• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Regular Season 2017-18 |OT| KD's chip, IT's hip, LeBron's Sinking Ship

DMf-R3jWsAAVMhY.jpg

DMhMWOgV4AAM-Ck.jpg

MVP

bionic77

Remember that time Cedric dunked on Jordan so hard Mike had to fake an injury so that he could go back to the locker room and cry? That's the NBA life. You gotta be ready to dish if out and be ready to take it.
Which time are you talking about because I can remember that happening at least twice.

The first time was when Ced got so high that his dick slapped Jordan full on in the eye. I will give Jordan a break for crying after that.

The other time was just the tears that come when you realize someone is always going to be better than you. In fact I heard the Monstars were inspired by MJs fear of Ced.

Jarate

Banned
That Lakers offense was anemic af. Last year they had Lou Will, Swaggy P, and D'Lo and were still not the best shooting team on earth.They literally lost their 3 best shooters and replaced them with Lopez (Who is good, but isn't a game changer) and Lonzo Ball.

I could easily see them being the worst team in the league, which is hilarious, considering that they dont have a 1st rounder, which couldve easily been Luka Doncic

Which time are you talking about because I can remember that happening at least twice.

The first time was when Ced got so high that his dick slapped Jordan full on in the eye. I will give Jordan a break for crying after that.

The other time was just the tears that come when you realize someone is always going to be better than you. In fact I heard the Monstars were inspired by MJs fear of Ced.

I think it's what caused Mike to become a degenerate gambler.

valkyre

oh my....

Jarate

Banned
Sixers VS Celtics tonight fam, I hope the Sixers run out a lineup with Dario replacing Bayless due to the Celtics basically only having 1 guard.

Also, I really like Tatum so far (He honestly looks like the best player drafted RIGHT NOW, Fultz the jury is still out on whether his shot is fucking broke or if it's just an injury.) but I just have a bad feeling about Duke players in the NBA.

Brown has been looking really good though. Super impressed with him.

bionic77

That makes sense.

It's probably also what made him into a republican. I wonder if in addition to the eye injury he also had a concussion from the force of the impact.

M = FA everytime. And there was a lot of mass and force going into those beady eyes. It's just science.

Lol at people mad at Beverley for going after Lonzo.

His dad spent the last year hyping him up and trash talking the rest of the league. You really expected people to go easy and not gun for his ass?

Hype and exposure has its price.

Marz

I don't understand why this Lonzo kid has fans like in this thread and just in general.

Usually you have to be remarkable or electric to get a following like that. I remember when Lebron came into the league he was doing things I didn't know were possible...Lonzo has none of that so where does the fandom come from? Social media?

otapnam

Lol at people mad at Beverley for going after Lonzo.

His dad spent the last year hyping him up and trash talking the rest of the league. You really expected people to go easy and not gun for his ass?

Hype and exposure has its price.

I don't understand why this Lonzo kid has fans like in this thread and just in general.

Usually you have to be remarkable or electric to get a following like that. I remember when Lebron came into the league he was doing things I didn't know we're possible...Lonzo has none of that so where does the fandom come from? Social media?

Lonzo is so fucking casual out there. I expect him to get punked nightly unless he grows a pair

mnannola

Ball was super hyped up, and frankly seems way more hyped up that is deserved for whatever reason. Of course other PG's are going to go at him.

Fjordson

Usually you have to be remarkable or electric to get a following like that. I remember when Lebron came into the league he was doing things I didn't know were possible...Lonzo has none of that so where does the fandom come from? Social media?
Lonzo was great in high school and college. Has had lots of hype + his dad attracting a lot of attention and went to a major school in UCLA.

But yeah, been a little overhyped imo. Though I agree with whoever posted it on the last page - I don't quite get going after Lonzo because of his dad...every time I see or hear something from Lonzo directly he seems pretty mellow.

Ronin Ray

I am not a lonzo fan but comparing anyone to Leborn is just beyond crazy.

VeeP

You’re over thinking it. It’s just the “trash talk” strat being deployed to rattle the rookie. Beverly is particularly good at it so you see it often from him. It’s nothing personal.

