• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

john tv

Any idea how to get the English name of all the monsters. It sucks the monsterpedia hides names.

In progress of making a wiki, and it's currently almost impossible for me to make a page for every monster. Can't find out their name what so ever.

Any ideas?

Edit: So far I was able to decompile the APK and grab mobster images and what not. But can't find monster names anywhere, not sure if encrypted or what. In terms of stats and evolution trees, easy to enter for monsters I have or just reference a foreign website. Already have the basics for catalysts and all that, power ups etc. But this name of all the English monsters, I can't seem to solve the problem.
That's part of the fun of making a Wiki! :) Start with the number, add the names as you find them...

Svafnir

That's part of the fun of making a Wiki! :) Start with the number, add the names as you find them...

Fun part indeed... I run a "database/wiki" for Diablo also.

I only use the term wiki as I provide extra information, but it's all only edited by me... so not really a wiki. Monster Strike sounds like another fun project. Just difficult because unlike Diablo, I can't readily test or find all the monsters.

Will have a barebones version up tomorrow hopefully.

john tv

Fun part indeed... I run a "database/wiki" for Diablo also.

I only use the term wiki as I provide extra information, but it's all only edited by me... so not really a wiki. Monster Strike sounds like another fun project. Just difficult because unlike Diablo, I can't readily test or find all the monsters.

Will have a barebones version up tomorrow hopefully.
Nice, post a link once it's up! (If you're on twitter, lemme know there too, so I can check it out/pimp it -- @johntv)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
We need a dedicated GAF Drake group.....lol. johnTV have you done.

wilflare

thanks to the MStrikeGAF family on LINE, finally farmed enough drakes to get this Luck 90 Dragon!

too many to thank but special thanks to Don, Howie and Rahk who were with me at that final battle for the last Drake (and cw_sasuke, chrono1, HAZ and many more of you!)

aRIqw7G.jpg

cw_sasuke

thanks to the MStrikeGAF family on LINE, finally farmed enough drakes to get this Luck 90 Dragon!

too many to thank but special thanks to Don, Howie and Rahk who were with me at that final battle for the last Drake (and cw_sasuke, chrono1, HAZ and many more of you!)

Hot damn !!!
Congrats my man - you worked hard for it :-D

chrono01

Congrats again man.

Unfortunately I missed the final battle [filled up before I had a chance to join], but I'm glad to hear that you were successful. Only 14 more until mine is done. Shouldn't be too bad.

Thanks to everyone for participating tonight. It was a lot of fun.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So it's been asked, but is there a way to farm Divine's not on Saturday/Sunday?

Also, at what point is it going to be acceptable to tackle Savage level event dungeons? I tried one to burn stam last night before bed and it was no joke.

Azusa

Also, at what point is it going to be acceptable to tackle Savage level event dungeons? I tried one to burn stam last night before bed and it was no joke.

It depends. Dark Soul was super hard. I have tried once and no more. Its just hard. I need to levelup my other monsters with skills that I need there.

Finished Ray Transformer. It was hard, but not like Dark Soul. Just don't touch that wall.

Over the Rainbow is super easy savage. Boss is weak.

cw_sasuke

I dont think "farming" is the right spot considering how rare they are, but you can get them as well in regular daily catalyst dungeons i get.

About the Savage event dungeons...its all about having the right team (attribute and skills etc.) and stalling before the boss if possible. So with the right preparation it should be possible, havent tried one since the the first day or so - had john and co. on my team and ended up spending like 3-4 stones because i wanted to see how tough it gets xD

john tv

Divine Sharls drop every day but Friday, in Catalyst quests (Hard difficulty only). The bonus drop rate is super low but sometimes Divine-looking enemies appear who have a slightly higher drop rate when you take them out.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Cool - thanks for the info guys!

I guess there's a reason to be saving all these 4* guys and leveling them to 5* with how many effects need to be dealt with in Savage dungeons. Once a good wiki akin to PDX comes together, I think it'll be easier to put teams together (knowing if the boss uses wall, has shields, gravity, etc).

Time to farm drakes for that coveted 90 luk now. :3

anyone know what the game means by hinting that certain guys set as team leaders matched with others cause special powers?

Any examples?

robot

That Line chat is pretty hilarious w/ all the Drake talk.

I have a pretty solid team now (i think):

- Sanada Yukimura
- Umbral Saya (evolved)
- Hikari

Looks like I need Divine Sharls to evolve Sanada & Hikari. How do I get em? Lots o luck?

StMeph

Are mono-color teams targetting monster type weaknesses better at end-game to tackle Event dungeons? Or is it always basically a team of the three best you've got?

Basically I'm wondering how to prioritize my XP allocation.

garath

I need friends :(

Tried loading up co-op last night but took a min to set up LINE and ran out of time to co-op. Will have to try again tonight.

My friend ID:

Azusa

Are mono-color teams targetting monster type weaknesses better at end-game to tackle Event dungeons? Or is it always basically a team of the three best you've got?

It think skills and abilities are more important. For example in Dark Soul savage I had a problem to damage a boss in the special field. Only my monster with null gravity barrier could do anything useful.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Why is Drake so special?

It's not just drake - any of the 3 starters can be easily farmed. You can farm one of those starters to get 90 LUK and increase your chance to farm divines and other rare stuff. Most people started with drake, so that's why he gets the farm treatment.

Draxal

Null Damage Wall (damage walls are big killers) and null shields / gravity barriers are important.

Divine Sharls drop every day but Friday, in Catalyst quests (Hard difficulty only). The bonus drop rate is super low but sometimes Divine-looking enemies appear who have a slightly higher drop rate when you take them out.

I got one in a speed chest on monday's dungeon as well.

KemoSabe

It's not just drake - any of the 3 starters can be easily farmed. You can farm one of those starters to get 90 LUK and increase your chance to farm divines and other rare stuff. Most people started with drake, so that's why he gets the farm treatment.
I had five drakes and fused them into one.
After that i fused it with my zeus but he still has only one luck point...
What am i doing wrong?

Draxal

I had five drakes and fused them into one.
After that i fused it with my zeus but he still has only one luck point...
What am i doing wrong?

You're using the drake as the farmbot not the Zeus. When doing Sharls/Stoans or other easy farmable content you use that drake. The only way to level up Zeus's luck is using another Zeus.

Top Bottom