• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lernaean

Banned
Oh, I see. Outer 'Gram is pure madness, after my test tomorrow, I'll join in the fun. Lol

Madness? You haven't seen nothing.
Last night the commies took over gram. Eveything was filled with Chinese text and cultural revolution posters.
An attempt to send certain members to a gulag was averted the last minute.

brau

Last night the commies took over gram. Eveything was filled with Chinese text and cultural revolution posters.

that was just weird.

also i had the strangest dream las night. I'll type it up as soon as i get to work. But Kojima was in it. wth? haha

brau

So my dream... what a weird one.

I was on this cliff that went down to this museum. I wanted for some reason to get away, so i went down these steps on the cliff that lead to the side of the museum. The whole place was littered with people that seemed to be there for some kind of gathering... maybe a convention. I didn't mind them, so i just wanted to get away. Got into the side of the building and reached up to a ledge that got me to some kind of catwalks inside the museum. This place was pretty neat, it was all surrounded by windows with golden displays of different art pieces.

Anyways... as i kept moving i noticed a guard, and it was George Takai. He was moving under, and for some reason the catwalk i stopped at, kept lowering and lowering. Decided to wait until he moved past, go down and make for the doors that were on one of the sides of the building. Did that, and as soon as i go through the door Kojima is on the other side, and he is consulting with some guards about something. They surprise me, and they are surprised but they don't think i am out of place so Kojima is super nice and starts to talk to me. I tell him its a wonderful exhibit and that i think he did the right thing becoming a curator. He looked kinda sad at this and said it was a difficult decision after TPP and Konami going down in flames. But he said he has more time and he is a lot friendlies and happy. He actually looked happy. Its here that i just suggested, if i could get an autograph, for old times sake. He was happy to, as he is signing and asking who to make it to, George Takei comes back and starts letting people from the outside in, so its starting to get pretty busy. Kojima kept the autograph and said that my bag was on the other side of the building, and that i should go get it. He would send someone with a gift basket of goodies.

He left in a hurry as people were starting to crowd, so i went looking for my bag. Until i realized Kojima never gave me the autograph! got to the bag, and some rep came with a box that had the most random swag ever. There was this pearl necklace with japanese symbols carved into them, it was really ugly. There was a booklet that read the curator life, by Kojima. There was a lot of fluffy paper in it. But no figurines or cool posters or anything. I was pretty dissapointed, so i decided to go and try to find Kojima to ask him for my autograph. At least that would make it worth it.

Trying to go through the doors some bouncers said i could not pass. I explained Kojima had my autograph but they would not hear it. I did notice that on the back of their ears they had this print tattoo that said KONAMI. I understood then that Kojima was still a pawn working as a curator for Konami. He never could leave and it was all a setup from Konami. I pushed the bouncers and run passed them through the doors looking for Kojima. For some reason people around started to scream and cry.

and thats when i woke up.

HOLY COW whats with that dream?

KOJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMA!!! where is my autograph????

I think i need help. Who dreams this kind of stuff?

brau

That's not a dream, it's a creepypasta...

I swear.. i didn't make this up. I actually dreamed this. Woke up really concerned about my sanity. Who dreams about Kojimas future? i think i have issues.

The thing is... everything in the museum was gold but really... it wasn't art. More like those junky weldings that people try to sell as art. Coated in gold. So everything glistened with the light from the windows. It was kind of peaceful and surreal. but the more i think about it, the more fake it seemed.

Wow... i am glad i talked about this. Feel much better.

Lernaean

Banned
I swear.. i didn't make this up. I actually dreamed this. Woke up really concerned about my sanity. Who dreams about Kojimas future? i think i have issues.

I didn't imply you made it up, i just confirmed that you are abnormal. Seek help soon.

<3 Brauther.

Mexen

I know. :( Someone hold me.

*brohug*

df1.jpg

I once shared a dream where I controlled Gray Fox in TPP. Totally surreal.

Akiller

Yep... we still need to decide on a title, here are the ones I got so far

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The best is yet to come
Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| You see this? Our new home.
Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| What a mess we made, when it all went wrong
Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| 3 OTs in and everyone is losing their head!

Bonus title
Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| God bless the Whopper

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3|
There was Konami here. It's nuclear now.

So big props to whomever posted that one drive.live link to all of shinkawa's art. Been like a kid in a candy store looking through all his work. Few things:

- with some characters, not all, it seems that kojima goes with more simplistic designs, not from a technical standpoint but from a "less is more" temperament that many creators exude. I've worked with many musicians and in essence its the same idea.

- the mgs4 concept art of REX. The right leg reveals that there is a framework under a layer of armore plating that is akin to Zeke's design in PW. So there's some form of continuity in terms of era's of design in metal gears universe.

- if there was an iota of hope that Zoe 3 would've been picked up in the future, then that hope has been obliterated what with konami seemingly dissolving their AAA division. Which sucks because I'd have loved to have seen shinkawa try his hand at fantasy oriented designs as opposed to sci-fi given the enders project concept art. And in the fox engine no less. This also means, however, that there is less likely of a chance of Rising 2. Which is fine by me. Hated seeing shinkawa's designs tarnished by platinums after capcom engine. I'm sure Hideki Kamiya's time is occupied enough dressing his wife up as bayonetta and inviting his friends over to chase her around the house for a spell.

-wanna see shinkawa's try some surrealist shit.

Menthuss

This whole fiasco with Konami and Kojima has got me thinking: Would Konami be able to prevent Kojima from talking about what went on inside Konami by forcing him to sign some sort of contract?

brau

This whole fiasco with Konami and Kojima has got me thinking: Would Konami be able to prevent Kojima from talking about what went on inside Konami by forcing him to sign some sort of contract?

With people so infused into the company itself, i am pretty sure his contract would have some clauses about NDA. Preventing him from commenting about stuff.

Menthuss

With people so infused into the company itself, i am pretty sure his contract would have some clauses about NDA. Preventing him from commenting about stuff.

Yeah, I figured as much that while Kojima still has that contract running with Konami he can't say shit. What happens after that contract ends though? Is Kojima pretty much free to disclose what happened at that point?

brau

Yeah, I figured as much that while Kojima still has that contract running with Konami he can't say shit. What happens after that contract ends though? Is Kojima pretty much free to disclose what happened at that point?

Those kind of contracts don't end when his contract ends. They might have clauses that say for example, that he can't talk about the company or how they work for the next 10 years. OR as long as Konami stands.

Pretty common for a company to have this to protect themselves.

Menthuss

Those kind of contracts don't end when his contract ends. They might have clauses that say for example, that he can't talk about the company or how they work for the next 10 years. OR as long as Konami stands.

Pretty common for a company to have this to protect themselves.

Makes sense I guess. Here's to hoping some random employee will leak the details then, haha.

brau

Makes sense I guess. Here's to hoping some random employee will leak the details then, haha.

Messing around with this kind of contracts is not something to take lightly. Imagine talking about a company, then they can sue you for dmgs, so in their projection they can try and find a way to justify that they lost that money because you broke your agreement. Things like that. Thin ice territory.

Mexen

goddamnit! I'll be back!

sexyelder

metal-gear-solid-portable-ops-20060509081010580.jpg

Look at dis, since when have we had better textures and deeper gameplay than this!? The story was superbly written, with an emotion level unsurpassed by any Metal Gear to date! Gene is by far the best villain if the series! I bet kojima quite because he couldn't stand someone surpassed him, that HE could never top PO! Thats why he made TPP but it still was nowhere close to the quality and replayability of PO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom