• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mayweather vs McGregor World Press Tour: July 11-14, 4 Cities, Open to the Public

Brinbe

Of course Floyd wants McGregor to go over in the prefight hype. Those markass marks are the ones who'll boost the ppv numbers

This is basic carny hype-building that's been around for more than 100 years. The only thing that's funny is how they took these basic concepts from wrasslin and do it about a billion times better.

zewone

So many people want to dismiss the mental warfare of the game as carny or theater.

Sure, it's some of that, but there's more to it. These attacks are getting more personal and I can see Mayweather getting compromised mentally. He's never had an opponent behave like this ever.

BradC00

So many people want to dismiss the mental warfare of the game as carny or theater.

Sure, it's some of that, but there's more to it. These attacks are getting more personal and I can see Mayweather getting compromised mentally. He's never had an opponent behave like this ever.

You are kidding yourself if you think Mayweather is shook. If anything he's eating it up.

That's true but he's also never had an easier opponent.

So it would have to be a real mental breakdown for it to make a difference.

zewone

He isn't the only one. There a lot of hype-drunk Conor fans out there getting suckered in to thinking this will be competitive.

It's not worth arguing, but you're kidding yourself if you think this won't be competitive.

That's true but he's also never had an easier opponent.

So it would have to be a real mental breakdown for it to make a difference.
A moment of questionable judgement is all it takes.

Jindrax

McGregor was entertaining has hell.
But Floyd just won the entire thing for me with his line:

"The fans can't fight for you"

16BitNova

At the end of the day, I don't care how carny and fake this all is, as long as I get to see Mayweather lose. I've always hated his runaway 90% of the time style. I want to watch a fight, not a marathon. Knock his out, Connor.

Tom_Cody

I'm here at the press room. Just waiting for things to get started.

gWPMNle.jpg

I am from the UK and didn't know that was racist until I read it on here.

Ireland is 97% white. There is no context for Conor to realize it could be perceived racist. He's called white opponents his son or boy many times before.
It's 2017.

Unless Conor grew up on an Amish homestead with no access to internet, movies or books, ignorance is not an excuse.

He's demonstrated that he's extremely culturally aware, has spent much of his career in America, and oh yeah, has said plenty of racist shit before.

But I guess he's entertaining so people are happy to cape for him.

Go make a separate thread to generate the outrage you're pining for.
Calm down. No outrage here. Defending him is just dumb, that's all.

Moze

Banned
The boy stuff was kinda meh. I didn't even know that was considered offensive.

The monkey stuff though? Why even say that?

McGregor was entertaining has hell.
But Floyd just won the entire thing for me with his line:

"The fans can't fight for you"

Eh, it gets in people's head. Trust me, the last few dudes besides Nate Diaz (whom had his own fair share of fan support) were rattled by the support McGregor got.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
my guess is that first it is press conference for the press so reporters can ask questions

later on it iwll be a press conference for the public

http://i.imgur.com/4CzPfAR.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Tom on a scale of strawberry neapolitan ice cream to heinz ketchup, how red is dana in real life?

VoxPop

Saw mayweather earlier today and he hit up chase in the city. Mega cash branch so maybe he got a bigger of bag of money this time 😂

I've lived in the US my entire life. I'm 30 years old. I've never known the word "boy" to be racist. What?

Is it from like the movies where they talk down to the slaves? Seriously?

cbrun44

This thing is going to be such a shit show. Won't go longer than 2 rounds tops. McGregor getting rich to get knocked out quick. I suppose not a bad way to go out for him.

Google it then. Learn the history of your country. Recent history at that.

Googling now, and I've never heard of this before. I thought the word boy was thrown around to everybody in the south.

Either way, I definitely don't think Conor was saying that in a racist way. He may have said other racist things, but not in this instance.

Top Bottom