• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X - CG trailer (PC/360/XB1/PS3/PS4, 2015, E3 Debut, Box Art, Info, UE3)

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
People are seriously doubting that that was all CGI?

What

Salsa

I don't blame 'em, the footage doesn't look like something that is unachievable.

in terms of visuals? maybe and that's a big ass maybe

but in terms of animation? dude, no one repeats the same movement and every response to an attack is unique. Nothing about that trailer says "player pressing a button"

it's like people dont know how games work

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
I like it, it stands out.

Its just that so many box arts for video games these days have an extreme close up of the main/popular character. The first word that pops into my head when I see a box art like that is "generic", so it really doesn't "stand out".

Anyway, I won't lose my shit if this is the final box art, lol. I'll just be a little disappointed.

The rapper Wiz Khalifa, responsible for the trailer music, is doing the soundtrack for the entire game.

dis-gon-b-gud.gif

Ambition

in terms of visuals? maybe and that's a big ass maybe

but in terms of animation? dude, no one repeats the same movement and every response to an attack is unique. Nothing about that trailer says "player pressing a button"

it's like people dont know how games work

Well, yeah you gotta point.

Ryu751

Banned
Trailer was totally CG. I think the final game should look just as good. 2015 games we know of look incredible. Quantum, Order and the new Batman. Music in the trailer has to go though.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Trailer was totally CG. I think the final game should look just as good. 2015 games we know of look incredible. Quantum, Order and the new Batman. Music in the trailer has to go though.

Quantum, Order, and Batman are all next-gen exclusive, though.

This is confirmed cross-gen.

The trailer was nice, but I think that was CGI or at least CG mixed with real time assets. The animations still looked janky, but I can't wait to see more.

Ghazi

Good. Nothing against hip hop but it doesn't fit MK at all.

I actually thought the instrumental was really good, for the trailer. The lyrics I wasn't ok with, but if it had simply been an instrumental, it would've been pretty good. Of course, that makes it not Hip-Hop, anymore.

Minyobi

Yikes are people going a bit crazy over the music thing.
What is the most that is going to come out of this? Another album of music "inspired by Mortal Kombat?

Also, there are a lot of video games that feature music that I dislike for whatever reason.
Getting over said music is actually quite easy. Especially in a fighter.

The Flash

Banned
I actually thought the instrumental was really good, for the trailer. The lyrics I wasn't ok with, but if it had simply been an instrumental, it would've been pretty good. Of course, that makes it not Hip-Hop, anymore.

Yeah the instrumental parts were good but as soon as Whiz came in they lost me

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Yikes are people going a bit crazy over the music thing.
What is the most that is going to come out of this? Another album of music "inspired by Mortal Kombat?

Also, there are a lot of video games that feature music that I dislike for whatever reason.
Getting over said music is actually quite easy. Especially in a fighter.

This is very true. This shouldn't be "Mortal Kombat X |OT| The Roast of Whiz Khalifa"

Teknoman

Im sure not many care about this, but hopefully the attack impact noises have a little more oomph to them, and the sound channels are louder all around.

Trojan X

Banned
You would think that, but remember that 2K gave PC owners the last gen version of NBA 2K14 while ps4/xb1 got the new shiny version. Not saying that this will be the same situation, just throwing that out there.
That is true and that was disgusting and disgraceful of them to do that.

The trailer was nice, but I think that was CGI or at least CG mixed with real time assets. The animations still looked janky, but I can't wait to see more.

That's what I thought. Basically everything from the side looked like it could be in-game but if it's not then they sure are setting up gamers for disappointment making it look like it is. Hell, the graphics better be that good or else what's the point. Fighters are like racers at this point, the mechanics have been ironed out to the point of perfection and all that matters is how good it looks and how smooth it feels.

All of you are crazy. The music makes that trailer. Do you seriously want just another videogame trailer with an ambient orchestral track to back it. We've literally had hundreds of those in the past year, so how about a breathe of fresh air for a change? So trite...

Top Bottom