• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Regular Season 2017-18 |OT| KD's chip, IT's hip, LeBron's Sinking Ship

bionic77

Crazy to think that just over a year ago Ainge was made fun of for drafting Jayling Brown. Now he's a bonafide superstar dunking on Lebron and leading the Celtics to multiple victories. Unbelievable.
Impressive where the Celtics are in the standings.

Hope they stay right where they are. Not just for this season. But for many years to come as well.

I give all credit to Danny Ainge and whoever the hell you are taking about (does he play in the NBA?) for where there are currently.

Jarate

Banned
Curious why you think Tatum looks the best so far? I think he's been playing within himself on the whole and the rebounding came as advertised, but he hasn't been overly efficient (his calling card) and has looked beatable on the wing. He looks like the same high floor guy to me so far, which isn't a bad thing, just hasn't blown me away at moments like DSJ or Fox or Simmons already have.

If they win the lottery the Sixers get the pick. If they don't, the Celtics get it (assuming the pick falls 2 to 6)

My hot take response to that is: you seen that team's bench? Nobody with that many picks and ASSETS over these years should have a bench that ass.

I don't count Simmons, as I said those drafted in this years draft. Tatum hasnt had nearly as many oppurtunities as those guys, Ive liked his size, and his scoring ability inside, and I know his shot can fall. DSJ is literally the 2nd best player on the Mavs (Noel is #1 but apparently dude has issues off the court). Fox might be one of the best players on the kings.

I didnt get too watch too much DSJ and Fox though.

Fjordson

My hot take response to that is: you seen that team's bench? Nobody with that many picks and ASSETS over these years should have a bench that ass.
Breh. It was a half-joking evaluation of this year’s draft class based on a one game sample size lol.

Just saying that I like Tatum’s potential.

Lol at people mad at Beverley for going after Lonzo.

His dad spent the last year hyping him up and trash talking the rest of the league. You really expected people to go easy and not gun for his ass?

Hype and exposure has its price.

Brev is not gonna be the only one after his ass.

I think this is great for Ball though. If he can grow a pair and toughen it out, he can learn a lot from these defenders. Maybe Pop would be kind enough to put Kawhi on him for a quarter or so.

Jarate

Banned
Crazy to think that just over a year ago Ainge was made fun of for drafting Jayling Brown. Now he's a bonafide superstar dunking on Lebron and leading the Celtics to multiple victories. Unbelievable.

XFVbYPs.jpg

Multiple victories

gutshot

Don't discount his ability this year to know that the Monstars would be coming to steal away Fultz's shooting stroke and Ball's balls. True visionary.

Fjordson

Looks like Draymond is playing tonight. Kind of surprised they aren’t giving him at least one game off this early in the season, but hopefully that means he’s feeling good.

mnannola

Looks like Draymond is playing tonight. Kind of surprised they aren’t giving him at least one game off this early in the season, but hopefully that means he’s feeling good.

Maybe they don't want to fall behind 0-2? Who else is going to stop AD tonight?

Bread

Banned
Unbelievable. Only a few days into the season and the Celtics have clinched the playoff seed tournament thanks to their two rookies, Jayling Brown and Abdul Nader.

blakep267

Rookie Top 10 after 1 game:

1. Dillon Brooks (leads in points, steals and blocks)
2. Ben Simmons
3. Dennis Smith Jr.
4. Jayson Tatum
5. De'Aaron Fox
6. Markell Fultz
7. Lauri Markkanen
8. Caleb Swanigan
9. OG Anunoby
10. Jordan Bell

Give me Ben Simmons any day. 18 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals 1 block

Fjordson

Maybe they don't want to fall behind 0-2? Who else is going to stop AD tonight?
0-2 ain't much in the grand scheme of things.

Obviously I can't speak for the coaching staff, but based on interviews and what local media covering the team has said these past two seasons, the priority is health for a finals run. The regular season is almost just a tune-up for that.

Yep. Teams are not allowed to rest players for national tv games or away games now.

Obviously that does not apply to injuries but you can't pull a DNP-Rest in those situations now.
Oh wow! I didn’t know this got passed. Thanks for the info. Wonder how pop is gonna skate around this.

Bread

Banned
538 has released an article to paid subscribers detailing how the Celtics pulled off this historic feat. Read it in weep.

Fjordson

I'll be really interested to see how that resting rule holds up. Still not sure why teams can't just make up an injury. Just put "sore ankle" next to the DNP instead of "rest".

B.O.O.M

Rookie Top 10 after 1 game:

1. Dillon Brooks (leads in points, steals and blocks)
2. Ben Simmons
3. Dennis Smith Jr.
4. Jayson Tatum
5. De'Aaron Fox
6. Markell Fultz
7. Lauri Markkanen
8. Caleb Swanigan
9. OG Anunoby
10. Jordan Bell

Can't wait to see how Zach Collins end up doing

I hope Lonzo can look like he has some energy in him tonight. I really don't like Magic hyping him up. I know Magic wants Showtime Lakers, but Ball isn't that and he'll never be Magic. Magic had charisma, charm, brought entertainment and laughter to everyone. Ball is just emotionless like a robot on the floor.

Clevis Murray
Clevis Murray
@ClevisMurray
Scottie Pippen says teams such as OKC, Houston & Golden State are "going to destroy" Lonzo "on both ends of the basketball." (Via ESPN)
11:19 AM · Oct 20, 2017

Gigglepoo

I'll be really interested to see how that resting rule holds up. Still not sure why teams can't just make up an injury. Just put "sore ankle" next to the DNP instead of "rest".

To me, the rule is to show networks and advertisers and fans the league is trying to get the superstars to play in big games. And it's a plead to teams to make an effort to rest players for boring games. But they can't really legislate rest.

It's mostly a PR move.

Servbot24

Banned
Shucks there's 5 games I'd like to see tonight

Clevis Murray
Clevis Murray
@ClevisMurray
Scottie Pippen says teams such as OKC, Houston & Golden State are "going to destroy" Lonzo "on both ends of the basketball." (Via ESPN)
11:19 AM · Oct 20, 2017

No kidding. It's gonna be a delight to watch too.

Top Bottom