• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X - CG trailer (PC/360/XB1/PS3/PS4, 2015, E3 Debut, Box Art, Info, UE3)

Toxi

Banned
Not sure what the issue is with the music. Rap fits Mortal Kombat pretty well, better than it would most fighting games.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Looks like in game art assets being pre-rendered through CGI. The trailer looks pretty groovy though. I am excited for this one.

Couple things to note:

They always stay on a 2D plane
There is continuity issue when sub zero drops his sword (implying footage is spliced)

There is a possibility that it is in game...

Nothing really screams CG... but the 3 branch interactions kind of bug me. Especially when scorpion spears sub zero, the chain has collision detection on the branch which is how sub zero got vaulted. Seems improbable to use something that complicated for a gameplay mechanic.

Xpliskin

I ... liked it ?
Not a fan of the DC game, they really should show gameplay next.

Trailer serves its purpose well, masses will believe this is in-game.
"Have you seen the next-gen mortal kombat !?"

sector4

Rap and Ninjas are a perfect mix, that's pretty much Wu Tangs thing haha!
maybe just RZA

Great trailer, really really looking forward to this.

Aselith

"Mortal Kombat X is scheduled for release in 2015 for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC."

The last part of this is so fucking awkward. Seriously having trouble parsing the sentence with that Microsoft corporate speak.

npa189

I thought the trailer was awesome, Netherrealm knows how to make a video game. The rap is fun and stupid just like the game and to people bitching about UE3 just stop. Engines don't define a game and what it will look like, NR has put a ton of work into their own tech and it will look great.

Xpliskin

"Mortal Kombat X is scheduled for release in 2015 for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC."

The last part of this is so fucking awkward. Seriously having trouble parsing the sentence with that Microsoft corporate speak.

Exclusive: Finish your foes with Kinect

That'd be really cool though

SonnyBoy

I don't mind the song, but it didn't flow well with the trailer. It just wasn't a good fit to me. They could have focused on the combatants and the arena itself.

Teeth

The more I watch the trailer, the more I'm convinced it's gameplay models spliced with CG. For instance, the sequence from 1:18 - 1:21 looks totally doable as far as models and lighting go. Especially if they target less than 1080p.

SSReborn

Yeah the song wasn't really that bad it actually fit very well for a rap song and I'm not even really a big fan of Wiz. I think the problem is some people on here have a problem with rap in general or have their own vision for what the song should've been that didn't match up with what was used.

Silky

Banned
That's Epic's official Unreal Engine twitter, tho. They made the same announcement when GG was running on UE3 there

Y'all do know the music is for the trailer and not in game right?

Would it been different if another rapper rapped over the beat?

To add, that song is like a year and half old.

sjay1994

It would be beyond magics to achieve that with the lame UE3. UE4 is reasonable.

Arkham Knight is using UE3, and it looks damn good.

arkham_knight_2.jpg

alstein

My hopes for a PC port is that it is based off next-gen, and that the release date is really close to next-gen console release.

Be mad if it's lazy 360 port with a 6 mo delay.

Salsa

My hopes for a PC port is that it is based off next-gen, and that the release date is really close to next-gen console release.

Be mad if it's lazy 360 port with a 6 mo delay.

I only want the PC online to be fixed over the atrocious implementation in MK9. It's unplayable.

other than that, yeah, it'll look like the xbo/ps4 and better, that's a safe assumption considering those versions are gonna look like the 360/PS3 ones with better resolutions and added effects. lets be real

npa189

Those are the stupid boilerplate names for the consoles, although I've always been a fan of "computer entertainment system" from Sony, sounds badass compared to console or video game system.

Maybe they are creating a new series. It will make it easier when they release Mortal Kombat X Injustice in 2016 and Mortal Kombat X Time Killers in 2017

Top Bottom