• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

Marvelous

Guys, which characters should I try to evolve first? Oda Nobunaga or Striker?

Also, where can I find the monster needed to ascend Striker?

And who has the stage Radiant Lieutenant unlocked?

Draxal

Guys, which characters should I try to evolve first? Oda Nobunaga or Striker?

Also, where can I find the monster needed to ascend Striker?

And who has the stage Radiant Lieutenant unlocked?

Nobunaga. Striker's ascended form is better than Nobunaga's evolved, but Nobunaga's evolved is better than Striker's evolved.

The stage that drops slash is one of those rotating event ones that you see. Its not in the game atm.

Marvelous

Nobunaga. Striker's ascended form is better than Nobunaga's evolved, but Nobunaga's evolved is better than Striker's evolved.

The stage that drops slash is one of those rotating event ones that you see. Its not in the game atm.

Thanks.
I evolved my Nobunaga just now.

I had five drakes and fused them into one.
After that i fused it with my zeus but he still has only one luck point...
What am i doing wrong?
On that note, you can verify if a monster gets additional luck from a feed by checking to see if the number starts flashing on the fusion screen.

Ulthwe

I got the Famitsu code for Terra Battle and the magazine comes with a Monster Strike one too. The problem is that it doesn't seem to work on the US vers. of the game, so if anyone is playing the JP one and wants it just PM me.
B0m_1S2CAAEYH2_.jpg

Ulthwe

Ulthwe, I'll take it if you don't want it! I can't send PMs from my phone for some reason tho, so no biggie if it's too much hassle.
No hassle at all! As you can see it's your twitter pic, and I didn't offer it directly to you as I thought you already had it. I'll PM it now.

BTW, it would be great to hear a bit of "inside baseball" about the translation work in the next 8-4 podcast.

So for Red Sharls I assume I have to do "Catalysts of Fire", does it matter if I do Easy, Normal or Hard? :eek:

EDIT: Have finished Easy and Normal, no Red Sharl so far :( Trying Hard as soon as my Stamina resets!

I'm starting to become convinced that five stars don't exist. I don't know how many times I've rerolled, but I downloaded the app this morning and have been rerolling while doing other things. So many four stars.

Did you guys reroll until you got five stars for both monsters?

Also, the second free gacha comes from giving up the first quest, if I read the OP right?

Draxal

I'm starting to become convinced that five stars don't exist. I don't know how many times I've rerolled, but I downloaded the app this morning and have been rerolling while doing other things.

Did you guys reroll until you got five stars for both monsters?

Also, the second free gacha comes from giving up the first quest, if I read the OP right?

You don't need 5 stars for both monsters, but you want that one 5 star to be a keepable guy. The second free gacha comes from the rewards tab, click on it and you get 5 there.

Ducarmel

Was there an update today?

I reinstalled the game because it kept on crashing on me (I hope it fixes my problems), and it started updating when I restored my data.

edit: reinstalling did not work still crashing when i complete dungeons.

maks

Ok, i think i got a good start. No idea where to farm. I understand I should try to get those exp turtles to level up my mains. So many special events and not sure where to get materials to evolve my 5* monsters yet.

Do we have a friends list going on? Here's mine...

Striker, Arthur, Lancelot.

I'm starting to become convinced that five stars don't exist. I don't know how many times I've rerolled, but I downloaded the app this morning and have been rerolling while doing other things. So many four stars.
I was feeling like that after a pathetic 10 roll and then I got Wildcat from a random 5 orb pull.
This game is weird sometimes...

Only got Apollo and many four stars. I think I'm gonna try farming drakes. I have the water starter, so I think I'll have to do a different dungeon, right? And this is just to build a high luck monster?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Only got Apollo and many four stars. I think I'm gonna try farming drakes. I have the water starter, so I think I'll have to do a different dungeon, right? And this is just to build a high luck monster?

Yup, just to get that luck. And you will farm the equivalent water level tier. It's in the Glacier level I think.

Yeah, I think the water quest is 2 chapters after the Volcano. I happened to get blue drake from a friend hatch so I have all but the green one. I wish I would have known you can get the drakes via a quest.

Narras

My brother wanted to try out this game on his tablet, but he's run into some problem. After selecting his starter, it gets to the update download portion and he gets the error "Unable to save file. Please delete unneeded files and try again." and "Sorry. An error has occurred. Please try again in a little while."

Anyone know how he could fix this? He has a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, I think.

Thanks for the help, guys! I would have chosen the fire starter if I knew it would be easier to farm.
I would not worry about it, the Volcano chapter is pretty quick after the trials (like 2 chapters). If anything, it was probably smarter to do the water/grass starter since they are further away.
Luck grinding is pretty easy though. You just need to get a creature on the same evolution line. Your biggest obstacle will be the stamina gauge.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Does the 10-roll have higher chance of 5* than the single pull?

I wouldn't think so. However, if it's anything like every other game out there, you're battling the RNG seed when you pull. You could get a bad seed and get 0~5*, or hit a jackpot seed and get 5+~5*.

The dungeons are getting slightly harder (I just beat the glacier levels), so I might just stop and farm there and do the event dungeons when I can. Stamina really is inhibiting.

Also, is it worth saving EXP monsters to level up monsters of the same color like PAD? I've been dumping most of them into Apollo since I'm not sure of it's worth leveling up things like Saya, Ishida, and Masamune.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Rerolled 25~ times last weekend and had at most three 5-stars pop out out of 60 pulls (none keepable). Eventually just stuck with Jupiter and another 4-star.

Wish I only had to roll 25 times. I did 3 times that amount to get Arthur. Was about to give up and go with any 5* B rank or above 5* at that point.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there any resource for what "Fiend slayer" and "Vivolith Slayer XL" means? Power types I mean.

And if you ascend a monster that requires a 4 Luck event monster, will it work if you have 4+ luck, or is it exactly 4 luck?

Thanks for the help, guys! I would have chosen the fire starter if I knew it would be easier to farm.
You know that the stage itself drops drakes, right? That's how people are farming luck; they're feeding duplicate drakes to themselves.

Is there any resource for what "Fiend slayer" and "Vivolith Slayer XL" means? Power types I mean.
They do bonus damage against monsters of those types.

Also, is it worth saving EXP monsters to level up monsters of the same color like PAD? I've been dumping most of them into Apollo since I'm not sure of it's worth leveling up things like Saya, Ishida, and Masamune.
Luckily there is no relation to color and experience in this game. Same evolution line gives you a boost. Turtles are the best way to get EXP. You get them via Bonus, EXP events, and Friend Hatches. Gold Turtles (in the face not border) give you coins. Turtles come in gold and silver eggs.

Luckily there is no relation to color and experience in this game. Same evolution line gives you a boost. Turtles are the best way to get EXP. You get them via Bonus, EXP events, and Friend Hatches. Gold Turtles (in the face not border) give you coins. Turtles come in gold and silver eggs.
Thanks for the info! I guess I'll prioritize my drake and Apollo.

YES!!! I finally got a Zeus. I was beginning to think that I would never get one and be stuck with Merlin Lancelot X combo I got on a reroll.

Pbae

Is striker jr. suppose to be like the farmer in every fire emblem game?

If I devote time and resources in him, he becomes godly?

Einherjar

Is there a way to force safe mode on permanently? My game seems to crash 50% of the time at the Stage Clear message if it's not turned on.

chrono01

I'm going to start more Drake farming this evening. I'm so close, I need to get this done today.

Last night was great, though. I love how you can share/pool your Stamina to run with your Friends. It certainly makes running dungeons for extended periods of time easier [without needing to spend Magic Orbs]. I love it.

Draxal

I'm going to start more Drake farming this evening. I'm so close, I need to get this done today.

Last night was great, though. I love how you can share/pool your Stamina to run with your Friends. It certainly makes running dungeons for extended periods of time easier [without needing to spend Magic Orbs]. I love it.

Coop makes this game. I don't think it's that great without it, but coop with line makes it.

Rahk

You don't have to farm the one you started with. The drake that drops is the same as the starter. Just farm the red one like everyone else, unless you want to be different.

Top Bottom