• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Jarate

Banned
NBAPA is not going to let a superstar take shit money to help their team win.

If you aren't in the NBAPA, you're loosing out on money by advertising your name

TTG

I agree, I called Bron out on that a few posts up. But Bron taking $20 million over $30 million would have zero impact on the Cavs ability to make moves. They'd still be capped out. That money would just to to Gilbert.

Right. The only argument you can make against Lebron in this instance is maybe, just maybe, he could do without his former teammates that don't contribute but take up roster spots. James Jones, Birdman and Mo Williams and Verajao from last year. They treat the last guys on the bench as purely sinecure roles.

Dirk and Duncan did.. Dirk had been incredibly loyal to a fault.

Those guys are outliers. The problem is that when they do it, it creates an unreasonable expectation for other players. If anything, Dirk is the warning case for future players. Took a pay cut to be "loyal" and the Mavs haven't done shit but squander is last few years in the league.

Marz

I know Lebron is trying to save himself for the playoffs but if you look at film he doesnt even bother playing help defense. He just stands there if his man doesnt have the ball. He's almost becoming a liability on the defensive side of the ball due to lack of effort.

I think the Cavs should limit his minutes to 28-33 a game and he should go 100% as much as he can.

pislit

He had his chance and blew it, the Bulls don't want Fatty Morebucks anymore.

anigif_35d3e7eeed3cab0b3c2f96d5833be57e-0.gif

Isola says the Knicks and Clippers can get a deal done without the Knicks getting Griffin, Jordan or Paul. Most likely a deal involving Crawford, Rivers and picks.

Rivers will never trade away his son, that's not how nepotism works.

They have the highest payroll in the NBA. They had the highest payroll in the NBA last season. If GM Lebron didn't really push for them to give ridiculous contracts to trash like Tristan and Shumpert, they might have some flexibility. The spending isn't the problem, the problem is that Lebron wants to run everything and when it doesn't work he blames everyone else.

That's why he has a losing record in the Finals despite being one of the most talented players ever and playing in super teams for a good part of his career. It's because he's an asshole.

Things are blowing up in Chicago. Rondo firing back at Jimmy and D-Wade now:

Rondo really sucks ass, don't even know why the Bulls bothered signing him.

Jimmy Butler is like 80% of the team and the Bulls easily lose 4-5 close 4th quarter games this year if they don't have him.

Rondo is full of shit. Fuck him.

Wade is trash though, I'm not going to disagree there.

Alot of that is Rondo being frustrated with being benched and being trash in Chicago, but what he says regarding the whole team isn't that bad.

And honestly, if other players feel that way, it's better if Rondo, The trash player who will get targeted anyways, speaks up about it

Fjordson

Note: I don't know anything Chicago's locker room so I don't know if he's right or wrong. Just find it entertaining, especially coming from someone as bad as Rondo.

Fjordson

Reserves for the Western all-stars: Russ, Klay, Draymond, Cousins, M Gasol, DeAndre and Hayward.

Hmm. Feel like it should have been Gobert over DeAndre.

Bread

Banned
weird reaction in here to rondo's statement.

seems like he's the only one respecting the work that's being put in by the guys not named wade and butler. good for him to stand up to their bullshit.

Fjordson

Rondo in Cleveland would be dope. He'd sink the Cavs so the Dubs could repeat. Maybe even get in some homophobic slurs @ the Warriors as he's walking off the floor in the final game.

TTG

So much for the center position being dead, 4 all stars in the west are centers. DJ is the Clips' only all star, no Aldridge.

Fjordson

Think Lebron is the oldest all-star this year at 32. Weird.

So much for the center position being dead, 4 all stars in the west are centers. DJ is the Clips' only all star, no Aldridge.
Plus Embiid, KAT, Jokic and Gobert. Center position is beastly right now.

Reserves for the Western all-stars: Russ, Klay, Draymond, Cousins, M Gasol, DeAndre and Hayward.

Hmm. Feel like it should have been Gobert over DeAndre.

Klay?

Also Lillard is probably going to go off again, Portland did the same last year after ASB, but him getting snubbed is legitimate.

Gobert should probably should be in over deandre. That, or Conley gets in for the wild card.

I'm thinking about it, and honestly, if the cavs were actually willing to roll the dice this might work.

If Rondo could win a championship, and was this willing to be on the bench? And he had a tally good shooters? Yeah, it could work.

I mean, tbf to Rondo, he was never going to be able to shoot, and throwing him on a team without shooters was guaranteed to make him look like utter shit

Fjordson

Yeah, Klay is borderline, but I don't know who else they would put there. I guess Lillard, but he's reached a new low on defense this year and Portland as a team is a dumpster fire. Whether it's right or not, team accomplishments are often used as arguments for players when it comes to NBA awards.

It probably should have been CP 3 voted in with Klay as an injury replacement.

I'm surprised at all the Embiid votes. The kid is great but it's his first real season and the Sixers are still bad. I would find it odd they gave him a spot.

Benefits of weaker fan vote:

1) no Zaza pachulia
2) The full collection of east guards managed to get in (Wall/IT/Lowry/Kemba/DeRozan/Kyrie) without wade forcing a snub. Tbf, I would actually say only Kemba or DeRozan might be considered decent/fair backups for Kyrie, because wall, IT, and Lowry are all way ahead of him (Lowry is so far ahead of the other guards IMO it's ridiculous). Inside the NBA was making fun of Kyrie only being top 25 on Barkley's list, iirc only put Westbrook and curry definitively over him (harden is still as sg because Kenny doesn't want to think of himself as a shorty or something)

Downsides of weaker fan vote:
1) No starting Westbrook
2) No Embiid as an all star.

Fjordson

I'm surprised at all the Embiid votes. The kid is great but it's his first real season and the Sixers are still bad. I would find it odd they gave him a spot.
I think I agree. Embiid's workload is also pretty light compared to these other guys. Like 25 MPG and doesn't play on back to backs.

Top Bottom