• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Midori: More PlayStation Studios Titles are being revealed at Summer Game Fest

feynoob

Gold Member
More PC ports are welcome
Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

Huh? Why the Fuck would Sony reveal their shit on a 3rd party broadcast/event?
Maybe because people that watch their State of Plays already have their own platforms and Summer Games Fest is for everyone.
The goal is to be everywhere and have media talking about you multiple times. Spreading announcements has been a thing for like 7 years. Having all announcements at a show and then go quiet for 6 months doesn't happen anymore.

SNG32

Hopefully they are PC ports like
Gran Turismo 7,
Gravity Rush 2 remaster
Demon Souls
Last of us Part 2

I can’t see it being a big exclusive I’m sure Sony what’s to save those for their own conference or what ever it is they decide to do.

StereoVsn

Hopefully they are PC ports like
Gran Turismo 7,
Gravity Rush 2 remaster
Demon Souls
Last of us Part 2

I can’t see it being a big exclusive I’m sure Sony what’s to save those for their own conference or what ever it is they decide to do.
I would love GT7 on PC. VR support would be cherry on top.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Sony doesn't have a Holiday game. I thought it would be Astrobot, but that is releasing September. Lego Horizon makes sense
Although there have been exceptions like Death Stranding and Ragnarok, Sony doesn't usually release many games during the Holiday season.

They avoid that period due to big third-parties like Call of Duty potentially cannibalizing their game sales.

Although there have been exceptions like Death Stranding and Ragnarok, Sony doesn't usually release many games during the Holiday season.

They avoid that period due to big third-parties like Call of Duty potentially cannibalizing their game sales.
Yeah, It is just not a good look with a new console they are trying to sell. Probably a good year to skip tho with COD, AC, and Dragon Age all probably releasing between OCT/November

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Yeah, It is just not a good look with a new console they are trying to sell. Probably a good year to skip tho with COD, AC, and Dragon Age all probably releasing between OCT/November
I think it's just smart to avoid that busy period, unless you have a huge game that people will absolutely buy.

Even then, it's not very smart to release in a crowded schedule because Sony earns a lot of money even if people buy COD over a 1P title. They'd be cannibalizing their revenue either way.

Better to space out. We've seen too many good games fail because they were released too close to another banger and/or in a crowded season.

nial

Gold Member
Midori is also a SIE leaker now, huh, she's not stopping anytime soon.
Gravity Daze 2 remaster 99.99% exists, so I see that and LEGO Horizon showing up there.
But we need a new My Summer Vacation game, pleaseeeee Sony, it's Summer Game Fest after all!

begotten

No idea what else would be there aside from Lego Horizon. Are Sony actually going to put more stock into this event?

nial

Gold Member
They always attempt to, though.
Remember when Gran Turismo Sport (released in holiday 2017, btw), Gravity Daze 2 AND Horizon Zero Dawn were all scheduled for holiday 2016, ALONG with The Last Guardian which was released in December (plus all those PSVR games), before they were delayed?
Same thing happened with Uncharted 4 and Ratchet & Clank in 2015, Days Gone in 2018 (which did have Astro Bot Rescue Mission and Déraciné), and Horizon Forbidden West in 2021.

TheTony316

I could see this happen. SGF is a much bigger stage and Sony did it before with Death Stranding 2, FF7 Rebirth and Spiderman 2 (revealing the release date and showing the box art)

Top Bottom