• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X - CG trailer (PC/360/XB1/PS3/PS4, 2015, E3 Debut, Box Art, Info, UE3)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I wanna see some awesome weather effects and not just background, i wanna fight in the rain

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Really enjoyed the trailer and the revamped designs of both Sub Zero and Scorpion. They look both more menacing and realistic which I think is a great improvement over previous entries in the series. I will say that everything within the trailer looked really engaging except for the initial animations, reminded too much of the old, disjointed MK's. Also I thought the music was great until Wiz started to rap. Nothing against him (don't like his music personally) but his flow didn't coincide with the tone or tempo of the action. Otherwise, congrats Nether Realm, you've orchestrated a trailer that has garnered a wealth of attention. Can't wait to see this at E3.

Dunfisch

Sharing the sentiment of many, I''ll say as much as I hope - I *do* hope so much that was ingame and not cross-gen either. I'ts not like there's no juice left in 360/PS3, but generally, going all next-gen allows for discarding old limitations. Do so, Ed. Do so.

DAT BEAT THO.

Khezu

I assumed Sub-Zero looks white because of his ice powers, but he does look pretty corpsy, like he is under Quan Chi's control.

59641_db4de67eed95fd29bdc5b0efff100319.gif

Very excited about a new MK.

vypek

Afro Samurai and Samurai Champloo shit hot basketballs down your throat

Thank ya

Champloo was excellent. Its been a long time since I've played an MK. Never even owned one. Just played with friends before. Wonder if I should bother getting this one, especially since there is apparently a story which I didn't even really know.

AngryMoth

Saw this earlier and thought it looked amazing, but it's CG huh? Am I crazy for thinking it was at least in engine? Hype deflated a little

EulaCapra

Everything is more hardcore with hip-hop music! :/

I hope the X-Ray moves aren't like that in the final game and less graphic. That was a bit too unsettling.

"For the first time, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style."

Hm... Interesting.

Scorpion
-> Human-brawler/grappler
->Undead-magic/fire emphasis
->Ninja mode-Great mobility and usage of stage geometry

I dunno...

Damn son, that looked good!
I don't think that there's been a time that a Mortal Kombat CG trailer didn't look good, honestly. I just barely got Mortal Kombat 9 a few days ago and I've been loving that (first MK I've played since Deception), so consider me on board for this one.

"For the first time, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style."

Hm... Interesting.

Scorpion
-> Human-brawler/grappler
->Undead-magic/fire emphasis
->Ninja mode-Great mobility and usage of stage geometry

I dunno...

Is it the first time? They had variable fighting style in Deadly Alliance and tried doing it with MK9 but couldn't do it so they left in the button that switches stance anyway.

I bet theyll take elements from Injustice and use environments and objects as weapons and moments.

Manu

Is it the first time? They had variable fighting style in Deadly Alliance and tried doing it with MK9 but couldn't do it so they left in the button that switches stance anyway.

My guess is that you'll choose the fighting style when selecting the character and stick to that style for the whole fight.

Kinda like KoF's variations of a single character, but included on the same one.

Xater

I bet theyll take elements from Injustice and use environments and objects as weapons and moments.

Variations of characters is different from fighting styles you can pick on the fly.

I love that we might be getting the run feature back. I've been calling for it, I never understood why it disappeared.

I hope the X-Ray moves aren't like that in the final game and less graphic. That was a bit too unsettling.

It wasn't even that bad. Plus, it's MK, that's the point. We need God of War styled fatalities. :p

Top Bottom