• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Banned
Personally I would be expecting a remaster-esque remake by someone like Virtuos.

Higher resolution backgrounds with much newer looking character and enemy models, but nothing resembling something Ike Final Fantasy XV.

I agree. It should be visua jump like in RE1 > REmake.

Hurry,
please post that 8 bit kid walking for me
you now the one with that awesome walk!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that's my reaction to this!!!!!!!!!1

Guymelef

hahahaha.
Love this pre Sony E3 roller coaster.

We went from The Last Guardian to Shenmue, to FF VII, to TLG this year.

Prepare to be disappointed.

Yes but Cloud has appeared in a billion projects since FFVII on PS1. Don't have a problem with any of them.
Do you not understand I was making a fairly obvious joke? Not something meant to be taken literally?
I was taking his current philosophy for over the top designs of current day characters(such as the batman one), and applying it to his old design of Cloud to create a completely exaggerated design.
It might not have been a funny joke, but it's not hard to understand.

:D I love these Twin Peaks gifs!

rvKFwxD.gif

Ha ha, right back at you! Hard to imagine something more affirming than Agent Cooper thumbs up.

woen

lol if Sony drops one of the 3 games that are soooo wanted by gamers (TLG, Shenmue3, FF7 remake), gaf won't survive, the internet won't survive.

If there is none of them, microsoft wins.

KoopaTheCasual

Come on, Y2K is clearly messing with you guys.

He lives off of these kind of tears, remember?
I'm not putting much stock in these FF7 rumors, but Kagari, and now Shinobi have chimed in about TLG appearing tonight. Things bode well for that. I just wish people wouldn't get overhyped for these new FF7 rumors that literally popped into existence overnight.

Donos

If this turns out true (and is not a total joke version of FFVII) Siliconera is going to get a huge rep/cred boost. They could put a banner over every article they post with "from the leakers of FFVII PS4 remake" lol

LuuKyK

Well, Verendus did say that three games from the Sony Conference would keep GAF talking for a long time (or something like that). If they actually end up being TLG, FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 than just lol.

The 'long con' of the insane, nut-punching FFVII PC/PS4 Port announcement at PSX leading to a proper Remake announcement at E3 would be absolutely brilliant.

I mean, it would be legendary, wouldn't it?

Honestly, I struggle to think of any reason for Sony to fly Hashimoto all the way to PSX to announce that bullshit when we know that high individuals within Sony (i.e. Boyes) lurk forums like NeoGAF and have their fingers on the pulse of fan wants/desires. That was just flat out cruel.
A tone-deaf Japanese executive thinking people might actually be excited for a PC port of VII on PS4? Maybe. People within SCEA? Hell fucking no.

Gah. This is a vicious cycle. o_O

I'm not putting much stock in these FF7 rumors, but Kagari, and now Shinobi have chimed in about TLG appearing tonight. Things bode well for that. I just wish people wouldn't get overhyped for these new FF7 rumors that literally popped into existence overnight.

I always believed in TLG! Just a question of when, and not if.

FF7 rumour seems much more random. And I have no idea what to make of Shenmue.

But if Sony does manage all three, it will be one strange E3, that will never likely be topped for decades.

Well the article mentions "updated character models from Dissidia". What if Square is just making an enhanced port ?

"We heard your cries. We apologize for last time. Here it is!!!"

[the lights lower. crowd goes nuts. some classic Final Fantasy 7 music plays]

"18 Years Ago..."

[crowd is losing their shit]

"A Legendary Fantasy Returns... Reborn..."

[crowd begins screaming and stomping. the FF7 PC version appears, but the camera is zoomed and cropped to make it look widescreen. the models look like they've been replaced by Crisis Core/PSP quality ones or something, and the music all sounds OCRemixy]

"COMING 2016"

[the crowd is silent. someone is weeping]

"Thank you for attending our 2015 Media Briefing. Suzuki-san will be showing off his concept art for whatever he can get Kickstarter money for by 2017 at our booth."

Yeah, this. Without the Kickstarter, of course.

Poster has been verified.

Well shit. Now I don't know what to think.

ConceptX

So is this really turning into Sony's trump Microsoft card?

Microsoft goes first, hypes everyone up with some great exclusives.

Sony next, FF7 HD and TLG.

It's the price announcement all over again.

I'm trying to keep my expectations and belief in check, I don't really know what to think yet.

Jawmuncher

If this made it to E3 they would have to joke about the reception of the other FF7 game though. Something along the lines of well you're getting this as well as "remake ff7"

Bousf

This thread is moving FAST, everyone engaged hype mode, both believers and non-believers, don't deny it, let it sink in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom