• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10: Videogame Scam of the Year - post#476 you gotta be KIDDING

Zyzyxxz

Wow I can't believe anyone here is actually defending 2k?

How the hell can the game be so poorly done when the early SEGA 2k games already had online play.

Are you fucking serious that some posters here actually think 2K has done nothing wrong?

JoeFu

Banned
Sorry man

heatbench_anim.gif

love seeing NBA-GAF gathering in the gaming section. That being said, I gotta agree with the thought here that what has been shown in this thread in terms of glitches and failed promises are simply undeniable and inexcusable.

To the few that's defending 2K here, I hope you can come up with better responses that actually are directed toward the problems listed in this thread rather than simply "getting over it" or "nah it's not that bad because I only use a small percent of features promised".

People are pissed off because they have been misled and they want changes. You, the apologists, continue to be happy with the shitty half product that you receive every year. Ignorance sure is bliss.

Orlics

I picked up a free copy of this when I visited ZelnickMedia, but I haven't actually opened it. Guess I haven't been missing out on anything :lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I remember I couldn't even get through a quick game because cheerleaders wouldn't leave the court after the end of a quarter. We tried to play through it, but they play better on ball defense than Chauncey Billups.

daycru

Raging Spaniard said:
Hey guys remember when games just worked? Hard Drives + Internet are slowly killing the industry because now devs can ship unfinished games under the pretense that a patch will fix everything.
You talk like 2K games weren't littered with glitches last gen. At least now they can (sort of) fix them.

DY_nasty

daycru said:
You talk like 2K games weren't littered with glitches last gen. At least now they can (sort of) fix them.
Nothing even remotely close to this.

I can't even shoot free throws. Once it was the frame rate, then the ref wouldn't give me the ball, then they put up the top 5 rebounders (none of which were actually playing at the moment) over the guy at the line, then it froze.

Free throws.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
CartridgeBlower said:
I've been playing the game since Day 1, and while it's a buggy fucking mess, it's still the best playing basketball game on the market. This coming from a guy who loved Live 09.

But please stop posting every two days about how busted the game is. Seriously, your post history is littered with how much you hate 2k. We get it.
OhSnap.gif

Blackace

aznpxdd said:
Remember that one time you were trying to play crew with us? Your Xbox froze twice and you said fuck it.

Yeah...

Yeah online is a mess for sure.

I am still a franchise whore tho...

DY_nasty

Blackace said:
Yeah but I am still having fun...
Is the kind of fun you're having worth 60 bucks?

Come on, this game plays like Clay Bennett had a hand in it.

Blackace

ph33nix said:
i got lebron to join the heat in 2010. what have YOU done?

I have drafted Randy Foye with the Blazers!

Blackace

DY_nasty said:
Is the kind of fun you're having worth 60 bucks?

Come on, this game plays like Clay Bennett had a hand in it.

I am not saying it is perfect, but I need a decent franchise mode and Live doesn't have it... so here I am.

I paid only 45 for mine.. I love Play-Asia

ecnal

DY_nasty said:
then they put up the top 5 rebounders (none of which were actually playing at the moment) over the guy at the line, then it froze.

:lol :lol :lol

that's my favorite offline bug right now.

you want to inbound the ball? good luck because you're about to hang on a screen showing you the league's top 5 scorers. 5 second violation, turnover.

oh wait, you want to shoot a freethrow? here, take a look at the blazers up coming schedule, ooops you waited too long and the CPU shot the freethrow for you.

i don't even think that bug existed before the patch... maybe it did, but i've seen it in every game i've played offline since the patch.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Wow... I never play basketball games, but I should have heard about this shit at the main gaming sites. Nobody has balls lately, fuck the media. An 80+ score on metacritic... yeah, the whole industry is some rotten piece of shit.

I haven't played the game so I don't know what glitches you're talking about but wasn't the 2k sports studio acquired by EA? So wouldn't it make sense that 2k10 would be made shitty in comparison to live 10?

DaPHanTomMeNace said:
I haven't played the game so I don't know what glitches you're talking about but wasn't the 2k sports studio acquired by EA? So wouldn't it make sense that 2k10 would be made shitty in comparison to live 10?

Examples of glitches are shown are over this thread, especially the first page. Also, search on Youtube.

Now in what I can recall there was a rumor years back about EA acquiring 2k sports, but that didn't happen. So we still have two companies making two same genre, but various quality games.

Blackace

DaPHanTomMeNace said:

Why would a company buy another company and keep making a game but then make it shittier than another one of their games in order to make one sell more?

That hurts my head just to type it..

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Blackace said:
Why would a company buy another company and keep making a game but then make it shittier than another one of their games in order to make one sell more?

That hurts my head just to type it..

:lol :lol

ecnal

DaPHanTomMeNace said:

2rz8fuo.gif

Raging Spaniard said:
Hey guys remember when games just worked? Hard Drives + Internet are slowly killing the industry because now devs can ship unfinished games under the pretense that a patch will fix everything.

I remember posting that something like this was in our future in an older thread. I was completely dismissed :lol

Top Bottom