• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

charsace

2K16 STILL has spacing problems and the AI will still send your teammates into your driving lane to cause "accidental turnovers."

ekim

No. I won all my games.

Yeah. In my 5th try I also won.

Btw: I'm playing on the second lowest difficulty setting and I'm just so bad. I'm a complete newbie to basketball in general and I'm so overwhelmed by everything. I get constantly downgraded in the rookie season and have a playtime of maybe a few minutes in the first and last quarter. But my agent and family are hyping the shit out of me. Am I just too bad and broke the script or is this simply bad writing? How could I even compete with all those 80+ players?(I'm still rookie season)

Coppanuva

Yeah. In my 5th try I also won.

Btw: I'm playing on the second lowest difficulty setting and I'm just so bad. I'm a complete newbie to basketball in general and I'm so overwhelmed by everything. I get constantly downgraded in the rookie season and have a playtime of maybe a few minutes in the first and last quarter. But my agent and family are hyping the shit out of me. Am I just too bad and broke the script or is this simply bad writing? How could I even compete with all those 80+ players?(I'm still rookie season)

It's mostly how it is for everyone. Some people will be better due to experience, but you'll get kinda trampled on until you start upgrading your stats more. The way I see it, your agent/friends are just hyping you up to be nice and get either whatever they want out of you, or to support you.

ekim

It's mostly how it is for everyone. Some people will be better due to experience, but you'll get kinda trampled on until you start upgrading your stats more. The way I see it, your agent/friends are just hyping you up to be nice and get either whatever they want out of you, or to support you.

I got my own pair of Jordans and also the media hyped me up (at least during college) lol

But I really have to give credit to 2K for doing such a story mode. Add the perfect presentation and you have the best sports game in terms of immersion and atmosphere.

TheBoss1

Not sure what you're getting at.

The tier system is there to provide wins if you can beat a higher tiered team. Of course most people are going to play with tier 1 teams, that's why the incentive of extra W's is there if you can beat them with a lowered tiered team. Even if they kept the old system where you were taken to a screen to see your opponent's team, you'd most likely still face the best squads. That's what happens in online sports games.

I am in the Euroleague on PS4. At this level people are masters of Isomotion and it's almost impossible to stop Kyrie or any other quick PG. I'm someone who plays on ball 98% of the time, but I've had to implement an onball/offball hybrid setup. It's pretty easy to beat people who play consistently play offball. Call plays specifically for the player they are guarding to get open shots. This will get your teammate moving and force the player controlling the off ball defender to do the same. If they switch to another player do the same thing. You want to punish them for doing this style of play and most won't expect it.
I am guilty of playing off-ball with the center but I actually punish people for trying that method. I just prefer to protect the rim and force a team to shoot jumpshots because they can't make all of them. I don't care if it's Noah or Howard or a jumpshooting center, I will control the center.
I wanna wait until it's $40.

But I might just break.

I'm having the same dillema lol

Sometimes I run a pick and pop on the wing and the big man will for some reason run to the corner as I turn the pick, and runs straight into the defender on the corner instead of just going to the elbow area. WTF?

abuC

Sometimes I run a pick and pop on the wing and the big man will for some reason run to the corner as I turn the pick, and runs straight into the defender on the corner instead of just going to the elbow area. WTF?

Someone on OS has been posting these videos of the stupid AI at work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEwVhOB3oTg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGV12_xYyLI&feature=youtu.be

Yes it is. Full court presses are useless and easy to score on without really trying.

As soon as I see the Rockets, Thunder or Cavs pop up I know what to expect. Nonstop turboing up the court with Harden/Bron/Westbrook, I had someone go on a FB off a freethrow, my guys just stood there and didn't get back.

Laws00

Is the story mode really so corny that its almost endearingly good?

saw some people on my fb post a 3 minute video. got me kinda interested

I really wish in free agency you can see who you're signing with, and I hope we eventually get to tell them to ship certain people out.

lol

12109785_10106741168032100_2568407134589861591_o.jpg

JSub11

Can somebody post some pics of my boy, Jeremy Lin? Every year, they make him look like a monster, and I'm wondering if this year is any better. Maybe the devs just don't know how to model Asians. Thanks in advance!

abuC

Except Pro-Am I dont know what you are talking about.

The broken mechanics, transition defense is completely broken and can be exploited like the older games, so that's all anyone does in the play online games. You play a never ending stream of Cavs, Rockets and Thunder because those teams have guys that can finish at the rim and are fast. The "limit transition" setting is useless against LeBron, Harden and Westbrook, there's almost no fatigue in the play now games so those guys almost never come off the floor despite people spamming turbo.

Sandfox

The broken mechanics, transition defense is completely broken and can be exploited like the older games, so that's all anyone does in the play online games. You play a never ending stream of Cavs, Rockets and Thunder because those teams have guys that can finish at the rim and are fast. The "limit transition" setting is useless against LeBron, Harden and Westbrook, there's almost no fatigue in the play now games so those guys almost never come off the floor despite people spamming turbo.

I don't really think you can blame the devs for people swarming to the best teams and players.

I know about the problems with transition defense so if you are reducing 2k16 to online play against random cheesing 9 year old kids that are explicitly looking to exploit the game by any means then you are right. But not in any other aspect. The game plays extremely well against the cpu and this year you can see the influence that da_czar and his crew have on the development even more. I was done with 2k after the last years too but blaming them this year for a broken game is just not right. They did a great job.

abuC

I know about the problems with transition defense so if you are reducing 2k16 to online play against random cheesing 9 year old kids that are explicitly looking to exploit the game by any means then you are right. But not in any other aspect. The game plays extremely well against the cpu and this year you can see the influence that da_czar and his crew have on the development even more. I was done with 2k after the last years too but blaming them this year for a broken game is just not right. They did a great job.

