• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 20th Anniversary Celebration

Mr Blobby

Very impressive! That's dedication. Any particular highlights?
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay came out same day as this place.

DonF

Gold Member
I remember browsing Kotaku between classes in university. And sometimes the forum popped here and there, in some article.
Then I tried for a long time to get an account. And here we are. I've been browsing anonymously and with an account for like 10 years!!

Congrats and here is for 20 more!

R6Rider

Gold Member
Lord Of The Rings GIF by SAG Awards

D_N_G

As a resident Lurker-in-Chief, thanks EviLore EviLore for many many years of greatness! Feels like NeoGaf has been home on the internet. Really appreciate you and the community!

Last edited:

BossLackey

Gold Member
Congratulations!

Been here a long time and it’s the first place I go when I open a browser. Feels like home.

To twenty more!

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
What? Nobody told me this was a legendary and historical thread!!

Better add some proper class and culture to it, so people will look back in the future, and know that we were high brow intellectuals:

big boobs pron GIF
breast boobies GIF
dress fail GIF
Sexy Hot Babes GIF
This forum will likely outlive the site hosting these images, so in the interest of preservation it's important for the record to show how much we on GAF enjoy discussing theoretical physics.

Last edited:

acidagfc

Thank you everyone here, and Evilore the most, that this forum still exists.
If not it, I'd probably quit gaming years ago, because I cannot stand any other modern gaming social media.

I am registered for 12 years, been lurking probably for good 15 or more.

Here's to another 20!

RaZoR No1

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

Since I saw this forum, it has become my to go page for anything gaming related like news etc.
Here are probably the most sane people around !

Lets keep up the good community and the forum for at least another 20 years

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I thought it was older .. lol hey the original Xbox came out in 2004...coincidence??

OverHeat

« generous god »
Lurking since 2007 and GAF is the only place I need.
We got dedicated members like Draugoth Draugoth , Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives & ManaByte ManaByte keeping us informed with the latest in gaming & pop culture news.

I also found a caring funny community which I love.

Congrats Boss on creating such a welcoming home 🤠❤️
You forgot to include yourself as the moneymaker of GAF. Without you the site probably wouldn’t be alive. 😂

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
anniversary-20-2.gif

Jean Claude Van Damme Reaction GIF
And to think I've been here for more then half of that 😳
Doesn't feel like it 💪

Wait... someone Gifted EviLore EviLore Gold....?
giphy.gif

Last edited:

IronLich

I left this place behind for the newERA, but when I got tired of their toxic attitude and activist agendas, I walked back over here, and... while I don't post nearly as much, it's still a nice place when you want to keep up with news or get an exclusive perspective. Now more than ever, GAF is one of a kind. An institutional, old school message board that does everything in its power to cut through all the bullshit, and just talk about the hobby we love, and waste our lives with.

Cheers.

Jsisto

For some reason I thought it was even older than that. I remember browsing this site for gaming news and drama for….practically as long as I can remember being on the internet. Congrats to neogaf and Evilore! Thankful that this board survived the exodus. Truly a legendary
place in the online gaming community.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
Thank you EviLore EviLore .

I originally joined late 2002, and then rolled into NeoGAF. The things I have got from GAF are truly life changing. I learned about lifting and barbells here. Intermittent fasting. I got into high end audio here. I learned about Berserk here.

Incredibly, this place was the early ringside seat to identity politics none of us wanted, but one that helped me to recalibrate how I need to assess ’well meaning’ people of the world. My wife asked me back in 2015-2017 why I am spending so much mental energy on such a contentious, fringe topic. I told her that I feel we are witnessing something very impactful, and unsettling here.

And that’s all before the main function - gaming. Essentially every game I enjoy (and my friends have never tried) has come from GAF. Best of them, From Software, of course.

I am still awestruck by the stamina and suspension of disbelief that must have been required to bring this forum back after the coup. And I am very grateful for it, that this place existed for me to return to every day.

Top Bottom