but to acquire the expertise of pro fighters that have failed already...

Decided to rewatch the first Diaz/Mcgregor fight while waiting on the conference. Conor really has talked himself right into a beating from Floyd. He couldn't even stop Nate's gassed as hell combinations from landing. And neither of those guys could handle 9 minutes of intermittent punching, let alone grappling, without falling over each other. I guess technically Conor could improve significantly on the cardio front but to acquire the expertise of pro fighters that have failed already...
I don't think they are comparable

It will be 36 minutes as opposed to 25 minutes. But I also think 5 minute rounds in a much bigger ring, with kicks, smaller gloves and wrestling is far more draining than 3 minute rounds, constant breaks, relatively minimal movement.

And Diaz is a far bigger man than Floyd with legitimate KO power, a monstrous chin and a wrestling game to frighten Conor. The opponents are not comparable. Floyd will not put that sort of fear into Conor that Diaz could. Even when Mayweather schools McGregor technically, it's just not the same sort of pressure.

McGregor wont have to nurse a broken/sprained foot from kicking shins throughout this fight either

Conor really disappointed me in his statements. He should apologize publicly for that shit immediately.

But damn is that outfit outstanding

zewone

Style God

KXoYpphl.jpg

Top Bottom