• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Did anyone get a vid of LeBron the end of the Cavs game?
I imagine he was quick to locker room so that no one could see him melt down. Losing to the Kings on their home court. Lost 6 of the last 8 games.(7 of the last 11), and 3 in a row.

Did GM LeBron fire the front office yet? is Lue still employed!?

pislit

why are yall panicking for lbj, in 2010 he bumped spo for the barely .500 record and then went on to tear the league and lost to nowitzki in the finals lol

neptunes

Did anyone get a vid of LeBron the end of the Cavs game?
I imagine he was quick to locker room so that no one could see him melt down. Losing to the Kings on their home court. Lost 6 of the last 8 games.(7 of the last 11), and 3 in a row.

I think the team is worse off with Kyle Korver, he is just bad defensively

The amount of money Portland has committed to their backcourt is insane. Not sure what they were thinking with those deals. They better hope they don't end up either wasting Lillard and McCollum's primes, or having to trade McCollum.

Zubac looks a lot more capable than I expected. I figured he'd spend the entire year in the D League. He and Ingram are both looking like really good pieces.

Cleveland needs to trade for him

Cleveland ain't got shit to trade. They are going to have to wait and hope some scrub like Deron Williams gets cut or something to address their rotation issue.

I think the team is worse off with Kyle Korver, he is just bad defensively

I think so too. He may gain you 12 pts from the 3pt line, but is it worth the 20 pts he gives up defensively?

I hope everyone continues to exploit that loop hole. Lebron won't want to put Korver on the court.

It's a damn shame the Raptors and the Celtics couldn't keep their shit together.
This is exactly the pressure I want Lebron to feel. Like he can't trust his team to win w/ or w/o him on the floor. I'm glad teh Celts won today. I'm sure it won't matter in the long run, but last thing I want is the Cavs to coast to the Eastern Conference Finals.

I see we are officially in Lebron needs more help-time of the season.

I understand that if you've got an open shot take it," Butler said. "But at a point in the game like that, no offense but you gotta get the ball to your best players. That's just how the game goes. Let it come down on my shoulders or D-Wade's shoulders. Let us be the reason why. I understand if you're open, yeah shoot it. But at a time and place when a guy is making shots like he was and like I was. I felt like everything was going in that I put up there, It happens man, you just got to learn from it. I'm not mad at the shot selection. I just think there's a time and place for all of that.'

What the fuck is this? This dude can't even lead a team to a shitty east playoff spot and he is throwing the teammates under the bus?

Maybe if the team had some kind of offense and you didn't iso so much, your shitty colleagues might be able to take easier shots.

3-6 vs the West in this trip, good thing Cavs play in the East or they wouldn't be a playoff team on the west. #saved Someone also needs to let Bron know that he's not Steph shooting 30ft 3s. He made them for a 3 week stretch, but that's not sustainable unless you're only one guy in the sport's history.

I find it hilarious that he complains that they need more players and the dude is worth like half a billion $ if not more. You just took 30m/year contract with the If squad strength was a priority was it necessary? I better not hear KD or Steph talk about this ish next season if they both take the max either. Can't have it both ways brehh. and lol if Melo Love switch happens, Warriors are going to throw a Halloween party to celebrate right after.

Kings twitter posted this
giphy.gif

You get two Ws, one for the pic & the other for your profile pic. That is a fucking BEAST.

I like Sweet Lou as a Laker but he needs to be on a contending team
damn

phanphare

Banned
That was a game Warriors would've lost last year. Super impressed with KD's bball IQ and poise in the 4th. That was some smart play by him. Realizes that officiating was tight...took the ball to the rim repeatedly to draw contact...made huge plays on D and effectively closed out the game...

yalls 4th quarter defense......whew

pretty happy with how the hornets played though. stark contrast to last season where the game was over in the 3rd quarter and the starters sat. steph always puts on a show in charlotte which is fun to watch. he knows we want to see it even if the hornets end up losing.

also mkg is coming along. he looked great last night.

gutshot

Woj reports on Anthony trade rumors:

Armed with a hope that Carmelo Anthony will eventually waive his no-trade clause, the New York Knicks have reached out to the Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Clippers and Cleveland Cavaliers to probe their interest in a trade, league sources told The Vertical.

