• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

ZeroAKA

Is there a consensus on whether to evolve a monster and then ascend or go directly to ascension yet? Also, if I ascend an already-evolved monster (6-star -> 6 star ascension), will the monster start from level 1 again?

Draxal

Is there a consensus on whether to evolve a monster and then ascend or go directly to ascension yet? Also, if I ascend an already-evolved monster (6-star -> 6 star ascension), will the monster start from level 1 again?

Evolve, ascension for most of these guys are going to be taking a while. And ascending from an evolved from takes a decent amount off the farmable mats needed for the ascension.

For example, Striker -> God Striker requires a 10 luck Slash. Super Striker -> God Striker requires a 6 luck Slash.

Ashodin

Awww yeah evolved him yesterday

NRyWeozl.png

ZeroAKA

Evolve, ascension for most of these guys are going to be taking a while. And ascending from an evolved from takes a decent amount off the farmable mats needed for the ascension.

For example, Striker -> God Striker requires a 10 luck Slash. Super Striker -> God Striker requires a 6 luck Slash.
The main thing is that I don't want to level up the evolved monster from 1 to 99 just to have it reset to 1 again after ascension. Does it work like ultimate evolution in PaD in which you keep your levels after ascending?

Wanchan

The main thing is that I don't want to level up the evolved monster from 1 to 99 just to have it reset to 1 again after ascension. Does it work like ultimate evolution in PaD in which you keep your levels after ascending?

No, monsters do not keep their levels after being ascended, they goes back to level 1.

Vecks

Finally lucked out and got 2 divines today. Can almost evolve my Striker. Got all the items, just need to level him up.

chrono01

From what I've read, getting the Ascension materials to evolve your Unit further is pretty difficult, so you're probably going to want an evolved 6* to help you [and others, if you join co-op]. That's why I evolved my Zeus and hope to hit his 6* level cap today.

At least, when you evolve, your Unit keeps whatever Morling you've fused into it, so feel free to keep feeding them to your main [until the stats caps, at least]. Oh, each evolution has a higher stat cap, so when you evolve/ascend you can add even more to it!

As for pulling, I'm still really debating whether I should/shouldn't. I have my most desired Unit already [Zeus], and managed a Striker [which is something I can work towards ascending] and a few other 5* [such as Wildcat]. I would love a Harley X/Arthur though, but I'm afraid that another Gatcha will appear in a couple weeks with new 5* Units that are amazing, such as those listed in the OP. I'd really prefer not to spend actual money this early in, so I'm kind of hesitant to spend my 75 Orbs on another 10 pull. But then, with the current rate of myself earning Orbs, I could probably spend 50 and gather another 25 before the next Gatcha starts.

GAH! This game has its hooks in me. ;_;

ZeroAKA

No, monsters do not keep their levels after being ascended, they goes back to level 1.
From what I've read, getting the Ascension materials to evolve your Unit further is pretty difficult, so you're probably going to want an evolved 6* to help you [and others, if you join co-op]. That's why I evolved my Zeus and hope to hit his 6* level cap today.
Thanks, I guess I might as well evolve my Zeus. Time to farm catalysts.

Uthred

What are you feeding your Zeus to level that quickly? Cant seem to get my hands on that many light tortoises

chrono01

Thanks, I guess I might as well evolve my Zeus. Time to farm catalysts.
Best of luck to you!

Remember that if you're having difficulty finding a Divine Sharl, you get one as a free reward from a relatively early co-op quest. Thankfully I lucked out and didn't need to wait that long, but if the farming begins to get to you, remember that it's always an option.

What are you feeding your Zeus to level that quickly? Cant seem to get my hands on that many light tortoises
Deluxpie, mostly. They're abundant enough that you don't need to save them purely for Dark attribute Units [although you miss out on the slight increase of XP gained by feeding it to a different type]. I farmed quite a bit of the Shellmageddon dungeon this weekend, and the game has been giving out a free one for the last couple of days [due to the Halloween event]. I got lucky with a couple 2x bonus fuses too.

Rahk

Rolled a second Arthur. Sorry to the people who need her!

I guess there's no reason to keep her and should just feed for luck for a total of 10?

Wanchan

Rolled a second Arthur. Sorry to the people who need her!

I guess there's no reason to keep her and should just feed for luck for a total of 10?

My rule is to never dupe 5* i get in the gacha (4* are kinda ok i guess), it's always a waste, better use both in a team.

If you need a luck team, it's best to use 4 or 5* you can get by drop, unless you want to spend lots of bucks in the game. I mean, it's useless to have an Arthur with 10 luck, it's too low to be effective...it's better to have 2 Arthur in your team.