It seemed personal tbh. Especially after his comments post game and to Lonzo. And that’s fine, I think a lot of us expected NBA players to target Lonzo because his dad was talking so much shit, but I’m gonna call it how I see it and it seemed childish to me.

A personal vendetta against a rookie because his dad made you upset, so your gonna be rough with his son at every single opportunity, and then when you blow his team out, your gonna go to the locker room acting like a big man and shouting “Weak ass mother fuckers, don’t put that mother fucker on me” and then refuse to comment on what he said post game.

Tbh I don't think Lonzo even gives a shit. He seems too mellow to care about dude's trash talking him because of his pops. He grew up with Lavar Ball, I think he's used to it.

It seemed personal tbh. Especially after his comments post game and to Lonzo. And that's fine, I think a lot of us expected NBA players to target Lonzo because his dad was talking so much shit, but I'm gonna call it how I see it and it seemed childish to me.

A personal vendetta against a rookie because his dad made you upset, so your gonna be rough with his son at every single opportunity, and then when you blow his team out, your gonna go to the locker room acting like a big man and shouting ”Weak ass mother fuckers, don't put that mother fucker on me" and then refuse to comment on what he said post game.

This is nothing, current nba is just soft. Nothing personal at all.. besides going after overhyped rookies to see if they're legit or not is normal.

I doubt Lonzo even cares to be honest.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Yeah. Lonzos pretty mellow. Nothing about his play or demeanor is arrogant. Gave props to Beverly. The people saying that likely have never watched him play before now and are forming an opinion on him based on Lavar Ball interviews. Guess you can’t blame them though. He’s like one of those obnoxious parents yelling stuff at your little league game haha

I’m more worried about Ingram. He looked bad. Couldn’t finish over anyone. The ball stopped moving and turned into iso every time he got it.

Is kcp back tonight. I didn’t understand Luke’s rotations at all...

VeeP

This is nothing, current nba is just soft. Nothing personal at all.. besides going after overhyped rookies to see if they're legit or not is normal.

I doubt Lonzo even cares to be honest.

Yea that’s true lol, comparing today’s NBA to the past always puts things in perspective. Maybe like someone else said I’m reading too much in it. Beverly is a pretty great defender so I’m sure he had fun getting into Lonzo’s Head and stuff.

Yeah. Lonzos pretty mellow. Nothing about his play or demeanor is arrogant. Gave props to Beverly. The people saying that likely have never watched him play before now and are forming an opinion on him based on Lavar Ball interviews. Guess you can’t blame them though. He’s like one of those obnoxious parents yelling stuff at your little league game haha

I’m more worried about Ingram. He looked bad. Couldn’t finish over anyone. The ball stopped moving and turned into iso every time he got it.

Ingram looks like hot trash.. kwame brown esque levels.
Yea that’s true lol, comparing today’s NBA to the past always puts things in perspective. Maybe like someone else said I’m reading too much in it. Beverly is a pretty great defender so I’m sure he had fun getting into Lonzo’s Head and stuff.

Yeah, Pat is known for being annoying.. Westbrook hates the guy. It might come across personal since the current nba landscape is very buddy buddy.

Jordan got dunked on that badly?? Are we talking Cedric Ceballos or Cedric Maxwell? I totally want to see footage of this.

KCP is out tonight. Hopefully Luke does the right thing and doesn't start Deng.

Love how Ingram says before the game that he needs to pattern his game after Durant. As soon as the game starts though he then plays like iso ball stopper Melo. WTF, the whole "he's the man" talk from Magic got into his head.

VeeP

Ingram looks like hot trash.. kwame brown esque levels.

Yeah, Pat is known for being annoying.. Westbrook hates the guy. It might come across personal since the current nba landscape is very buddy buddy.

Man watching him and Westbrook go at it is always awesome lol. After that whole injury thing I really feel like he hates Beverley.

KCP is out tonight. Hopefully Luke does the right thing and doesn't start Deng.

Love how Ingram says before the game that he needs to pattern his game after Durant. As soon as the game starts though he then plays like iso ball stopper Melo. WTF, the whole "he's the man" talk from Magic got into his head.

Bench Ingram, start Kuzma.

bionic77

Jordan got dunked on that badly?? Are we talking Cedric Ceballos or Cedric Maxwell? I totally want to see footage of this.
Nike deleted all evidence of the footage from YouTube.

I won't even answer the question of which Cedric me and Ninja are taking about. That is not worthy of a response.

I heard a guy named Loki has some old VHS foootsge of the dunk but he won't agree to share it with the world.

Kevtones

Rookie Top 10 after 1 game:

1. Dillon Brooks (leads in points, steals and blocks)
2. Ben Simmons
3. Dennis Smith Jr.
4. Jayson Tatum
5. De'Aaron Fox
6. Markell Fultz
7. Lauri Markkanen
8. Caleb Swanigan
9. OG Anunoby
10. Jordan Bell

2. Ben Simmons
3. Dennis Smith Jr.
4. Jayson Tatum
5. De'Aaron Fox
6. Markell Fultz
7. Lauri Markkanen
8. Caleb Swanigan
9. OG Anunoby
10. Jordan Bell

look at this blatant Dwayne Bacon disrespect.

2. Ben Simmons
3. Dennis Smith Jr.
4. Jayson Tatum
5. De'Aaron Fox
6. Markell Fultz
7. Lauri Markkanen
8. Caleb Swanigan
9. OG Anunoby
10. Jordan Bell

Where's my boy Donovan Mitchell?

Fjordson

I give Tatum a bump for doing what he did in an emotional game (Kyrie's return, Hayward's downfall, etc.) against a good team on the road. Was really impressed by him.

And of course doing that in one game means he's going to do that consistently for his entire career.

Nike deleted all evidence of the footage from YouTube.

I won't even answer the question of which Cedric me and Ninja are taking about. That is not worthy of a response.

I heard a guy named Loki has some old VHS foootsge of the dunk but he won't agree to share it with the world.

Like all Laker legends Cedric is on a first name basis. Magic, Kareem, Kobe, Shaq, Mike.

Jarmel

Banned

2. Ben Simmons
3. Dennis Smith Jr.
4. Jayson Tatum
5. De'Aaron Fox
6. Markell Fultz
7. Lauri Markkanen
8. Caleb Swanigan
9. OG Anunoby
10. Jordan Bell
Bell did that well?

Gigglepoo

2. Ben Simmons
3. Dennis Smith Jr.
4. Jayson Tatum
5. De'Aaron Fox
6. Markell Fultz
7. Lauri Markkanen
8. Caleb Swanigan
9. OG Anunoby
10. Jordan Bell

OG should be #1 for even getting on the court.

Chase17

People here are coming in hard against the Lakers huh. Just hope they don't win the lottery lol.

Sixers vs Celtics tonight is the most important game in years. Simmons vs Brown will change the way we perceive the sport. Woo!

Slizeezyc

Sixers VS Celtics tonight fam, I hope the Sixers run out a lineup with Dario replacing Bayless due to the Celtics basically only having 1 guard.

Also, I really like Tatum so far (He honestly looks like the best player drafted RIGHT NOW, Fultz the jury is still out on whether his shot is fucking broke or if it's just an injury.) but I just have a bad feeling about Duke players in the NBA.

Brown has been looking really good though. Super impressed with him.

Curious why you think Tatum looks the best so far? I think he's been playing within himself on the whole and the rebounding came as advertised, but he hasn't been overly efficient (his calling card) and has looked beatable on the wing. He looks like the same high floor guy to me so far, which isn't a bad thing, just hasn't blown me away at moments like DSJ or Fox or Simmons already have.

People here are coming in hard against the Lakers huh. Just hope they don't win the lottery lol.

Sixers vs Celtics tonight is the most important game in years. Simmons vs Brown will change the way we perceive the sport. Woo!

If they win the lottery the Sixers get the pick. If they don't, the Celtics get it (assuming the pick falls 2 to 6)

My hot take overreaction after all these rookie debuts:

Danny Ainge may be smarter than people think.

My hot take response to that is: you seen that team's bench? Nobody with that many picks and ASSETS over these years should have a bench that ass.

Bread

Banned
Crazy to think that just over a year ago Ainge was made fun of for drafting Jayling Brown. Now he's a bonafide superstar dunking on Lebron and leading the Celtics to multiple victories. Unbelievable.

Top Bottom