• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

Anyone interested in running some 5 on 5 team up games? I know since they introduced mypark last year that all everyone seems to want to do is play as their own player but I'm hoping there are still some NBA fans here that want to play team ball. Send me a message on psn if you're down, I created a community on PSN and I'm hoping to get enough guys in there where we could start up a 5 on 5 consistently. psn: pistolpete2940

Coppanuva

Anyone interested in running some 5 on 5 team up games? I know since they introduced mypark last year that all everyone seems to want to do is play as their own player but I'm hoping there are still some NBA fans here that want to play team ball. Send me a message on psn if you're down, I created a community on PSN and I'm hoping to get enough guys in there where we could start up a 5 on 5 consistently. psn: pistolpete2940

I'd be up for it some. I'll send a message when I get home (and I'd love an invite to the community psn: coppanuva)

Just to be clear high school games mean zilch right? I made a new guy and I am really thinking about just starting a game and then going back to it later lol

Justified

Just to be clear high school games mean zilch right? I made a new guy and I am really thinking about just starting a game and then going back to it later lol

Correct, In fact I would say the entire "Living the Dream" story means zilch. You dont start building your My Player till season 2

Correct, In fact I would say the entire "Living the Dream" story means zilch. You dont start building your My Player till season 2
I guess I want to be drafted high but don't really give a shit

Yeah the first part is such a drag. I'd rather go I drafted than have to sit through this HS and college shit again

dakun

it's really weird... before each version of NBA2k is released i'm always super hyped for the MyPlayer stuff.. but as soon as i start to play it i quickly lose interest and just start a MyGM career.

So much more interesting building your team, doing trades, Scouting and most importantly controlling all 5 players on the field and not having to deal with stupid AI

Only problem i have overall (and that is my mistake) is that i can't seem to bring myself to play anything less than 10minute quarters because i want to results and stats to be somewhat realistic.. and i fear simulating too many games because often time it messes up stats i build for the players and the team. So each year i'm stuck playing like 2-3 seasons max before the next game releases because i play a majority of the games per season with each game taking nearly 1 hour.

it's really weird... before each version of NBA2k is released i'm always super hyped for the MyPlayer stuff.. but as soon as i start to play it i quickly lose interest and just start a MyGM career.

So much more interesting building your team, doing trades, Scouting and most importantly controlling all 5 players on the field and not having to deal with stupid AI

Only problem i have overall (and that is my mistake) is that i can't seem to bring myself to play anything less than 10minute quarters because i want to results and stats to be somewhat realistic.. and i fear simulating too many games because often time it messes up stats i build for the players and the team. So each year i'm stuck playing like 2-3 seasons max before the next game releases because i play a majority of the games per season with each game taking nearly 1 hour.

I feel the same way. I usually play 8-9 min quarters to get that realistic stat count during the season. Something new this year that looks really interesting is the relocation feature. It has a ton of options to relocate teams. 60 different locations and you can customize the wazoo out of your team from logo, court design and uniforms. Been seeing some real creative stuff online from other users. Adds to the fun of running a franchise.

Yeah, I like doing MyCareer, but right now all I really want to do is max my guy out for the park and that grind just...takes a long time. I didn't want to do 6 min Q but I realized I'm not really going to give a shit when I'm in the park a bunch and I have to do it all over again next year anyways.

As for franchise games, I like my 12 min Q so I'll usually just check and see if my next opponent looks any fun/challenging to play, and if not, it gets simmed

For MyCareer, I would just cheese in the actual NBA games because it simulates the season with the stats you had in the games you actually played so you could literally average 40/10/10 with a 55 overall player and win MVP and knock out some of those season records lol.

Also for those that play MyGM or MyLeague, I believe they have an option now to normalize stats if you play with less minutes. I haven't actually looked at how it works but I did see the option.

Justified

Yeah, I like doing MyCareer, but right now all I really want to do is max my guy out for the park and that grind just...takes a long time. I didn't want to do 6 min Q but I realized I'm not really going to give a shit when I'm in the park a bunch and I have to do it all over again next year anyways.

As for franchise games, I like my 12 min Q so I'll usually just check and see if my next opponent looks any fun/challenging to play, and if not, it gets simmed

Yea I grind to get the badges I want, I think Im done with MyCareer Now.

