• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Character Select Screen Leaked (Spoilers) [Update: Stage Renders]

derFeef

So the unlockable stuff will be selectable at the DLC portraits? Weird.
But... exciting nonetheless! I do not buy the WB character story though because we know that the 360 exclusive content is shipped via DLC.

Majmun

The only thing I don't like about the roster is that basically all characters are looking straight into the camera. Should've used more different portraits.

And I hope all secret (DLC) characters will get a block for their own portrait. Don't want to turn blocks to chose a different character.

374Kb.png

Something like that. Don't like turning blocks. Love a huge character select screen lol.
Row 7 left and right would be for Kratos and
cyber subzero

derFeef

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
What does that have to do with anything? An exclusive WB character for some reason cannot be DLC? I don't get it.
I do not think the DLC info is "out there" yet. Could be wrong though and this guy knows everything?

AMUSIX said:
The 50% ninja thing really surprised me too...
jCJdf.jpg

Now, I like a hell of a lot of those characters...but when designing characters in the future, the team might not want to start with..."OK...so he's a ninja!..."
The really hardcore fans would dispute all those ninja claims :p. They would say... Scorpion is a spectre, Kitana is a princess, Noob is part of the brotherhood of the shadow, Kabal is not a ninja. Rain isn't really a ninja anymore either (hes a prince). Not sure what Ermac's status is.

edit: I see fernoca has already taken care of the list ;)

scoot3r

Man if this game sucks im going to look like a chump. Ive been hyping this thing to the sky to every gamer i know! So excited!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Finally, after all these years, the brothers Quan Chi & Kratos are in the same game.

And I just know that the people complaining about ninjas never really played MK - 2 out of the 7 you could use were ninjas, not even counting Reptile, and then MKII turned it up a whole other notch with almost half there, again, not even including the other hidden characters who were ALL ninjas - stop bitching.

clockpunk

Awesomesauce - the character I have been waiting to see announced, Sheeva, made the cut! Preordering now. :D

Although, does anyone know whether the preorder bonus skins are actual downloads, or just early in-game unlocks?

Second said:
And I hope all secret (DLC) characters will get a block for their own portrait. Don't want to turn blocks to chose a different character.

Hmm...how would it work if multiple people want to choose DLC characters?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
DryEyeRelief said:
Hmm...how would it work if multiple people want to choose DLC characters?
Same way it does in WWE's games. You click dlc then you press up or down and it'll just shfit through portraits

DaBuddaDa

infinityBCRT said:
Not sure what Ermac's status is.
Ermac isn't a guy, it's a big collection of souls that were captured by Shao Kahn but escaped from him and seek revenge. Something like that.

<3 Ermac.

Why the hell are people complaining about two many ninjas?

Not sure if you know this, but the rapid MK fans...you know, the ones who bought MKD and MKA?

They're pissed that RAIN is not yet confirmed for the game. They need EVERY ninja.

Revenant

I'm actually really happy with the character list they have. Even though I'd love to have more I'd rather have a somewhat balanced game rather than a bunch of fan service to include everyone. Then again I kind of got lucky as my favorite characters are in (Reptile, Kabal, Kenshi in DLC)

I want this day one, but at the same time I almost want to wait a month or so and see if that Kollectors Edition drops in price...

Criminal Upper said:
Why the hell are people complaining about two many ninjas?

Not sure if you know this, but the rapid MK fans...you know, the ones who bought MKD and MKA?

They're pissed that RAIN is not yet confirmed for the game. They need EVERY ninja.

Rain was my favourite ninja. I am disappoint at his absence.

.la1n said:
Loving everything except Human Smoke, he looks like a tool.
We still haven't seen the player model yet. Some fuzzy screens showed his hair looking a bit different. Basically, have faith that the gameplay model will look cooler than ninja-Walken!

Gravijah

KlockreN said:
I hope i will read this someday:

"Rain to be Xbox 360 exclusive character."

screw you buddy. ;( i'll trade kratos for rain

The Lamonster said:
We still haven't seen the player model yet. Some fuzzy screens showed his hair looking a bit different. Basically, have faith that the gameplay model will look cooler than ninja-Walken!

Nothing.. is cooler than the Walken.

Quan Chi over Rain? What the fuck Boon? Everybody thinks Quan Chi is shit no matter how huge a man-crush you have on him. Going back in time was your chance to get rid of the character who sullied the series, why bring him back?

If they needed to add anybody from Mythologies (because by God it was such a highly regarded game) then it should have been Sareena.

Spirit of Jazz said:
Quan Chi over Rain? What the fuck Boon? Everybody thinks Quan Chi is shit no matter how huge a man-crush you have on him. Going back in time was your chance to get rid of the character who sullied the series, why bring him back?

If they needed to add anybody from Mythologies (because by God it was such a highly regarded game) then it should have been Sareena.

Uh, alot of people like Quan Chi, dude.

This game is turning out to be my childhood dreams come true. Just the portrait of Kano is getting me hyped. They finally gave him the same look as the dude from the film. Very cool. And Cyborg Sub-Zero? Holy shit. I'm on board.

Spirit of Jazz said:

I feel really comfortable saying Quan Chi is a better character than a lot of the MK3-MKT added characters.

Also, Rain is probably a secret character in the game. He along with Robo smoke were the first guys mentioned for DLC. If I were to garner a guess, they decided to move them into the game because a ton of shit was spoiled via the text leaks and they need some secrets. Kintaro would probably fall under that secret character umbrella as well.

Plus you've gotta figure they are gonna put some hard ass secret to figure out in the game. I remember it took a while for people to figure out how to unlock Liu Kang in Deception because it was only on a specific day of the month that you'd find him.

I also wouldn't be surprised if some characters were on disc but just weren't unlockable until they allowed it in an online update (they have the ability to update the game without Title Updates similar to EA games like NHL).

fernoca

Spirit of Jazz said:

Well, Quan Chi is a key part of the story in the originals and this one; and had/has ties with most of the characters; more so than many characters.
Helped Shao Kahn and Shant Tsung into resurrecting Sindel.
His rivalry with Sub-Zero because of the amulet.
Killed Scorpion's clan and family, and put the blame on Sub-Zero.
Fake alliance with Shinnok for centuries.
Fake alliance with Shao Kahn
Hatred with Raiden.​
And so on..

Rain, as much as I like the character; only connection to the story was in Armageddon, were they actually gave him a story. He was not playable in Ultimate MK3 (only in the SNES/GEN ports); but later on Trilogy...then disappeared, until appearing in Armageddon. On which he's doing his own thing basically; since he discovered he was Argus' son and wanted a piece of that. :p

Top Bottom