• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Game Fest returns on June 7th

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I missed the whole thing. Was there anything notable at all? (Is it still going?)

Draugoth

Gold Member
I missed the whole thing. Was there anything notable at all? (Is it still going?)

Phantom Blade 0
Monster Hunter Wilds
Lego Horizons
Alan Wake 2 DLC
Valorant for Consoles
Skate 4 Beta Test
Sonic x Shadow Generations
Kingdom Come Deliverance 2
Black Myth Wukong
New Metaphor Trailer
Dragon Ball Sparkign Zero
Street Fighter Year 2 Season Pass

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Phantom Blade 0
Monster Hunter Wilds
Lego Horizons
Alan Wake 2 DLC
Valorant for Consoles
Skate 4 Beta Test
Sonic x Shadow Generations
Kingdom Come Deliverance 2
New Metaphor Trailer
Dragon Ball Sparkign Zero
Street Fighter Year 2 Season Pass
Damn, it really does sound like the show was ass. We knew all of that stuff already, right?

The Dorito Pope seemed desperate, like he was begging people to like what they were showing. People weren't clapping much either. Just felt like a dud...

RSLAEV

I want that version of Where is My Mind that played over the New World Trailer. I didn't think the show was that bad but I watched it after the fact and skipped through 75% of it. I'm gonna check out The First Descendant, it was nice seeing MH Wilds and Metaphor even though we've seen them before, Mecha Break looked interesting. Dark and Darker came out today-a game I don't have an interest in playing but I might catch it on Twitch once and a while. KunitsuGami: Path of the Goddess got a release date. I think Once Human looked interesting, not sure if I'll check it out right away.

Would have been nice to see more of Light No Fire but all in all I don't think it was a horrible show.

Damn - knew when Geoff tried to dampen expectations, it wasn't going to be great, but that's pretty bad for what is supposed to be the new main show. Seems like they need to coordinate this stuff better.

Hudo

Gold Member
I always thought it was 2013 VGX with Joel McHale. But that show was like 3 or 4 hours long with a select number of significant titles. This was just an D-tier indie bananza.
I think even Geoff himself admitted this in an interview at some point that the 2013 VGX show was not good. If I remember correctly this was the main motivation for him to strike out on his own and get full control over these shows.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Ngl, I think Geoff is in on the joke at this point, you can see it in his eyes. He's just rinsing this soulless husk for every penny.
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if you're right. The intro really gave that vibe. There were moments where he really seemed to try hard to be overly enthusiastic about the whole thing.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
cwlsuoo.jpeg

stoned puppet GIF

Last edited:

StueyDuck

So yeah just caught up with it now... and woof.

It really makes modern games situation seem dire if this is the best we've got for a big showcase.

Hopefully MS bring the goods... buuuut yeeeeaaah, we've all sung that song before so I'm not gonna expect too much.

Can we end this crap with CG trailers or cartoon trailers or whatever that isn't the actual game. It's makes these shows so much worse. If you can't show the game yet then don't and wait till you can

FeralEcho

I think even Geoff himself admitted this in an interview at some point that the 2013 VGX show was not good. If I remember correctly this was the main motivation for him to strike out on his own and get full control over these shows.
He wanted to show them on his own what a true shitshow looked like.So he made SGF 2024 as a response. 11 years in the making.

Gladiator GIF

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Don't trust your feelings ever again if that was the best they could muster for you for such a show.

Episode 8 Betrayal GIF by MacGruber
I'm sorry but Cuffbust is the most creative game we've seen at any of these showcases in years. Geoff is a true champion of the right gaming values.

Top Bottom