• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Res Confirmed: Sub-720p (PS3/360), 720p (XB1), 1080p (PS4)

RE_Player

I simply cant wait for similar threads for Destiny/Witcher 3. People will loose their fucking minds no matter what happens.
The Destiny thread will be insane. Even though Sony has lined up exclusive content Bungie in a lot of people's minds are still the famous Xbox devs behind Halo. I expect people will lose their shit when PS4 outperforms Xbox One.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com...olid_v_ground_zeroes_current_gen_next/cfhcg2b

sony4life is being a Microsoft apologist, while XboxWigger is championing the PS4.

TheTwilightZoneLogo.png

r/xboxone is almost scary, I've seen some crazy people (or really good trolls) there.

DieH@rd

Banned
Few mins of work :)
mgs-gz11121ecv.gif

I wanted to put pixelated scene from GZ trailer at the end, but I dont have good software for that

JoeFenix

The fact that Kojima is openly trolling the Bone version says a lot...

This isn't a legit interview, read some of the content on that blog, it's all a joke.

Ueda interview about The Last Guardian where he confirms the game is being rebooted by Ninja Theory? Sounds legit!

Is that blog legit? It has an interview with Ueda from December 2013 and he says Ninja Theory has taken over for The Last Guardian. Was that announced? I must have missed it lol

They changed it. It now reads something like "Be the first one to experience a new generation." (paraphrased)

Nah, the drama is slowly fading already. People are moving on.

While true, I think those games, especially Destiny, will cause more stir than usual, assuming there are major differences.

Never forget:

3G50mKZ.png

Ah yes, I remember that. I was legitimately surprised before we found out it was a mistake/misinformation.

Hahahaha good old Major Nelson, he never fails to make me laugh! Is he on these forums?

Not anymore I don't think, but Penello is back apparently. Doubt he'll be venturing into these kinds of threads anymore though.

Iacobellis

While true, I think those games, especially Destiny, will cause more stir than usual, assuming there are major differences.

Ah yes, I remember that. I was legitimately surprised before we found out it was a mistake/misinformation.

Destiny is guaranteed to be superior on the PS4. Not even just the visual differences, but whatever else we will be getting out of the money Sony has thrown to Activision/Bungie.

big discussion aside, loved the way the ps4 version looks. Shame i wont be able to get one for some time, and my ps3 broke, so i'll have to ask a friend to lend me one.

So I haven't followed the whole thread, but if I'm understanding the chart.....

The PS3/X360 versions will be sub-720p, with the console scaling that to 720p and outputting at that resolution, and then your TV scales up again as necessary?

The X1 version is rendering at 720p, and then the internal scaler scales that to 1080p, because why wouldn't they use the dedicated scaler that all games use, that's just silly.

The PS4 version renders and displays at 1080p.

Yes? The only thing I'm confused about is what resolution the video signal is OUT of the PS3/X360. I'm guessing 720p, since that's what the chart implies.

rvy

Banned
hmmmmm I swear Metal Gear Solid 4 looks better than this ? ( PS3 version)

You swear that your experience playing through MGS 4 looks better than a screenshot of GZ or that MGS 4 looks better than GZ?

Opinions and all and I won't touch that, but I will just say Metal Gear Solid 4 is not open world.

In all fairness, neither is GZ :p

Areas are probably larger though.

Mackins

He, same with Penello, were here prior to launch to negate the qualm that surrounded the console. It certainly didn't work.

Not anymore I don't think, but Penello is back apparently. Doubt he'll be venturing into these kinds of threads anymore though.

I think they'd both be nuts to show their faces round here after all the pre-launch lies they were spouting. I'd love it if they popped up in one of the threads though, they'd be throwing themselves to the wolves. It would be epic! :)

Hubble

Microsoft rushed the Xbox One to compete with PS4 and rumors have been out for sometime that the console was behind in dev kits, hardware, etc signaling they were not ready. I admit I did not believe these rumors but it was obviously true. Games like Titanfall, which have been exclusive since its inception could not even get the game to 1080p with Xbox One dev kits, which were available to them on day one. Microsoft felt the pressure with the PS4 and launched with their pants down. What they should have done was build better hardware, and launch sometime now or in early 2014 when they were ready with new year hype. I admit this is really disappointing as someone who loved the 360. This is just extremely disappointing. No one wants to buy a weaker console.

Tabular

Banned

I doubt it. I'd say the PS3 version of V is a marvel for the platform personally. The same thing happens between every gen. The best examples of the old platform are impressive compared to where they were a few years earlier... until you compare them to the new gen ports.

Edit: Keep in mind it's a cropped image.

injurai

Banned

MGS4 was 1080p on a proprietary engine for the cell processor.

This is the Fox Engine primarily designed for next-gen and x86 architecture that has been ported to make calls on cell and powerpc.

So I wouldn't be surprised if certain strengths of the MGS4 rendering engine are lost.

Top Bottom