• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

antitrop

Be that surprise AAA game that becomes a GOTY contender like Wolfie.

I love emergent shit, this could beat Far Cry 4 in that aspect. Don't let me down, Hell Hawk!

Everything is a GOTY contender in 2014. It's the Wild Card year.

pKiYbV1.gif

Kvik

Loved the OT, totally hyped for the game! Between Destiny, Wasteland 2 and this one, I'll have my weekends sorted! :)

GJ on the OT.

aragorn-speech-return-king.jpg

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.

A day may come when the genius of Monolith fails, when we forsake our ports and break all bonds of compatibility, but it is not this day.

This day we hype!

By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you 'buy, Men of the GAF!'"

hesido

I think they'll remove head assplodes in Europe. TLoU, I'm looking at you. They should put in a "glitch" in games that turn these stuff on, for poor fellas in Europe because we need them head-asplodes.

GJ on the OT.

aragorn-speech-return-king.jpg

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.

A day may come when the genius of Monolith fails, when we forsake our ports and break all bonds of compatibility, but it is not this day.

This day we hype!

By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you 'buy, Men of the GAF!'"

And my Axe! Wait. Did I do it right?

eizarus

Banned
I was already sold on this, but reading the lore in the OT (great work by the way, I'm way too excited for this now.

My first post on GAF!

I was already sold on this, but reading the lore in the OT (great work by the way, I'm way too excited for this now.

My first post on GAF!
Welcome bud! Stay outta Off topic side for a while and you'll do fine here.

I myself have been catching up on lore in anticipation and couldn't be more excited. It seems such a no-brainer that a game like this should have already taken place and it looks so damn good.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
One thing I'd like to see explained by LotR-lore experts;
I see Uruks in the game, I thought they were created by Sauruman during the timespan between the start of Frodo's travels and Sauruman's demise at the hands of the Ents. Or did Sauruman and Sauron's alliance start much earlier and did they start their Uruk-production earlier in secrecy?

Suzzopher

I see Uruks in the game, I thought they were created by Sauruman during the timespan between the start of Frodo's travels and Sauruman's demise at the hands of the Ents. Or did Sauruman and Sauron's alliance start much earlier and did they start their Uruk-production earlier in secrecy?

Sauron bred them first, but then Sauruman bred his own.

Facism

I really want to get on this but my pc specs fail me. I meet the recommended requirements om everything but cpu, which doesn't even meet the minimum lol. Only 3.1ghz.

This looks so damn good. A month ago, I hadn't seen much of the game and I didn't care about it at all. Now after watching various videos since then, I cannot wait for it to come out. It looks so fun. Gonna go pre-order it today to get the bonus stuff.

Rootbeer

Banned
PC version is so cheap I really want to go that way, but my PC barely tops the minimum, except ram and GPU where it is in between minimum and recommended. I'm not sure I want to risk it.

BouncyFrag

I've been able to ignore almost everything about this game other than looking for impressions of the game's quality. I'm a big LOTR fan and have read everything from the Silmirillion through to the Return of the King and beyond many times over and can't wait to find out what the devs put in from all of this source material. In terms of the games faithfulness to the books, I won't get bent out of shape if things get changed. If it can capture the vibe and spirit of Middle Earth as well as the LoTR movies did, I'll be grinning for months.

Really really hoping this game turned out well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it reviews well across the board, because I want to play it asap. And I want to see it succeed. It has such cool ideas, and the fact that it's heavily systemic instead of scripted and railroaded like a lot of AAA games is pretty exciting.

eizarus

Banned
Welcome bud! Stay outta Off topic side for a while and you'll do fine here.

I myself have been catching up on lore in anticipation and couldn't be more excited. It seems such a no-brainer that a game like this should have already taken place and it looks so damn good.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind Lol.

I'm hoping that if this does well, we can get a wider variety of stories in the Middle-Earth series. I think it would be great to play as one of the Maiar, or even Sauron when he was under Morgoth's command. It would be a nice change of pace to play as someone on the bad side, especially in a LotR game (though apparently Tolkien's heirs still hold the rights to The Silmarilion).

Rootbeer

Banned
It already is lol, from 2.8ghz. Can't get I higher without runtime issues. The joys of a 7 year old system that carried me through the gen no sweat.

Mine is about 6 years... i've upgraded the sound card and GPU once since building it. Man, time flies... it was a beast in its day :(

Building a new one in early 2015, just waiting on the next CPU refreshes which, admittedly, will probably have marginal gains but whatever. Time to save more.

But hey, this latest nvidia refresh saw some being more impressed than they were expecting. So maybe intel can knock it out of the park.

'Uruk' is just the black speech word for Orc/Goblin, the elite ones used by Sauron are called 'Black Uruks'. When Saruman later bred more of these big dudes, they were known as 'Uruk-hai'.

Yoday

I've been able to ignore almost everything about this game other than looking for impressions of the game's quality. I'm a big LOTR fan and have read everything from the Silmirillion through to the Return of the King and beyond many times over and can't wait to find out what the devs put in from all of this source material. In terms of the games faithfulness to the books, I won't get bent out of shape if things get changed. If it can capture the vibe and spirit of Middle Earth as well as the LoTR movies did, I'll be grinning for months.
That is a great way to go about it. Lore experts that get mad about this stuff are taking it way to seriously. You can appreciate and celebrate a fictional universe and still have fun with something that may take liberties with it as long as it respects the source material. The movies take nothing away from the books, and neither will any game.

Top Bottom