For example my team currently have dupe Yggdrasil ascended :

chrono01

Regarding the LINE app, is there any way to stop the influx of "new messages" I get spammed with every time I launch it? It's becoming bothersome having a string of 200+ messages from hours ago pop up, when I'm really most interested in the current line of conversation. >_<

maks

Ok, I have two questions about my rerolls

A) Has Wildcat and Columbia.
B) Has Striker and Vanguard.

I saved A to my google account and wrote down friend code. I just got B but did not save it to my google account yet. First question...if I save B, will it overwrite A and make it non-retrievable? Second, which account is better to start playing with? Isn't striker hard to get ascended?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

I saved A to my google account and wrote down friend code. I just got B but did not save it to my google account yet. First question...if I save B, will it overwrite A and make it non-retrievable? Second, which account is better to start playing with? Isn't striker hard to get ascended?

Striker is the only one worth something. And even then, you have to get the stuff to ascend him to be good (not evolve, ascend).

No idea on the google thing though.

Shouta

Striker is the only one worth something. And even then, you have to get the stuff to ascend him to be good (not evolve, ascend).

No idea on the google thing though.

Wildcat evolves into Corsair which is a pretty decent unit.It's on the B-tier list from that one site but it also gets good ratings from other places, I think.

Okay, so my Queen Arthur is my main but I've got two more Divines (don't hate me) and I have a choice between evolving my Apollo(not X) or my Harley (not X).

Which should I evolve first?

Also, I have 100 gems left over from co-op meet bonuses, maybe I should roll a bunch first.

Wildcat evolves into Corsair which is a pretty decent unit.It's on the B-tier list from that one site but it also gets good ratings from other places, I think.

US version renamed her "Mustang."

So far she's very useful, but I have to play smart with her around damage walls or I can become a team killer in one turn. 400 speed kills.

If this game will progress like PAD does, though, I sort of doubt that she will get as much evo/ascension attention as god-types do. Then again, how much more can be done with Zeus?

Draxal

Okay, so my Queen Arthur is my main but I've got two more Divines (don't hate me) and I have a choice between evolving my Apollo(not X) or my Harley (not X).

Which should I evolve first?

Also, I have 100 gems left over from co-op meet bonuses, maybe I should roll a bunch first.

I'd pull.

You can't. I was just saying how they could technically improve Zeus, considering he's already pretty amazing. If they did that, he would be too powerful.

Still, a man can dream...

Why have I seen people with the same monster but lower SS timer? I believe someone had a Harley X with a 4 turn faster timer.

HGStormy

Banned
I just got this. Didn't know there was a re-roll thing going on. D'oh. I always mess up those and take some really weak monster >_>

All you guys have amazing luck. I rerolled a few times and figured it would be like PAD and get a few good ones from the hatcher. Nope. Have a ton of dupes, only 1 5 star (Nanania or something) and Striker Jr from a friend hatch pull! I think I've pulled maybe 35 times. All the launch day orbs, friend orbs, login bonuses ... haven't purchased any.

But damn, my friendslist is like all Zeus! I really need some better luck!

chrono01

All you guys have amazing luck. I rerolled a few times and figured it would be like PAD and get a few good ones from the hatcher. Nope. Have a ton of dupes, only 1 5 star (Nanania or something) and Striker Jr from a friend hatch pull! I think I've pulled maybe 35 times. All the launch day orbs, friend orbs, login bonuses ... haven't purchased any.

But damn, my friendslist is like all Zeus! I really need some better luck!
A lot of those people, myself included, probably re-rolled countless times for their Zeus. It was not fun. >_<

Rahk

I spent like a whole day (300+ re-rolls) and the best I got was Merlin.

Did a 10-roll later on and got Arthur, Zeus and Sanada Yukimura. Go figure.

So, after many rerolls I just got a Merlin and Lancelot X. Debating on whether I should keep rerolling til I can get a Zeus or stick with this. Should I just stay with that or keep trying?

Svafnir

Any idea how to get the English name of all the monsters. It sucks the monsterpedia hides names.

In progress of making a wiki, and it's currently almost impossible for me to make a page for every monster. Can't find out their name what so ever.

Any ideas?

Edit: So far I was able to decompile the APK and grab mobster images and what not. But can't find monster names anywhere, not sure if encrypted or what. In terms of stats and evolution trees, easy to enter for monsters I have or just reference a foreign website. Already have the basics for catalysts and all that, power ups etc. But this name of all the English monsters, I can't seem to solve the problem.

Top Bottom