Im in Month January of my 2nd Season, and have the main badges I wanted for MyPark. Posterizer, Brick Wall, and Relentless Finisher.

So it didnt take long, but I might try to grind it out for a few more attribute points

Yea I grind to get the badges I want, I think Im done with MyCareer Now.

Im in Month January of my 2nd Season, and have the main badges I wanted for MyPark. Posterizer, Brick Wall, and Relentless Finisher.

So it didnt take long, but I might try to grind it out for a few more attribute points

I did the badge grind last year, I absolutely refuse to waste another second on that shit this year. It was the worst, especially pursuing dead eye, which people should only get if they consistently take awful shots.

I figure, why grind for certain things if it's not natural to my game. If the badges come to me they will, but I'm not going out of my way to acquire something I'm not going to use all that much.

Turn off out of bounds. I'm serious.

50% less clock stoppages

Defense matters more, you can get a turnover off a power block

I always do this in NBA games even tho I play sort of sim, just don't cheese it, but it will speed up your games significantly over the course of seasons

Justified

I did the badge grind last year, I absolutely refuse to waste another second on that shit this year. It was the worst, especially pursuing dead eye, which people should only get if they consistently take awful shots.

I figure, why grind for certain things if it's not natural to my game. If the badges come to me they will, but I'm not going out of my way to acquire something I'm not going to use all that much.

Badges last year were glitch. I agree It killed my drive to play a full MyCareer this year

I when I say grind I meant actually playing the games. The badges I got are along my playstyle which is why I got them in half a season without cheesing.

What I would like to see is being allow to earn badge playing MyPark also. I actually think it would be better that way

So how does this game play? Any differences from 2K15?

Yes for the better. Its more balanced vs everyone is KD on the court like last year

BIG_V-G-V

Banned

Count me in, i'll hit u on psn.

What I would like to see is being allow to earn badge playing MyPark also. I actually think it would be better that way

I would be so down with this.

Really all I want to do is play in the Park with my friends, but we're all having to progress our guys on the side because we know down the road our 88 overalls aren't going to hang with the majority of people there lol

I just do not understand why in the actual fuck we have do all these high school games

We should have just picked out damn school and then played maybe three college games and call it a wrap

But no

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
I just do not understand why in the actual fuck we have do all these high school games

We should have just picked out damn school and then played maybe three college games and call it a wrap

But no

Once you get through your first year in the NBA you realize every game you played was just to slightly entertain you while you watch the stupid ass story.

Once you get through your first year in the NBA you realize every game you played was just to slightly entertain you while you watch the stupid ass story.
This is the second guy I've decided to make and it's so much worse the second time around. I even skipped through all the cut scenes the first time and it annoys me even more now!

Coppanuva

But no

It's to build out the characters of Vic and CeeCee. I mean, look at the deep characterization Vic goes through as you repeatedly see him crouched down low taking videos of random peoples' asses as they walk.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
This is the second guy I've decided to make and it's so much worse the second time around. I even skipped through all the cut scenes the first time and it annoys me even more now!

I can't even imagine putting myself through another run through the story. You da real MVP.

I personally miss the draft interviews where you could tell the GM that you didn't give a single fuck about his city and when he asked what you needed to work on, you could say "Nah I'm the GOAT already" or "lol I'm better than the guy already on your team "

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Wishlist for MyCareer in future games

- Bring back the Summer League, the Draft Combine and team tryouts
- Bring back the D-League with the ability to edit it's rosters if it's filled with fake players
- Give me more press conferences and more answers to pick from like last gen 2K
- Drop the cringeworthy cutscenes and storylines. Nobody cares about them and they ruin the experience. Just include cut scenes where you interact with your teammates and your team's staff and give us choices to make
- Drop the outrageous stat caps and give me more freedom in upgrading my stats like last gen, if this creates imbalances in the online modes find some other way to sort it out other than ruining my single player experience
- Hire decent voice actors and give us more voice options, not every NBA player is african american
- The Off-Day system this year is great, add more to that and bring back some options from past games like social media interactions etc

also it would be awesome if they could bring back College Hoops as a standalone digital title, where you could start your player from there and import him to 2K16.

RS4-

Looks like the East-West challenge is fucked up in MyTeam? I've got 6 East and 7 West players, still says I don't meet the reqs. All current players too.

And some of the challenges, bullshit, have to play against other players.

Lol the dunk contest in the game is more entertaining than the real life dunk contest

Too bad I made only one for a 39

realwords

I'd love to join a 5v5 or Pro-Am squad. Being a Power Forward in pickup Pro-Am games is dreadful, considering your whole team consists of 6'3-6'6 PG/SGs and you're pressured to maintain a paint presence and pick up a pre-made team's Center... instead of cutting from the charity stripe to the baseline as necessary.

PSN: realwords

Like others have said, I'm already over myplayer after a week. Playing Play Now games for now until the NBA season starts and we have accurate rosters.

The gameplay this year is INCREDIBLE. Best simulation of a sport in any game ever. I'd rather play random quick games than endure the painfully cliché story mode and struggle with a weak ass SG who can't hit wide open shots.

RS4-

Well, good old RNG, best players I got out of the first tier of domination: Westbrook, Dwight, Kyrie, and Leondard.

Sandfox

But no
They wanted to show the recruitment process.
Wishlist for MyCareer in future games

- Bring back the Summer League, the Draft Combine and team tryouts
- Bring back the D-League with the ability to edit it's rosters if it's filled with fake players
- Give me more press conferences and more answers to pick from like last gen 2K
- Drop the cringeworthy cutscenes and storylines. Nobody cares about them and they ruin the experience. Just include cut scenes where you interact with your teammates and your team's staff and give us choices to make
- Drop the outrageous stat caps and give me more freedom in upgrading my stats like last gen, if this creates imbalances in the online modes find some other way to sort it out other than ruining my single player experience
- Hire decent voice actors and give us more voice options, not every NBA player is african american
- The Off-Day system this year is great, add more to that and bring back some options from past games like social media interactions etc

also it would be awesome if they could bring back College Hoops as a standalone digital title, where you could start your player from there and import him to 2K16.
The teammate scenes from last year were far worse than what we got this year and I'm not sure if 2k will ever hire more voices lol. Also, I don't see the caps ever going away because certain aspects like speed need a cap in every game mode.

In regards to the stat cap, I like it better now. There were simply too many tall do it all guys last year and it really was kind of bullshit. Now you really have to pick a play style and that's more realistic

However I do wish we could improve what we want though, with more freedom. What if I'm a true center and want to raise shot close but leave mid range or 3 pt alone? Or what if I want lots of strength and not as much speed? The system can definitely be better

You know I think if 2K insists on keeping some kind of story mode, I would be down with bringing back a Jackson Ellis type character but way more fleshed out. 2K14 MyCareer had so much potential. At least you were able to make choices back then.

In regards to the stat cap, I like it better now. There were simply too many tall do it all guys last year and it really was kind of bullshit. Now you really have to pick a play style and that's more realistic

However I do wish we could improve what we want though, with more freedom. What if I'm a true center and want to raise shot close but leave mid range or 3 pt alone? Or what if I want lots of strength and not as much speed? The system can definitely be better

I don't think 2K will ever go back to this. Especially for MyPlayer specifically so we spend VC for boosts. I'm not sure what MyPark cards do yet but I bet they want you to spend VC on that too.

I agree that I wish we could fine tune our stats a little better.

tylerf

Surprised at the prices people will pay for dynamic rating cards. Sold my dynamic Westbook for a ton and then bought back the normal version for 1/5 of the price. Can't see him having a better season than he did last year now that KD is back.

Franchise mode is pretty entertaining, I can see many hours being lost in that.

In fact, I'm enjoying Franchise more, as MyPlayer is far too sluggish by default due to that silly 55 overall start. Also the inability to hit jump shots, and defenders squaring up against you hard makes it hard to score points haha

Damn, I kinda want to go make a quicker PG because Derick Rose blows by everybody on MyTeam but I don't want to make a freaking 5'7 PG to be just as fast as him.

RS4-

Well this is fucking dumb. Opened up a pack, got one of my favorite players and...he's not even in the collection. Straight up missing.

charsace

Mycareer really is bad this year. It is fucking painful. Practice mode is also terrible. Who the hell decided that you can't change the camera in this mode?

Top Bottom