I'm trying to get into a sim league, playing online now games is making me dislike the game but I guess if I played in a league where that stuff could be monitored it would be better. I've had some good games online, but they are so few and far between. The game is good, but the exploits just make me want to stop playing, or just play offline.

Clevinger

I really wish in free agency you can see who you're signing with, and I hope we eventually get to tell them to ship certain people out.

lol

12109785_10106741168032100_2568407134589861591_o.jpg

IIRC you can see the rosters. When the three teams you select are offering contracts it lets you know on the bottom of the screen you can hit like triangle or something to check out their roster.

IIRC you can see the rosters. When the three teams you select are offering contracts it lets you know on the bottom of the screen you can hit like triangle or something to check out their roster.
You can, I posted too soon, but I couldn't remember if it was rosters before or after the draft/free agency.

Look all I know is we had 36 million in cap room, and we spent it on extending Whiteside, giving 35 year old dwyane wade a three year extension at 12 million each, and signing JJ Hickson. What a fucking splash,

They really gotta tune down the shooting % on HOF. It's kind of absurd when both teams usually shoot above 60% and the score is usually at 100 by the time we've hit the end of the 3rd.

Also I wish you could tell your coach to play you LESS. He's running me into the ground like Doc Rivers did to Magic T-Mac!

Blablurn

if someone had told me, in the beginning of the year, that NBA 2K16 will have longer cutscenes than MGSV I would have thought that the dude is crazy.

hold the left trigger for lock down defense but let go and follow when they do a juke/crossover

I've been trying this and getting my butt handed to me. It seems super easy for the A.I. to lose me. It still feels like I'm doing something wrong. Like as soon as the A.I. player spins at all, or enters any kind of player traffic, it breaks the lock and it's over. Just hold L2 when I'm facing the player, right? When they pivot, am I supposed to pivot with them or does the game do it on it's own as long as I'm holding down L2?

Is any one else getting any crAshing issues with the game. I swear I keep getting blue screened ons4 every time I try to go into a game on ps4

abuC

Jesus christ, I just played the Warriors and while defending the ball my CPU teammate would just leave Draymond Green open at the top of the key. I had it set to "tight" then "deny" and Rudy Gay constantly kept helping to the ball without any reason to do so and Green absolutely killed me. He never picked up Green in transition either, the help logic on defensive rotations is broken.

They really gotta tune down the shooting % on HOF. It's kind of absurd when both teams usually shoot above 60% and the score is usually at 100 by the time we've hit the end of the 3rd.

Also I wish you could tell your coach to play you LESS. He's running me into the ground like Doc Rivers did to Magic T-Mac!

Higher shooting % comes naturally with Superstar & HOF. Superstar & HOF does not mean the AI plays smarter, the cpu players stats just get boosted by a certain amount. Higher shooting % is therefore intended on these settings.

charsace

The biggest issue that they haven't fixed since they introduced my career is dumb as fuck teammates who don't move and obviously sabotage you when they can, especially on drives.

Started over my career, made a 6'6 sg and that is way better than the 6'3 sg I had before. He feels faster than the 6'3 sg even though the 6'3 sg had a higher speed rating.

sdornan

Has anyone else noticed that the bass is way too damn loud? I have to turn my volume down incredibly low so that it doesn't grate on my nerves.

The biggest issue that they haven't fixed since they introduced my career is dumb as fuck teammates who don't move and obviously sabotage you when they can, especially on drives.

Started over my career, made a 6'6 sg and that is way better than the 6'3 sg I had before. He feels faster than the 6'3 sg even though the 6'3 sg had a higher speed rating.

I realized last year in MyCareer mode, a lot of what your teammates will do is based off of their tendency ratings. So what's actually made it more enjoyable for me is that I have to learn when it's appropriate to get certain players the ball and where. For instance anytime I throw to Hassan Whiteside, I'm never getting the ball back unless we're running a set play, and I know this.

yeah transition defense is a problem--set POE to limit transition, and my guys just jog back, they don't sprint-- I had anthony davis outrunning my guards AFTER a scoring play--I manually changed to the guy nearest to him to slow him down--Kobe, but he just finished right over him.

demolitio

It's amazing how much better luck I have with the MyTeam packs in this game compared to Madden. I've opened 55 packs in Madden (no money spent) and the highest player I got was an 82 with most of them being 75.

I open up 2 of the packs with the highest odds in this and get Steph Curry in the second pack. I've always gotten better stuff in this game compared to other sports games so I'm sure the odds are better in this. Now if only they would allow trades (that's not possible, right?).

Nori Chan

Apparently my xbox one decided to download NBA 2K16 for no reason. o_O

And it seems like the full game. Am I crazy or just lucky? I account share with a buddy of mine but he said he didn't buy it lol

Justified

Apparently my xbox one decided to download NBA 2K16 for no reason. o_O

And it seems like the full game. Am I crazy or just lucky? I account share with a buddy of mine but he said he didn't buy it lol

Yea The Jordan edition on XBone gave the full game with the DLC somehow

charsace

X1 player looking for 2 others to run with in my park. I am sick of randoms just chucking and not passing and playing no defense. I am a 6'6 sg.

Top Bottom