• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mike Pence's Flight to Colts game, to walk out, cost $242,500

shandy706

You read that right, lol.

According to the Air Force, flying a C-32, the model of plane used for Air Force 2, for one hour costs about $30,000. Pence's flight from Las Vegas to Indianapolis Saturday took about three hours and 20 minutes, so it cost about $100,000

Pence then flew from Indianapolis to Los Angeles on Sunday, which took about four hours and 45 minutes, costing about $142,500.

The grand total: about $242,500.

Some costs of the flight into Los Angeles will be reimbursed by the Republican National Committee because Pence is attending a political event there.

If he had flown just from Las Vegas to Los Angeles, a trip lasting about 90 minutes, the cost would have been about $45,000.

A Pence aide said the Indianapolis trip was planned for weeks because former Colts quarterback Peyton Manning was being honored at the game; the Las Vegas leg, however, was put on the schedule in recent days, adding to the total expenditures.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
And it was literally staged with his team telling reporters to get ready for something to happen right?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Has someone done the arithmetic on how he planned on making that meeting in California having sat through a two to three hour game?

And it was literally staged with his team telling reporters to get ready for something to happen right?

Yes, and...

Or asked why the reporters were told to stay on the bus because Pence would be right back?

____

After being put on the spot, you'd think there'd be a media uproar.

But....who are we kidding?

I think they were advised to 'stay outside' of the stadium as to not miss the walkout.

Another day, another scandal.

I'm glad our current administration is more worried about making sure black men don't practice their freedom of speech than making our country ""great again."

Pagusas

Elden Member
How much fluff is in that flight cost?

e0zQ7RP_d.jpg

Ozigizo

A quarter of a million dollars, wasted to do a political stunt, and used to fundraise for Trump. Remember that fundraiser email that went out late September?

HeySeuss

So that's just for the plane costs. How much added for secret service and his security detail having to sweep the building beforehand?

I am becoming dumber every day trying to keep up with the level of sheer idiocy required to keep up with the culture war the GOP and their base play to

Can we find a way to impeach the entire Republican party at this point? Getting rid of Trump isn't nowhere near enough.

RDreamer

That price isn't even taking into account the cost and time for secret service and local police. That plus the hassle everyone in Indianapolis had to go through with him coming into town.

It's bullshit and I'm honestly beyond pissed off at it.

It's especially brazen considering the what... 4 or 5 cabinet members in hot water for massive flight costs.

Sophia

This man spent more on a single fight to make a petty and selfish protest, then most of us make in multiple years.

Think about that.

Messed up.

He should be, he was our governor (Indiana) for what feels like forever.
Just when you thought those four years was long, Trump says hold my beer.

As a Hoosier, I say this with foresight and knowledge: Mike Pence is appropriately the VP to the worst president of all time because he’s absolutely terrible. I was happy he went to be VP because we can get someone who gives a shit in our statehouse instead of a purely political monster, but then this happened.

RDreamer

This man spent more on a single fight to make a petty and selfish protest, then most of us make in multiple years.

Think about that.

Messed up.

Five times the median US salary.

Five times.

A quarter of a million dollars.

To misrepresent the protests of black citizens exercising their freedom of speech to try and make this country better.

Think about that.

Messed up.

Vice Presidential salary is $192,600, btw.

So it's his yearly salary + $50,000.

He can pay for this little jaunt out of his own pocket, to start. If not, well, maybe we can just garnish his wages. I hear that's a thing we do here in America for people who don't pay their debts.

Top Bottom