• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

sexyelder

I recommend the deluxe 'Canon Edition' featuring the legendary Portable Ops PSP

Metal-gear-solid-portable-ops-limited-edition-camouflage-color-psp-premium-package.jpg

Rajang

Kojima gone...Portable Ops still not considered canon. I like it.

Koji Pro also had a timeline on the Konami website before MGSV was announced and it had pretty much the same timeline.

The promotional boxes of MGSV in Japan also show the timeline of the Metal Gear saga:

It's also pretty clear that Kojima only considers his games as canon. He recently explained what the Metal Gear saga consists of:

"The games in the series that I personally designed and produced. Metal Gear on the MSX, Metal Gear 2, MGS1,2,3,4 and Peace Walker and now Metal Gear Solid V are what constitute a single Metal Gear saga. With Metal Gear Solid V I'm finally closing the loop on that saga. In that sense this will be the final Metal Gear Solid. Even if the Metal Gear franchise continues, to me this is the last Metal Gear. "

Source

Git gud and learn the controls
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Not a matter of sucking at the controls. Can't/ won't play it out of principle. It was as though tarantino handed the keys to Robert Rodriguez.

Aaaaaaand the soundtrack. Dear cthulu.... I have this theory that before going to the studio, Jamie Christofferson gyrated his genitals around a picture of Maynard James Keenan every morning.

"For you konami" he would whisper "its all for you"

Skullface

Not a matter of sucking at the controls. Can't/ won't play it out of principle. It was as though tarantino handed the keys to Robert Rodriguez.

Aaaaaaand the soundtrack. Dear cthulu.... I have this theory that before going to the studio, Jamie Christofferson gyrated his genitals around a picture of Maynard James Keenan every morning.

Top fucking kek. The soundtrack is awful for the record. I don't know why this of all things gets the praise.

Menthuss

Well, you're entitled to your opini-

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

COKE

Neo Member
Who dreams about Kojimas future?

Until now in my MGS just two characters: Vulcan Raven and Ocelot. Running and hidding like a coward from the first one. Holding the amo for the second. Yeah, look´s like that´s my strongest point in battle. Holding the amo. :(

Once I tried to shoot a gun left in the floor but couldn´t: didn´t know how to remove the safe of the gun.

So sad...

The other day a friend was telling me about his "lucid dreams", sure everybody knows what is it, just in case... "when you basically control the whole experience and decide what happens next"

Guess what my first thought was?

Lucid dreaming...
QUIET.
V2X4CiO.gif

So big props to whomever posted that one drive.live link to all of shinkawa's art.

k7iFlOj.gif

dMUjDuL.gif

Tried to find it but seems like I left my glasses at work.

This whole fiasco with Konami and Kojima has got me thinking: Would Konami be able to prevent Kojima from talking about what went on inside Konami by forcing him to sign some sort of contract?

One way or another, I hope the whole thing leaks. Fully. No censoreship or bullshit. Still can´t understand how stupidly Konami has managed everything.

LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom