• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X - CG trailer (PC/360/XB1/PS3/PS4, 2015, E3 Debut, Box Art, Info, UE3)

All of you are crazy. The music makes that trailer. Do you seriously want just another videogame trailer with an ambient orchestral track to back it. We've literally had hundreds of those in the past year, so how about a breathe of fresh air for a change? So trite...

Yep, I do. They'll at least fit the game better than constant rap songs.

All of you are crazy. The music makes that trailer. Do you seriously want just another videogame trailer with an ambient orchestral track to back it. We've literally had hundreds of those in the past year, so how about a breathe of fresh air for a change? So trite...
We want trailers with good music that also fit the scene and theme of the game.

The music choice was neither of those.

After watching the video several times, I realize the music does fit in pretty well. Big overreaction.

Boy do I want this game right now.

biRdy

Loved the trailer and song they used for it, something you don't see very often. Can't wait to see some gameplay.

Mik317

I don't even like Whiz like that but I liked this song.

Is it made for the game specifically or is it one of his songs?

Village

I don't know, rap doesn't really fit ninjas fighting in a forest atleast in my mind. Maybe if it was the Wu, maybe.

WHAT?

Have you not watched the afro Samurai or Samurai champoo, or hell even naruto in some spots.

Rap and Ninja Samurai stuff go together super good.

A-V-B

Looks like the art style is identical. So we'll have the same ridiculous looking female characters that look more like strippers than fighters? Kinda disappointing...

Trojan X

Banned
Why wasn't it.

I think it kinda did, as I have mentioned before I wouldn't have chosen the WIZ but , why don't you think it fits?
Because it is not mortal kombat. It is too far removed. Mk's music is cinematic, dread, manace and speaks doomsday, and that is the music the core fanbase associate. That rap song was none of that and was too western to an asian style theme, a theme enfused by sub zero and scorpian's ninja costume style. It is like having japanese enka festival with geisha dancing to drum and bass music, it wrong.

Ultimately, i do not mind a slight change in tone or style, but is has to keep the values of mk. Music is extremely important so it has to be done, or selected, right.

Having not played a MK game in forever.

When you see the shots of the knees breaking or the ribs breaking, does that effect your character?

Khezu

Man Scorpion needs to stop falling for this shit.
i35MW2R4bkZwP.gif

i7hE8IapsuYOe.gif

ib1a77ZjYXOv6Z.gif

Endo Punk

Not a fan of the song but I can see how it fits, would have preferred the theme song from the film, haha. Anyway I can totally see the current gen versions pulling off these visuals, and if it's true that the game will use UE4 then its really going to be a treat.

NR have successfully rebooted the franchise with MK9 now its time to introduce new blood. Wont know the improvements in the character design until we see the face characters. Scorpion and Subzero have always looked good, more or less.

Also, they need to show the version of the trailer where Subzero finally kicks Scorpions ass. I don't wanna have to beat all scorpions online in order to make up for Sub getting the uppercut everytime I play MK9, lol.

Because it is not mortal konbat. It is too far removed. Mk's music is cinematic, dread, manace and speaks doomsday, snd that is the music the core fanbase associate. That rap song was none of that and was too western to an asian style theme, a theme enfused by sub zero and scorpian's ninja costume style. It is like having japanese enka festival with gisha dancing to drum and bass music, it wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iRgQoOEmzw

Not sure if anyone has brought this up, but if Scorpion is on the Xbox boxart, could that mean Sub Zero is on the Playstation boxart? Sub Zero would match the blue box, and it would also be fun with "console wars" excitement

ShadowLag

Not sure if anyone has brought this up, but if Scorpion is on the Xbox boxart, could that mean Sub Zero is on the Playstation boxart? Sub Zero would match the blue box, and it would also be fun with "console wars" excitement

If they went that route, might as well put Reptile on the XBox art!

Have to admit, that would be pretty cool but it probably won't happen because they'll want to keep the boxart same for every platform.

Top Bottom