• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V announced (PS360, open world)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Hm, what is his hand covering? the real subtitle to MGSV?

BKAalcSCUAECK5M.jpg:large

Jb

Still, I thinks it's a possibility they'll be on stage on May 21st for a demo. KojiPro's reaction to the PS4 stuff hasn't been the warmest.

Still, I thinks it's a possibility they'll be on stage on May 21st for a demo. KojiPro's reaction to the PS4 stuff hasn't been the warmest.

Its weird he has seemed to actively tried to avoid any PS4 related media events thus far even going as far as to have the big MGSV reveal at GDC during the exact same time as Sonys PS4 briefing.

Then again dude was having dinner with Cerny a month or two ago so things could go ether way.

Its Kojima just being Kojima.

If I had to guess I would say MGSV shows up at one of the MS shows. Rising was gonna be pushed as a xbox thing before it got canned / resurrected so maybe MS gets the marketing deal again.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Neither was his reaction to PS3. That's how they ate.
Same with the PS2 as well. He just gets annoyed when Sony keeps secrets from him since Cerny wouldn't tell him everything in development. KojiPro seems pretty committed to multiplat development right now so I'm doubting my original prediction of MGSV having a next gen exclusive PS4 version(still on 360/Ps3) but the sales of the series are so lopsided for Sony platforms that there's no way Konami can afford to abandon the.

Jb

Honestly I just want them to announce a next gen version ASAP, I'd prefer it to also come out on PS4 since I've played every MGS on a Dualshock but if it's Durango only that's a also fine.

At this point I'm just worried MGS5 will be PS360 only, and considering how early in the marketing schedule the game is, I don't see it coming out before late 2014.

Salaadin

Id be very surprised if theres a next gen Durango only MGS5 but stranger things have happened so who the hell know.
I do agree that they need to announce it asap. Hoping that Kojima drops the bomb at someones press conference.

RPGCrazied

This is the only military style franchise I can play and enjoy. I don't know what it is about Metal Gear that I like. Its more fantasy/scifi military to me. Anyways, I just ordered the legacy collection to get ready for this game.

Gun Animal

I wouldn't bet on it, at least not immediately. How long was the wait between Sons of Liberty and Substance, or Snake Eater and Subsistence? I could see MGSV getting a directors cut on next-gen platforms, which I'd be more than willing to double-dip for. Don't think it's gonna get a simultaneous release like ACIV/Watchdogs though.

edit: like a year and a half between snake eater and subsistence. Yeah, I could see that happening again.

MGS V is coming to next gen too right?

i would bet on it. that gameplay demo looked so goddamn good running on PC, there's no way they'd have presented the game that way unless it was also coming to next-gen consoles. PS3/360 have no chance to reach that level of visual quality.

Gun Animal

PS3/360 have no chance to reach that level of visual quality.

compare snake eater to any other PS2 game. compare the graphical leap from MGS2 to MGS3, then extrapolate that from MGS4 to MGS5.

It didn't happen for MGS4, even though this time is different, with new consoles coming in few months... who knows?

MGS4 was a disaster and I'm glad I wasn't forced to buy it twice. It did get some hefty multi-player expansions, though.

Top Bottom