Knicks president Phil Jackson is determined to find a destination and deal that Anthony would agree to accept before the Feb. 23 NBA trade deadline, league sources said.

Jackson is determined to rid the roster of Anthony and his contract, and start rebuilding around Kristaps Porzingis, league sources said.

The Clippers are a team that would interest Anthony, league sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...ltics-clippers-about-melo-deal-171840928.html

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...liers-owner-dan-gilbert-odds-payroll-spending

Tension between LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers' leadership is centered on payroll spending, multiple sources told ESPN.

James and team owner Dan Gilbert have different viewpoints on the issue, and it has been straining the relationship, sources said. The matter has been exacerbated by the team's struggles on the court; the Cavs lost for the sixth time in eight games, 116-112 to the Sacramento Kings in overtime, on Wednesday night.

When James was considering a return to the Cavs in 2014, he pressed Gilbert on if he'd be willing to spend unconditionally on talent, regardless of the luxury-tax cost, sources said. Over the course of several meetings with James and his representatives, Gilbert agreed, and James subsequently signed with the team.

Gilbert paid $82 million in salaries and $7 million in luxury tax in 2014-15, when the Cavs reached the NBA Finals. Last season, when Cleveland won the championship, Gilbert paid $107 million in salaries and $54 million in luxury tax.

Currently, the Cavs (30-14) are committed to $127.6 million in salaries and $27 million in luxury taxes for this season. They have spent more than any other NBA team over the three-year span.

James, however, has grown frustrated. He perceives that the Cavaliers have slowed new spending after winning their first championship, sources said.

The Cavs have an insane amount of money tied up in garbage like Tristian Thompson, Iman Shumpert and even JR Smith. Granted they are near or over th cap with Love, Bron and Kyrie alone so it doesn't have a huge effect, but having all that other money tied up in scrubs doesn't help with flexibility. They have no assets by which to meaningfully improve the team, they are going to have to either wait for some marginal has been like Janet Nelson or Deron Williams to be cut or trade for them outright. If LeBron and his team don't realize that they are idiots.

This isn't a conflict going on. LeBron wants to light a fire under the cavs' asses and is doing just that. He's not denigrating the players or creating lockeroom tension of some sort. He's preventing complacency from kicking in, because he's thinking about the championship and the road to it.

Even if this Cavs squad wins a ring this year, he would probably do the same thing.

3-6 vs the West in this trip, good thing Cavs play in the East or they wouldn't be a playoff team on the west. #saved Someone also needs to let Bron know that he's not Steph shooting 30ft 3s. He made them for a 3 week stretch, but that's not sustainable unless you're only one guy in the sport's history.

I find it hilarious that he complains that they need more players and the dude is worth like half a billion $ if not more. You just took 30m/year contract with the If squad strength was a priority was it necessary? I better not hear KD or Steph talk about this ish next season if they both take the max either. Can't have it both ways brehh. and lol if Melo Love switch happens, Warriors are going to throw a Halloween party to celebrate right after.

giphy.gif

You get two Ws, one for the pic & the other for your profile pic. That is a fucking BEAST.

damn

LeBron is the VP of the player's union. He's not going to take less than the maximum, especially when every other NBA player is being given the ability to get contracts during one of the best periods to be a free agent in.

Also, you seriously should follow the kings and blazers twitter, along with Embiid'S twitter. Should be mandatory for anyone who is a basketball fan

jbug617

Banned
Isola says the Knicks and Clippers can get a deal done without the Knicks getting Griffin, Jordan or Paul. Most likely a deal involving Crawford, Rivers and picks.

Tom Penny

The idea that players should take pay cuts to help out their billionaire owners will never not be asinine.
Well then don't complain about why they can't build a roster when they broke records in luxury tax with players you hand picked...
Isola says the Knicks and Clippers can get a deal done without the Knicks getting Griffin, Jordan or Paul. Most likely a deal involving Crawford, Rivers and picks.
Doc isn't fleecing anyone in a trade. Here are scrubs and the 25th pick give us Melo.. Unlikely.
GM Doc is Browns tier

Well then don't complain about why they can't build a roster when they broke records in luxury tax with players you hand picked...

I agree, I called Bron out on that a few posts up. But Bron taking $20 million over $30 million would have zero impact on the Cavs ability to make moves. They'd still be capped out. That money would just to to Gilbert.

Top Bottom