• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
WOJBOMB

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/912790082343587840

Dwyane Wade plans to sign with Cleveland once he clears waivers on Wednesday, league sources tell ESPN.

10manaction_5.jpg

Slizeezyc

Kyrie admits he was trolling about the flat earth talk
DKpltqNVYAAQI_y.jpg

Haha what a trash take after the fact as a JK DUDEZ. Also, yes, it does mean your intellectual capacity is less. It's like saying "there are no facts, only arguments" only it's science not fucking law school, so this doesn't make any sense other than creating a toxic environment just for kicks. It's shortsighted, stupid, and makes him look even worse than if he was just being ignorant.

Jarate

Banned
That makes it even worse. Boston is garbage franchise.

Can we just talk about how Boston fans booed their own players because they decided to peacefully protest against black people getting shot for no reason? A team that has provided them with probably so much money, happiness, and enjoyment.

I went to the Packer game, and I didn't hear a single boo despite our team having a few players sit down. I regularly see infowars bumper stickers around here.

It's a blackmark on the fanbase that shouldnt be something that's just shrugged away

I'm not shrugging away racism in sports or America in general, I'm shrugging away bringing up patriots fans booing their team in the NBA thread as a way to shit on Celtics fans.

legend166

Wait, I legitimately thought he was from Australia.

Edit:

I think he may be an Australian who was born in New Zealand.

He was born in NZ but grew up in Australia and plays for the Australian national team. He carried around the Aussie flag after winning the chip with the Spurs.

We've claimed him, just like Russell Crowe.

I dunno if it was talked about here and there's bigger stories but I was listening to my local sports station (the ticket in Dallas) and Carlisle was quoted at the training camp presser that he intends to start Dirk at the 5 and have Noel come off the bench for the beginning of the season.

I'm like "fking really??!??? Start Dirk at the 5 at forty freaking years old....

Is this really the time to get fucking petty Cuban. Like it's always fucking something with him. I mean I get it, you fucked up resigning Noel and maybe it was to save money for Seth, but don't do this fking BS posturing and petty bullshit at Dirks expense.

Boogs31

I dunno if it was talked about here and there's bigger stories but I was listening to my local sports station (the ticket in Dallas) and Carlisle was quoted at the training camp presser that he intends to start Dirk at the 5 and have Noel come off the bench for the beginning of the season.

I'm like "fking really??!??? Start Dirk at the 5 at forty freaking years old....

Is this really the time to get fucking petty Cuban. Like it's always fucking something with him. I mean I get it, you fucked up resigning Noel and maybe it was to save money for Seth, but don't do this fking BS posturing and petty bullshit at Dirks expense.

I don't think it's that crazy or for non basketball reasons. Dirk doesn't play many minutes and typically comes out 5 minutes into each half. Noel would come in at the 7 minute mark of the first and third quarters. Dirk is a defensive liability at this stage and his most impactful position last year was center because it maximizes the teams offensive spacing and versatility. They also want to have some minutes to play Barnes at power forward which is also his most effective position.

<3 NBA

Bron better be serving up some of his bionic parts to his teammates at this point.

They'll want to get them from Tristan Thompson, actually. He's missed like 3 games in his career or something.

the one free throw shot he needed to miss...

Kyrie admits he was trolling about the flat earth talk
DKpltqNVYAAQI_y.jpg

don't believe his lies.

TTG

And popular opinion has to be that Rose is the most washed of the 3, how unlikely would that have sounded? Regardless: GSW Cavs just got a sizable bump to MVP, all star, and ringz counts if that's a line up they have starting for Christmas. I wonder where it will be historically, I'm sure some redditor will tally them up.

And popular opinion has to be that Rose is the most washed of the 3, how unlikely would that have sounded? Regardless: GSW Cavs just got a sizable bump to MVP, all star, and ringz counts if that's a line up they have starting for Christmas. I wonder where it will be historically, I'm sure some redditor will tally them up.

Is Rose actually more washed up than Wade?

random25

I would say Wade is more washed up than Rose at this point. Rose is just more brittle.

Washed VERY being relative, since they can both give you 20-27mpg and 15-20ppg on 45%+ shooting.

Assuming they can stay healthy, they'll be fine. They're not going to be asked to do any more than that.

They probably are "washed" on defense at this point, relative or not. We'll figure it out in between scoring 120ppg.

ViciousDS

Banned

Rose is definitely not more washed than wade. He's just way more brittle. Give them limited minutes and they will still put 18 points or so a night while distributing well.

Playoff rose is a WAY different rose. See the last cavs vs bulls series when it was the last time rose was on that team. 7 assists and 20 points for the playoffs. It wasn't efficient but other than jimmy butler there was literally no one else who could really score on the team.

It's also the only time you will see him drive like he normally did in the past.

He averaged like 24 points against the cavs in that series and exposed kyries absolutely horrid defense. He literally was walking right by him with no effort. Multiple 30 point games.

Difference is the Cavs are absurdly deep, especially once IT comes back. Wade and Rose will probably be 7 and 8 in mpg, not 3 and 4 like Payton and Malone were.

just on the feeling side

old washed veterans for a last hurrah

granted, this wade thing for 2,3M is a no brainer

didn't TThompson just made pregnant a Kardashian?

he's done

edit: yeah, the madman

Someone who watches the Cavs closer that I do, did Zaza take Tristan's soul in the finals or was it a legit regression in last year's playoffs for him?

Tactics imo. Part of the reason Steph's rpg numbers went up (some he battled hard for it obvs, but 1-2+ were due to TT get boxed). They targeted boxing him out (Zaza, Dray in particular) to ensure he didn't dominate. When TT plays well, the entire team get a jolt of energy when they play.

jmizzal

I would say Wade is more washed up than Rose at this point. Rose is just more brittle.

Based on the numbers Wade is a lil better, surprisingly tho, Wade was still a solid shot blocker for a SG still prob best of all time at the position and avg 1.4 steals a game last year.

I think Wade can be more effective then Rose, Wade was also a much better 3 point shooter then Rose last year

Top Bottom