• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Res Confirmed: Sub-720p (PS3/360), 720p (XB1), 1080p (PS4)

I dont know why MisterXmedia hasn´t made an insightfull blogpost about this yet...honor among japanese gamedevs and stuff :>

He put something up there about Kojima saying that he had to support the inferior Japanese technology because the PS2 made him rich. His site is just hilarious.

Sit closer to the post.
iI5MqCYlokwKg.gif

Grinchy

Banned
How can it be good when Xbox One has more limitations than the PS4? It's not like the PS3 which could have been utilized more efficiently the further along the generation advanced. It had a different architecture, in some parts weaker and stronger. The Xbox One is overall worse. How are you expecting it to be an awesome system as a result? If by awesome you mean with software releases, then I'll be inclined to agree there. But nothing more.

I was certainly not suggesting that the hardware would magically change. MS will go into panic mode and they will be forced to change things in ways we haven't thought of yet. Things like what the OS can do, or changes to the software lineup that wouldn't have come about without the panic.

If you talked to Sony before last generation started, they would not have known what kinds of crazy changes they would have made by the end of the generation. Most of the awesome stuff like PS+ came about out of necessity. I expect something similar from MS. They will make some cool changes out of necessity that we can't quite predict right now.

I expected 900p for the Xbone; 720p on a cross gen game is just hard to fathom in the year 2014. There is basically a generational difference between the Xbone and PS4 versions. MS has truly lost their way.

jester_

Xbox One Stacked GPU proof
1. Did Mistercteam found the stacked die on Xbox One SOC image?(stacking proof #1)
2. Insider Daily. Driver update will bring more than 50% power. More multiple SOC evidences received (stacking proof #2).
Misterx: Sonys insider Thuway said the gap will only widen beetwin Xbox One and PS4. But it is closing. Another proof Thyway misslead everyone and could not be trusted. New update will bring not 8% of increase as he said but much more. No software optimisation could do that 50% jump. Only new hardware use.
Thats-Gold-Jerry-Gold-Kenny-Bania-Seinfeld-Quote.gif

Do you think Microsoft knew of these differences when they put Kojima on stage at E3?

Why would that change things? It gives the illusion that Xbox One has more support. It also made people think it would have the superior version or aT worst parity. It also shows the they have support from a Japanese studio.

If anything, knowing might have given them more reason to do so.

I'd say it's highly suspect. Even Forza clearly took a downgrade. It was obviously running on some form of PC hardware. Sony took flak for not showing as much PS4 footage at e3 but I think in reality they were further along at the time.

Forza stands out as a remarkable downgrade from the early 'demos' we saw of XB1 games.

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of this in general.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Omg this killed me.
I cannot believe that Microsoft had the audacity to create such an achievement.

They changed it. It now reads something like "Be the first one to experience a new generation." (paraphrased)

I fully expect 100-page threads for both of those games with massive bannings and meltdowns everywhere.

Also expect GAF to go down.

Nah, the drama is slowly fading already. People are moving on.

Top Bottom