• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cipher you still got the diamond skull dawg logo?

Yes.

vgbdu7fi.png

JayEH

Theorized sequence of events:

Game opens with no crash and we get the bloodied face scene. Something else happens between the hospital (maybe they go to France to see Cecil and shit goes down) but whatever it is (it probably happens somewhere in Europe), it kills Chico and Kaz AND Big Boss lose limbs. Morpho takes them Cyprus for some reason. Maybe because it's off the radar and they have connections there.

Boss enters a coma and Kaz starts his new (crippled) life. he eventually starts up Diamond Dogs. Now since Ocelot is a quadruple agent he finds out the XOF knows where Boss is being held and they're trying to take him out. Ocelot recruits Psycho Mantis and try to get to Boss first. Mantis starts sending out illusions everywhere to "help out" Boss. Boss leaves with Ocelot and he begins to heal at new mother base.

In the meantime, Kaz is trying to make a deal with either the Taliban or Russians in Afghanistan. He has bodyguards since he's crippled. Something happens and he''s captured by the Russians. Ocelot finds out and tells Boss.

These are just some vibes I'm getting from trailers with no real proof. So please remember that before you say my theory is dumb. This is just a fun mind experiment.

The problem with that scene being cut to me is that it has no context even when you look at that early build of the footage. I assume most people who believe it was cut assume that scene was supposed to fit before Snake sees Mother Base in flames, right? That in an early build maybe Paz or someone died before they attack or maybe it was blood from the surgery.

But if you go back and watch the GDC trailer even in that early build, Snake does not have blood on his face before or during the scenes of the attack. He doesn't have blood on his face in the trailer when Miller slams his fist on the chopper before the infamous "played us like a damn fiddle", which is after the attack meaning he wasn't injured in battle either. It's only in that one scene.

The only thing that connects to it is in the actual game where after Paz
explodes
, you see Snake's face get injured and then that transitions into the menu screen when it's daylight and you see he had the same blood all over his face. Which is after the "crash".

I'm not saying i'm absolutely certain it wasn't cut by any stretch, I'm just saying i'd at least expect to see something different in the old trailer which lines up with his face getting injured if they changed the ending cutscene... but that's the only scene. It doesn't add up to me, and then you've got to explain how they ended up in a cyprus hospital after crashing in the middle of the ocean anyway.

him ending up in cyprus is not relevant though. it's been 9 years. him being moved to cyprus could happen 8.5 years after ground zeroes and it would still make perfect sense.

the mysterious choppers seen in the area that are mentioned at the end of GZ = the rescue choppers.

as for the bloody face explanation. the ending scene of GZ may have been re-written or changed at some point. maybe the original staging of the scene didn't work and they changed it. maybe they didn't like the performance capture they had. they didn't use the bloody snake model because the got rid of whatever scene originally caused him to be bloody pre-crash. i don't think they had kiefer performance captured for GZ. he almost never speaks while the camera is on his face, so the scene in question could simply an early performance capture test, or they were testing hand animated faces or something like that.

i just don't think that kojima is going to use the helicopter crash as a fake-out move. so, what if the choppers don't crash and we get 2 minute scene that results in......what....a real chopper crash? i think the scene being cut is more plausible than there being an extra scene between the end of GZ and the coma wake-up

Just import from america. Since Persona doesn't get any other dub than english anyway.
I actually didn't know the PS4 was region free until right now but I also just learned that Persona 4 Arena was like the only PS3 game that was region locked so it really seems like Atlus hates Europe :(

Don't think, shoot!
and i'll get it done.

So far I'd say Old Big Boss with the white hair and beard, eye patch, tan coat if possible. Maybe a cigar? Or little green berets on the mini koopas?

I'm trying to brainstorm another character besides BB since that's what most people are editting too, but it seems like the most logical. Can you think of anything else?

If you need my icon sans beard I have that still. Also, "Don't think, shoot!" was a line I've never quoted from the series but the exact moment lept to memory even though I haven't played in years.

Rean

so how many characters out there have one eye, a robot hand or both?

so far i can think of:

guts
big boss
Bionic Commando Protagonists (Robot hand)
Raiden I guess
Harime from KLK (One eye)
Sonic (One eye)
This don't count but everyone in Star Fox has robot legs

brau

So far I'd say Old Big Boss with the white hair and beard, eye patch, tan coat if possible. Maybe a cigar? Or little green berets on the mini koopas?

I'm trying to brainstorm another character besides BB since that's what most people are editting too, but it seems like the most logical. Can you think of anything else?

If you need my icon sans beard I have that still. Also, "Don't think, shoot!" was a line I've never quoted from the series but the exact moment lept to memory even though I haven't played in years.

Its that good of a game. :D

I'll think of something. You'll be proud of me. We shall rejoice!

Bionic Commando Protagonists (Robot hand)
Raiden I guess
Harime from KLK (One eye)
Sonic (One eye)
This don't count but everyone in Star Fox has robot legs

Luke & Anakin Skywalker
Most pirates I've met

Its that good of a game. :D

I'll think of something. You'll be proud of me. We shall rejoice!

My comrade. My compatriot. My friend. Rejoice we shall in the blood of our enemies. They will feel our ginger revenge.

Revinger. Gingervenge. 2.

Batzi

Banned
I'm more interested to know why this is happening and who is that prisoner being tortured then executed. Why would Snake go back to Camp Omega? Does it have to do with the prisoner that Skull Face was talking to in the cassette tapes?

mzqqbCF.png

JayEH

I'm more interested to know why this is happening and who is that prisoner being tortured. Why would Snake go back to Camp Omega? Does it have to do with the prisoner that Skull Face was talking to in the cassette tapes?

mzqqbCF.png

It's a scene cut from the game.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

For reals though, didn't Kojima say that the Omega mission is only for people who bought Ground Zeroes. Nothing too important can happen there I think.

sexyelder

The problem with that scene being cut to me is that it has no context even when you look at that early build of the footage. I assume most people who believe it was cut assume that scene was supposed to fit before Snake sees Mother Base in flames, right? That in an early build maybe Paz or someone died before they attack or maybe it was blood from the surgery.

But if you go back and watch the GDC trailer even in that early build, Snake does not have blood on his face before or during the scenes of the attack. He doesn't have blood on his face in the trailer when Miller slams his fist on the chopper before the infamous "played us like a damn fiddle", which is after the attack meaning he wasn't injured in battle either. It's only in that one scene.

The only thing that connects to it is in the actual game where after Paz
explodes
, you see Snake's face get injured and then that transitions into the menu screen when it's daylight and you see he had the same blood all over his face. Which is after the "crash".

I'm not saying i'm absolutely certain it wasn't cut by any stretch, I'm just saying i'd at least expect to see something different in the old trailer which lines up with his face getting injured if they changed the ending cutscene... but that's the only scene. It doesn't add up to me, and then you've got to explain how they ended up in a cyprus hospital after crashing in the middle of the ocean anyway.

Big Boss being in the Cyprus hospital aint that crazy. When he was slipping into a coma the Doctors have American accents meaning it may be somewhere in America. Then after he stabalized Zero probably sent him to a more "secure" location. Also a little theory I have is that Big Boss losing his arm is not a result of what put him in a coma, I bet they were experimenting on him while he was out for the Les Enfants Terribles project and they got to the point where they removed his arm to help create the perfect clone, Solidus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom