• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mom calls cops on stranger choking her 7yr son, gets arrested (Up: bodycam footage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being a keyboard warrior does not inherently result in you being justified in criticizing the people in the video. Yes, they adopt tactics from white protesters (open carry), but they can't adopt the relative level of safety from police violence if they defy police like a white protester could.

The defiance comes from the end of the barrel. White people arent invulnerable to bullets. The relative safety comes from the fact that everyone would like to go home at the end of the day, and if they knew it's people out there willing to take it there if they wanna take it there, they might not be so willing to take it there.

Knowing "well other cops will kill them if they kill me" isn't much comfort to the cop that wants to see his wife and kids at the end of his shift.

Yes. The point is mass penetration. You keep doing it, you keep letting people see it, until they can't really deny it anymore.

It's been over 60 years. People don't see it because they don't want to in 2017. Making more videos for them to avoid helps no one and is an unnecessary danger.

If you're gonna carry to defend your rights, be prepared to actually defend your rights.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Worse than what?

Please tell me, a black man living in America that has to deal with the fact that I might not make it home whenever I leave my house due to a racist cop that if he kills me won't see the inside of a jail cell doesn't get about this.

Only thing history as taught me is that black people (and people in general) only get the rights they are willing to fight for and defend, else bullies will take everything, including your life, from you.

Forgive me for not having faith in the public or in white people suddenly having a change of heart when they have displayed nothing of the sort because THE. SHIT. KEEPS. HAPPENING.

Also, if you're walking around open carrying to protect your neighborhood from THE POLICE, and then give up your guns to THE POLICE, you're not too good at this protection shit.
I can't tell you because I'm white you can only tell me I haven't lived in your shoes I don't know your individual life stories or the harassment or fears you have because of your race you live with everyday.

But I can tell you from experience of people around me from my side of the racial fence that shit like that just stirs the pot and just cements stereotypes on the ignorant

I really wish the police were actual proper police and not racialy bias as fuck And it sucks ass because it's going to keep happening, slowly less, but regardless it's going to take forever to weed out. But building the shitty stigmas the racist fucks have pushes shit backwards for future generations who come into the picture on both sides of the fence
No they didn't. The main people were his sons, who are currently free along with Papa Bundy, being their free racist selves.
Fuck those people and everyone involved in that shit.

I can't tell you because I'm white you can only tell me I haven't lived in your shoes I don't know your individual life stories or the harassment or fears you have because of your race you live with everyday.

But I can tell you from experience of people around me from my side of the racial fence that shit like that just stirs the pot and just cements stereotypes on the ignorant

I really wish the police were actual proper police and not racialy bias as fuck And it sucks ass because it's going to keep happening, slowly less, but regardless it's going to take forever to weed out. But building the shitty stigmas the racist fucks have pushes shit backwards for future generations who come into the picture on both sides of the fence

So black people should just keep dying at the hands of racist ass police just so white racists don't have their fears validated?

So white feelings > black lives is what you're going with here?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So black people should just keep dying at the hands of racist ass police just so white racists don't have their fears validated?

Don't be an idiot, I said nothing of the sort. Did the cops shoot and kill the people that protested?

If the cop shot at you for no fucking reason fuck it defend yourself

Don't be an idiot

That's literally what you said.

"Black people shouldn't take up arms to defend themselves from racists like white people have taken up arms for the slightest provocation, else white people will be scared and think all the negative things they already think about black people"

Literally put the comfort of white people over the lives of black people.

There's only one idiot here, and it's the person telling me that the continual sacrifice of black lives is a good thing because white people will get less racist as long as we just roll over and die without putting up any fight.

Don't be an idiot, I said nothing of the sort. Did the cops shoot and kill the people that protested?

If the cop shot at you for no fucking reason fuck it defend yourself

1. Don't point a gun at anything you're not prepared to shoot.

It's why pointing a gun at someone is a crime (usually brandishing just for even pulling it out) and in some states you get charged with attempted murder for it if they are feeling froggy.

Pointing a gun at someone is letting them know you intend to shoot them. Period. You're walking around open carrying to protect your community from the police and they run up pointing guns and you drop yours, you lost. Period.

Shabutaro

1. Don't point a gun at anything you're not prepared to shoot.

It's why pointing a gun at someone is a crime (usually brandishing just for even pulling it out) and in some states you get charged with attempted murder for it if they are feeling froggy.

Pointing a gun at someone is letting them know you intend to shoot them. Period. You're walking around open carrying to protect your community from the police and they run up pointing guns and you drop yours, you lost. Period.

I don't think it should have escalated to a fire fight or anything but I agree with the premise that the whole thing was pointless if they were just going to hand all the guns over. The posters saying that they proved some sort of point about racial bias because the cops took their guns when they wouldn't have taken a white person's gun is almost laughable at this point. We have black men and women being arrested or shot for no reason and it's not swaying public opinion. What is a "calm" exchange like this going to prove to America at large?

Time to grow the fuck up and get realistic. It sucks but you gotta just look at reality and follow that train of thought through to its logical conclusion:

Black people are outnumbered.
We control no food production.
We control no railways.
We control no roads.
We control no manufacturing of arms.
We control no manufacturing of ammunition.

In any confrontation like that in any type of scale we lose. Period.

I'm all for personal self defense. I believe that momma should have been armed and if that man would have tried to hurt her or her babies in front of her she should have the right to defend her life and that of her kids.

But just being pissed at the unfair treatment and going out and killing cops in protest will bring about the exact opposite of what you want.

I'm not an advocate of violence as a means of political change because it has 0.0% chance of working and would only bring out revenge killings that would put us at a serious disadvantage. Even worse than now.

And don't get it twisted there are a lot of racist ass white people with a raging hard on for a race war to go "clean house". And even more that as long as they don't directly see it would be fine with letting it happen. Trump got a lot of support. Just sayin...

No sense in picking a fight we can't win. But the incident does show how fucked up and racist the gun laws in America remain.

Ketch

No they didn't. The main people were his sons, who are currently free along with Papa Bundy, being their free racist selves.

As far as I know, the one guy was shot and killed (funicum? Or something like that) the two sons were in jail for most of 2016 and cliven bundy is still in FBI custody.

Not sure where you're getting your information, or how the malheur occupation relates to this thread (besides those dudes probably being racist I guess).

Time to grow the fuck up and get realistic. It sucks but you gotta just look at numbers.

Black people are outnumbered.
We control no food production.
We control no railways.
We control no roads.
We control no manufacturing of arms.
We control no manufacturing of ammunition.

In any confrontation like that in any type of scale we lose. Period.

I'm all for personal self defense. I believe that momma should have been armed and if that man would have tried to hurt her or her babies in front of her she should have the right to defend her life and that of her kids.

But just being pissed at the unfair treatment and going out and killing cops in protest will bring about the exact opposite of what you want.

I'm not an advocate of violence as a means of political change because it has 0.0% chance of working and would only bring out revenge killings that would put us at a serious disadvantage. Even worse than now.

And don't get it twisted there are a lot of racist ass white people with a raging hard on for a race war to go "clean house". And even more that as long as they don't directly see it would be fine with letting it happen. Trump got a lot of support. Just sayin...

No sense in picking a fight we can't win. But the incident does show how fucked up and racist the gun laws in America remain.

I agree 100%. BUT, with that being the case, leave your guns at home. If you don't want those problems, don't send up a clear smoke signal hat you bout that life if you ain't.

In the 70s when they did open carry in California, they absolutely were about that life and it led to quite a few standoffs that ended without violence or their guns being taken away specifically because they pointed their guns right back.

One thing I do disagree with you on is our ability to survive. Most privileged people are mashed potatoes soft at their core when it comes right down to it, but black people have an emotional armor built up from a lifetime of fuckery from having to live in America, and we've survived worse historically.

Also urban warfare is literally the hardest type of warfare to do, and I say that from personal experience. It fucks with your head and makes you paranoid. This country would give in before it tried to actually clean house. It's how we got the civil rights act. Velvet glove, iron fist.

As far as I know, the one guy was shot and killed (funicum? Or something like that) the two sons were in jail for most of 2016 and cliven bundy is still in FBI custody.

Not sure where you're getting your information, or how the malheur occupation relates to this thread (besides those dudes probably being racist I guess).

I thought Cliven got out, released on bail. The sons had their charges dropped (or acquitted, can't remember), so for all their shit they cooled their heels for a few months. Whoopty do.

daffy

Banned
Most bullies are cowards by default. That's why they are bullies and gravitate towards professions that bullies like, and surprise, no one wants to actually get shot. From personal experience, getting shot hurts like hell. 0/10, would not recommend.
Their profession has the support of not only state and local governments, but also white nationalists that would gladly support their government if it meant deading some black people.

Black people have, at best, other black people because you really can't trust white people to stand with you in issues of police violence. Your argument is based on the idea that both sides are weighted evenly. We know that this is not the case. In American society, one blue life does not equal one black life. This is why innocent black people would die if black militias did what you are suggesting.

Their profession has the support of not only state and local governments, but also white nationalists that would gladly support their government if it meant deading some black people.

Black people have, at best, other black people because you really can't trust white people to stand with you in issues of police violence. Your argument is based on the idea that both sides are weighted evenly. We know that this is not the case. In American society, one blue life does not equal one black life. This is why innocent black people would die if black militias did what you are suggesting.

It's actually not predicated on that fact. It's more so based on my military and life experience.

Also, innocent black people are already dying, so that as a "downside" doesn't function as one if that's what the fight is about in the first place.

Ketch

I thought Cliven got out, released on bail. The sons had their charges dropped (or acquitted, can't remember), so for all their shit they cooled their heels for a few months. Whoopty do.

They were found not guilty by a jury I think. Which is fuckin rediculous. So I think the only reason the other guy is still in jail is because the FBI got him, And then the he tried to sue Obama from jail. Which is fuckin hilarious.

They were found not guilty by a jury I think. Which is fuckin rediculous. So I think the only reason the other guy is still in jail is because the FBI got him, And then the he tried to sue Obama from jail. Which is fuckin hilarious.

And yet not the dumbest thing a white person has tried to do to Obama from jail.

alternade

This is heartbreaking. Like I feel the tears coming but nothing but rage is holding them back.

As a black man, i'm finding it really hard to respect or trust any white person at this point. I don't want to feel this way but this past week with Trump shit and now this is just breaking me. White people will never know how this weighs us down emotionally to the breaking point.

daffy

Banned
It's actually not predicated on that fact. It's more so based on my military and life experience.

Also, innocent black people are already dying, so that as a "downside" doesn't function as one if that's what the fight is about in the first place.
True. Clearly you've been through some shit but I still don't see black militias firing back as going off well. But like you said if they're gonna walk around with guns I guess you probably should be prepared to use them.

True. Clearly you've been through some shit but I still don't see black militias firing back as going off well. But like you said if they're gonna walk around with guns I guess you probably should be prepared to use them.

Exactly. They could have held a regular ass BLM protest and the police would have reacted with violence because that's what they do.

But when you bring guns you're signaling that I'm ready to defend my rights with my life and possibly your life if you try to take them. Giving up your guns just like that signaled to those bullies that they can come in that neighborhood and pull anyone's hoe card whenever and no one will hold them accountable. Not the state and certainly not the dudes who will offer their guns on a platter.

It is within her right to press charges. How the hell did this happen?

The assailant took the law into his own hands. He should be arrested for that.

Akainu

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article129224994.html

Bit of an update today.
Charges will be dropped for the mother and daughter. And the neighbor is getting a misdemeanor ticket for the assault. No extra punishment for the officer.

How timely.

Fort Worth's mayor Betsy Price seemed pretty upset and did not agree with the punishment of the officer (I believe in that she means it should have been harsher).

What I thought he wasn't paid?

Just watched the video. Holy shit! Unfortunately the people recruited for police are generally no better than the criminals they are supposed to go after, they just took a slightly different path. Hopefully there will be some justice for the ladies here, but it's unlikely given our current system.

Edit: oh, well I guess it's good charges were dropped for some of them. But this piece of shit should lose his job at a minimum. Police officers should be held to the highest standards, not the lowest.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Just watched the video. Holy shit! Unfortunately the people recruited for police are generally no better than the criminals they are supposed to go after, they just took a slightly different path. Hopefully there will be some justice for the ladies here, but it's unlikely given our current system.

The fact he wasn't actually punished shows how fucked up things are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom