• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mayweather vs McGregor World Press Tour: July 11-14, 4 Cities, Open to the Public

Point out that easy work
r8bbHYy.png

Dazzler

If anything, that presser made me less interested to see the fight

It's just so nakedly about money. Mayweather thanking McGregor like they're business partners (which they absolutely are)

If anything, that presser made me less interested to see the fight

It's just so nakedly about money. Mayweather thanking McGregor like they're business partners (which they absolutely are)

yup they were both loving it, they know its alll about that money win are lose

I have so much more appreciation for UFC press conferences now. That was cringe worthy. No mics, then mics, then cutting off mcgregors mic and the old dudes just sounding boring as hell....

Levito

Banned
Well it's good people are getting used to saying this. The practice will help come fight night.

Not really, everyone that's not a total mark knows the fight itself will be a wash. I wanted some crazy shit talking fuckery, this was like maybe 10 mins of each saying some lines, then it was over. Cutting Conor's mic was lame too.

mekes

That was so regimented compared to a UFC conference. Conor's mic got muted which was a shame, spoiled the fun (whilst saving Mayweather some serious face).

Bobnob

Mayweather won that quite easy, he will smash McGregor up in the ring also, i think there was real anger and hatred from Floyds side almost as through he see conner as disrespecting him for wanting the fight.I reckon conner gets doubled over round 2/3 and gives up.

Furyous

Conor calling Floyd boy and I see what he's doing there. Don't like what he's doing there but I get it. This was a quality press conference as both worlds are clashing. This is a boxing match helmed by a boxing promotion so why would the UFC host it? I love the shit talking from both sides Floyd has history on his side. Floyd's competed at a high boxing level for over 20+ years so it's hard to take Conor's talk seriously.

This won't be an easy fight for Floyd because he's old and retired for years. Conor can pull off an upset but we'll see how it goes.

Floyd needs to stretch this fight out as long as possible but avoid it going 12 rounds because Conor could win on decision.

Realyn

Mayweather won that quite easy, he will smash McGregor up in the ring also, i think there was real anger and hatred from Floyds side almost as through he see conner as disrespecting him for wanting the fight.I reckon conner gets doubled over round 2/3 and gives up.
Bet your house against conner every chance you get

I could not disagree more, Floyd appreciates that he doesn't have to sell this fight on his own, and can get nine figures in what will likely be a relatively easy fight. Don't buy the bullshit narrative, this is just two guys putting on a show and cashing out.

Conor was at a loss for words. And looked soft as fuck talking about his baby. Reminds me of when Fedor got all religious and fell off. I think the magnitude of this fight overwhelmed him. He looked super uncomfortable out there. Floyd already had the edge in skill, but seems like he also has the mental edge. But I guess I can't really blame Conor. Unlike every fight he's had so far, this is the first where even he probably believes he has no chance. How can you exude that usual overconfidence and shittalk, knowing you can't back it up?

So, Floyd saying he'd fight in 4oz gloves if Conor wanted it. Is this a case of knowing they can't change it now, even if both fighters agree to it?

Conor was at a loss for words. And looked soft as fuck talking about his baby. Reminds me of when Fedor got all religious and fell off. I think the magnitude of this fight overwhelmed him. He looked super uncomfortable out there. Floyd already had the edge in skill, but seems like he also has the mental edge. But I guess I can't really blame Conor. Unlike every fight he's had so far, this is the first where even he probably believes he has no chance. How can you exude that usual overconfidence and shittalk, knowing you can't back it up?

So, Floyd saying he'd fight in 4oz gloves if Conor wanted it. Is this a case of knowing they can't change it now, even if both fighters agree to it?

No, this is another case of Floyd running his mouth in public and not ever intending on following through. He also said today that it didn't matter if it was in the octagon or in the ring, which everyone knows is bullshit

Connor can win everything, but lose nothing. He is getting paid but if this was a true fight, Floyd would be headkicked unconscience in 2 seconds flat.

jett

D-Member
LOL Connor would not win a decision. Though I do think that Flloyd will try to knock him out.

Yeah you know, it would be a little embarrassing if the alleged pound for pound best boxer alive with an undefeated 49-0 record can't knock out someone who has never boxed in his life before.

It'd be sad if he fought to win on points.

Anyway, Conor wins either way. This fight is the biggest win he's ever gonna get.

Chumley

Banned
Yeah you know, it would be a little embarrassing if the alleged pound for pound best boxer alive with an undefeated 49-0 record can't knock out someone who has never boxed in his life before.

It'd be sad if he fought to win on points.

Anyway, Conor wins either way. This fight is the biggest win he's ever gonna get.

Conor has never been knocked out before and Floyd's fists are weak, he hasn't knocked anyone out in ages.

Bobnob

Conor has never been knocked out before and Floyd's fists are weak, he hasn't knocked anyone out in ages.
But floyd as also faced world class opponents that wont easily fall for floyds traps so easily.
Id say McGregor is alot likely to walk onto somthing than is last 49 opponents.

sam777

Lmao was he fuck. He just wasn't use to how the press conference was going to work he thought it would be more back and forth between the fighters like they do in MMA PC's. Also they cut his mic when he wanted to respond to Floyd.

I actually enjoyed the conference and I'm surprised how well Mayweather did up there.
Hope they get a proper Q&A going in one of the other shows.

jett

D-Member

Conor talking about his baby is weak? What about Floyd literally and seriously thanking Conor and his team for the match in the middle of his supposed trash talking? lol

Conor has also never fought a pro boxer.

Yeah Conor is the one with a huge disadvantage here.

I do have my doubts about Conor getting knocked out, but we'll see. My prediction is a 12-round borefest with Floyd cruising his way to winning on points.

Chumley

Banned

Revisionist bullshit. They didn't tell Conor he'd be giving a speech, he had to improvise on the fly.

The Conor hate here is so desperate. At least tell the truth.

Tekniqs

He used 8 against Pacquiao and Berto. It's usually 10 above 147 but compromises can be made.

He opened his mouth so I'm hoping they actually do that. lol
Also 8oz against DLH and DLH made him wear Clito Reyes rather than his usual Grants (IIRC)

This was weak because Conor can't really go to his "this is your biggest payday", "you're lucky I chose you", "bring out the red panties we're rich baby" gold mine against Floyd. Everything Conor boasts about Floyd already did it last decade.

I wish people wouldn't fall for this shit.

But looking at this thread, people clearly are.

GGG Vs. Canelo and Jones Vs Cormier are the fights that matter.

Top Bottom