• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Xbox One leading sales in US since price cut, nearly 10 million sold-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayu26

idGVWxs.png

Nelson pls.

I want to punch this twitter post...

shandy706

Their US sales did not triple in 2 weeks. It tripled the previous week's sales. It's incredibly misleading.

You do realize that the amount of text in a tweet is limited right?

Also...see that green color on those "numbers/letters"?

That's called a link. When clicking on it, it takes you to a web page..which clearly explains it in detail.

I guess some PR is better than no PR. I can't quite tell if I think this is preemptive PR for tomorrow's October NPD release wherein which XB1 will most certainly be 2nd again. November NPD MS PR should be insightful I think.

Almost 10M shipped is interesting I suppose

What am I missing from the Major Nelson tweet? What is wrong with it?

It reads like Nelson is stating XB1 has sold 10M consoles in the US when they most certainly haven't [no one is even at half that yet]

Alchemy

Sold-in still count as sales, do they not?

The retailers purchased them.

So that tweet is accurate.

Usually retailers also have deals on being able to return unsold stock, so there is no guarantee on those turning into actual sales in the future.

This definitely indicates that Sony won October then. Looks like Microsoft has November so far though. Wonder how well that GTA/TLOU bundle will do?

Ushay

Regardless of what the sales actually are, the updates and support through games has been terrific. I'm pleased with the console. Realy excited for Playstation next year too.

LOL this is awesome, sonys domination meant NPD's have been a little boring.

Now we get the spinmasters in yusuf and Nelson crawling out of their holes for the first time since last December...its's going to look embarassing now if sony take november.

And even if sony lose november, they'll come out at the sony event the week before microsofts NPD's and announce something silly like 15 million sold through.

sikkinixx

You mean dropping your one year old console down to price levels your previous console didn't (save the gimped Arcade models) for several more years AND throwing it AAA games or two AND gift cards from retailers is moving units? Colour me surprised.

By next Christmas it'll be free with the purchase of of Windows 10.

It tripled in sales over the previous week, but sold about 4 million? What?

Ed: Ah, Sold-in. Although with the rather indirect wording of this statement, does this mean they lost NPD again?

Yeah, they are getting right out in front of the NPD numbers that will be shared tomorrow. Sony will win October, and this will be MSs PR, they probably will not comment tomorrow after this statement was released today.

However, MS will win November and they will have a fresh new statement at the end of the Month.

B.O.O.M

Here's the ps4 section.

And another like shelf with the "Military Bundle" comes with 3 games (albiet mostly indies i.e. Contrast)

Cheers! That looks...much smaller in comparison. Is Hawaii the new New Zealand!?

Yea Sony is fucked at the $399 price point.

Especially when swamped with XB1 bundles at all sides.

I figure November and December are a lost cause for the PS4 at this point.

lol you really think so? How fked are we talking about here? I mean being outsold by what kind of margin?

Because let's say hypothetically MS wins Nov/Dec NPDs. They have absolutely no chance in hell anywhere else other than maybe UK to win those months outside of US. And unless they win by a sizable margin and is able to use that momentum going into next year, it would be nothing but a PR win where they had to resort to a price cut plus a ton of crazy discounts/bundles just to achieve that.

Rurunaki

NEX/CEX (or whatever the Army one is) always tend to stuff consoles. Hell, the one in Virginia Beach used to have a ton of Vitas at a time for the longest time. Heck, it still had a ton of PSPgos (and you're damn right I bought one when they cleared it for $40) a year after Vita came out.

I'm unsurprised that there's a ton of them.

Yeah, but still counted as "sold in" though.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
You do realize that the amount of text in a tweet is limited right?

Also...see that green color on those "numbers/letters"?

That's called a link. When clicking on it, it takes you to a web page..which clearly explains it in detail.
The title of this thread is also limited in characters.

NolbertoS

MS PR vs GAF PR facts. I think GAF would make a better case. If you're gonna PR, might as well hire that Iraqi Propaganda minister. He did a good job of spinning. If you typically release PR before NPD, 9/10 times its damage control, still MS will keep on "wasting" errr mean "investing" money in the Xbox One brand for 1st place in the US. Wish I had money to burn

Robcat

Banned
I was just at my local best buy in the Toronto area and there were only a couple of Xbox ones left and halo was sold out. There were stacks of ps4's but I don't know if maybe they just got them in.

orochi91

Cheers! That looks...much smaller in comparison. Is Hawaii the new New Zealand!?

lol you really think so? How fked are we talking about here? I mean being outsold by what kind of margin?

Because let's say hypothetically MS wins Nov/Dec NPDs. They have absolutely no chance in hell anywhere else other than maybe UK to win those months outside of US. And unless they win by a sizable margin and is able to use that momentum going into next year, it would be nothing but a PR win where they had to resort to a price cut plus a ton of crazy discounts/bundles just to achieve that.

I should have clarified.

I'm talking about US.

WW Sony have got this gen on lockdown, I agree with you on that.

US is up in the air because MS has been going all out, prepping for Nov./Dec.

Microsoft PR day before NPDs + no figures + referred only to shipped = PS4 won October NPD. I'll be genuinely surprised if Microsoft won October, they would have kept the PR back until then if they did win.

Welfare

Staying by my assumption that the One was at 7.5 million shipped last Q. Just to make the numbers they had to of shipped in October just a tiny bit smaller.

orochi91

Microsoft PR day before NPDs + no figures + referred only to shipped = PS4 won October NPD. I'll be genuinely surprised if Microsoft won October, they would have kept the PR back until then if they did win.

Without a doubt.

October doesn't mean much though, since November and December are usually the most important months.

Somnia

I was just at my local best buy in the Toronto area and there were only a couple of Xbox ones left and halo was sold out. There were stacks of ps4's but I don't know if maybe they just got them in.

Not possible man, GAF has made it obvious XB1 can't sell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom