• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama (Steam) |OT| More "bugs" than Batman!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Incoming~
Y3HebWh.png

Nzyme32

£14.99 is a bit too expensive but I really want to support the game. I think in going to have to miss out on the dlc and ost and just go for the base game for now

ghibli99

Took three tries to launch it without crashing, but I finally got in. Wow, this menu music is amazing... haven't even started the game, but everything looks solid from a UI perspective.

therapist

the discount is now live for the matsuri pack fellas

so tempting but i already own the 1.5 ver on 360 ugh i kinda wanna double dip

Mzo

Just want to double check and make sure that everyone who says they own Japanese-only Mushihimesama on the Japanese 360 isn't actually talking about region-free Mushihimesama Futari, the sequel.

With the discount this is a great, great price for the translated version.

Stuart444

Bought it twice. Once for me, once for my fiancee. Both the Matsuri Pack.

Tried it out, music is quite nice. <3 though it's a bit wierd seeing both the gamepad and keyboard controls at the same time on screen.

I did have to stretch it a bit because in window mode, it was a bit small. Not a big deal to me though.

I then died quite quickly on the easiest mode... gonna need a bit of practice me thinks XD.

Tate, the only way to play.

Edit:
No crashes for me and went full screen without issues.
Remapping my arcade stick is being a little funky. It is treating some of the buttons as directional so it won't let me use them. Might mess with it some more, might flip over to my PS4 stick and see how that responds.

epmode

Guys. I'm playing a Cave game on my PC. And it's not running in an emulator.

(My game crashed the first time I tried to skip the intro screen, worked fine the next. Fullscreen works too.)

Wonko_C

10% left, I'm just posting anything here to kill the time. Let's gooooo!

ToWzCGn.jpg

Edit: The game started on a window, tried to switch to full screen and it went black. Then BSOD after a few seconds... I'm scared.

Shaneus

Tate, the only way to play.

Edit:
No crashes for me and went full screen without issues.
Remapping my arcade stick is being a little funky. It is treating some of the buttons as directional so it won't let me use them. Might mess with it some more, might flip over to my PS4 stick and see how that responds.
It does suck a little that you can't do full tate without having borders, but I guess that's just the rotation of the arcade itself. Do you know if there are any vertical arcade shmups that use 9:16 ratio?

Also, any way of just having black space there and not the artwork?

Edit: Is the "Matsuri Pack" worth getting? Not much interested in the OST but the 1.5 is supposed to be value-adding, isn't it?

alcheim

Dear Cave.

Bought this game day one. Now please begin porting ProGear and Guwange and Dodonpachi and Espgaluda and Deathsmiles and Ibara and... actually, just port all of them to Steam.

Thanks!

Can't wait to go home and play this game.

Wonko_C

It does suck a little that you can't do full tate without having borders, but I guess that's just the rotation of the arcade itself. Do you know if there are any vertical arcade shmups that use 9:16 ratio?

Also, any way of just having black space there and not the artwork?

Edit: Is the "Matsuri Pack" worth getting? Not much interested in the OST but the 1.5 is supposed to be value-adding, isn't it?

Though it's not originally an arcade game, Twin Tiger Shark is 9:16, and it's completely free:

http://mix256.itch.io/twin-tiger-shark

mdsfx

Dear Cave.

Bought this game day one. Now please begin porting ProGear and Guwange and Dodonpachi and Espgaluda and Deathsmiles and Ibara and... actually, just port all of them to Steam.

Thanks!

Tried to alter the general screen settings and it made my display go black. Could not exit. Had to hard shut down.

Will try again....

Edit: Game crashed again in the options screen.

Edit 2: Working now.

Glad to see it wasn't just me. I had to do a full reboot because NOTHING let me back to my desktop.

Now I need to decide which stick to use on this: the battop HRAP 4 Kai, the battop HRAP v3 Kai or the TE with sanwa buttons and LS-40...

DECISIONS

linid0t

it's everything I always dreamed it to be ;_;

Died on stage 4 again though - the wall! Might try to 1cc original first before going back to maniac.

Cmagus

The game plays so well. I just finished up a run through arrange mode and it ran perfectly.There are also plenty of options and a lot of care that went into this and as usual the music is top notch. I really hope these releases keep coming. I haven't played this in awhile but I forgot how hard the arrange final boss is.

PS4 Mad Catz USFIV TE2 also acting up a bit. Strange. Never had buttons register as directional inputs. Maybe some strange cross talk between the way keyboard input is being done. Will keep experimenting. Got it to work well enough to get shot and bomb working.

I've been playing the X360 release on and off the past few weeks and Normal Original SEEMS faster here, was having a real hard time getting a no miss even on stage 1. I probably just need some sleep.

You could be one of those crazy people who play Deathsmiles or Akai Katana in tate.

epmode

To the lovely people behind this release:

Port all the games. All the games.
I will buy the games. All the games.

ghibli99

Dear Cave.

Thanks!

Yep, whatever they publish, I will buy. It's like the 3D Sega Remaster games on 3DS. I'll happily buy them all!

Any issues running this on an over 60 fps monitor? Some other shmups on steam have issues and run at double speed on my 120hz monitor (unless I set the refresh rate of the monitor to 60 manually)

Top Bottom