• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Candy Swap 2012 |OT| (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennah

Yeah, shipping on my end is going to be about double the cost of the candy, but it's all about the nom nom noms. I run into the same problem with the Secret Santa stuff too.

mitheor

how much is it to send to germany?
i would be more than happy to forward it to the US,
2kg Germany to the US cost ~17€

0so92.png

~20€ to Dortmund (just a city to try); so it´d be like 40€ with your forwarding, much better.

I´ll keep looking for another choices to send it directly from Spain but i´ll keep your offer in mind.

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate it :)

Wool

I'm trying to decide whether or not I should get the large flat rate box, which is $60, or just pay for whatever the weight ends up being. What would ~5 lbs cost going international?

A few hours ago I visited the grocery store and left with such a mountain of candy that I literally felt ashamed buying it :D

Darryl and all the gents and dames of NeoGAF, may I present you the Nordic Behemoth. Portrayed in the spirit of the season in super-swingtastic and ultra-spooky anti-HD:

N1QzR.jpg

Now I just have pack all of these delightful treats into a box and drag it to the local post office.

For those who are shipping to America, how do you fill up the US FDA 'Prior Notice Conformation Number'? My local courier service is asking me to get it first but I'm clueless on how to filling up the "Prior notice system interface". USPS/DHL won't deliver the candies without this.

https://www.access.fda.gov/#top

as far as i know:
if you are sending something to a friend no prior notice is required.

and everyone remember to declare it as a gift!

[edit]
I just checked and according to DHL prior notice not required if:
b) Food that was made by an individual in his/her personal residence and sent by that individual as a personal gift (i.e. for non-business reasons) to an individual in the United States.FDA recently expanded exemptions (or authorized enforcement discretion) to include all personal food shipments.These are shipments sent person to person for non-commercial purposes.Examples include:Gifts purchased at a commercial establishment and shipped by the purchaser, not the commercial establishment;

more details here
http://www.dhl.de/en/express/versenden/versandberatung/vorschriften-fda-usa.html

as far as i know:
if you are sending something to a friend no prior notice is required.

and everyone remember to declare it as a gift!

[edit]
I just checked and according to DHL prior notice not required if:

more details here
http://www.dhl.de/en/express/versenden/versandberatung/vorschriften-fda-usa.html

So that applicable for all countries? I'm wondering whether will my courier service ask a lot of what gifts I'm sending....

"Sir, may I know what sort of gift you sending?"

"Gift."

kennah

Reminds me of the time I was going back into the Canada from the states and I declared bringing back $150 of "stuff".

Didn't hit me until a couple km down the road what I had actually said.

Just went to three candy stores and got a ton of candy and other goodies (went a bit over budget, but oh well). So how many people also ended up getting some candy for themselves while shopping for their partner?

Just went to three candy stores and got a ton of candy and other goodies (went a bit over budget, but oh well). So how many people also ended up getting some candy for themselves while shopping for their partner?

well not intentionally, but everything that would have meant my package goes over weight stayed home.

dropped my package off at the post today should arrive in the US in a week.

well not intentionally, but everything that would have meant my package goes over weight stayed home.

dropped my package off at the post today should arrive in the US in a week.

I didn't intend to but while shopping I came across some of those liquor filled chocolates and I couldn't resist.

And yeah, I'm worried mine won't all fit in the box so I might end up keeping some.

Darryl

Banned
A few hours ago I visited the grocery store and left with such a mountain of candy that I literally felt ashamed buying it :D

Darryl and all the gents and dames of NeoGAF, may I present you the Nordic Behemoth. Portrayed in the spirit of the season in super-swingtastic and ultra-spooky anti-HD:

i see that and raise you

sAeXH.jpg

i hope you enjoy your american
cavities
candy

Feep

Banned
I got most of 8bit's candy, but I want to grab some Jelly Bellies before I ship off. Jelly Bellies are awesome.

ShinNL

It's not always about the weight, but the quality.
Right?

Right....?
Wait... completely off-topic, but are you the same guy who was impostering me? I didn't know you were on NeoGAF, at least I didn't link the names before. I just randomly found this thread like a week ago :|

Excited! Today will be my shopping day, though I'll be sending it on Tuesday because a roommate who really wanted to join the shopping is returning on Monday from her vacation.

8bit

Knows the Score
I got most of 8bit's candy, but I want to grab some Jelly Bellies before I ship off. Jelly Bellies are awesome.

Whoooo!

I've been across the border to France & Germany to pick up some other bits so I'm mostly done shopping. Need to figure out shipping now as my initial box is smaller than it needs to be and I might need to send it from Germany instead.

So that applicable for all countries? I'm wondering whether will my courier service ask a lot of what gifts I'm sending....

"Sir, may I know what sort of gift you sending?"

"Gift."

If you're sending to Germany or a German speaking country 'Gift' is not a recommended description.

http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=en&searchLoc=0&searchLocRelinked=1&search=Gift&trestr=0x8001

NeoRausch

Finally done some shopping for adamsappel!

this pic is missing one or two items of a special local store that makes original candy by hand.
it somehow got more chocotastic than i would have thought. christmas is comming! :)

i want it all for me and my wife!!

NeoRausch

weird, 10 pounds of sugary (well, corn-syrupy) goodness is on its way!

CPscI.jpg

Heh, nice timing. Looks great, can't wait!

oh wow! perfect timing! :D
i don't think i will be able to get the package to the postoffice before the deadline. but i'll let you know.

<3 candy swap! +_+

i hope you enjoy your american
cavities
candy

Well played, sir.

In other news, I was originally trying to get your package on the way before weekend but unfortunately the odds were against me. But fear not, I left your package to the tender hands of the local post office about an hour ago - hopefully you'll receive it before Halloween! :)

Looks like I might be under the knife to get things sent out by the end of this week, it's looking to be very busy until Friday night.
Did all my shopping though, spent a bit more than agreed upon but that's the fun of this. Might post a picture soon.

NeoRausch

Looks like I might be under the knife to get things sent out by the end of this week, it's looking to be very busy until Friday night.
Did all my shopping though, spent a bit more than agreed upon but that's the fun of this. Might post a picture soon.

Same here. Got it all done but when i get home from work, the post office is closed. But i got a. Day off on friday.
we also have an automated service for packages here in germany called Packstation. Works 24/7 but i have nooooooo idea how it handles international stuff. So i'll go with human work sometime around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom