• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Candy Swap 2012 |OT| (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I'm in!

• Nugg
  • France
  • Japan, USA. Anything outside Europe really.
  • I want weird stuff / stuff I can't find where I live
  • If you send me licorice, I will hunt you. Nothing with coffe either.

Licorice you hate, Licorice you shall get.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Hopefully the PMs come through soon, but if not whoever gets paired with me note I'm catching a plane to Bogota in the next day and will be in Colombia for a week or so in case I'm unresponsive.

If I don't respond within a week though, send in a rescue party.

So me and my buddy from last year totally lamed out on each other. I'm happy to accept full partial responsibility. Jurors should takes consideration of the fact that I'm lazy and I moved house a lot during that time. We share a last name irl so he must understand right?

But you know, a man likes to pay his debts/trade his candy, so paging DarknessBear. Has anyone seen DarknessBear. DarknessBear please come to the information desk and check your PM's. I got a catering size slab of vegemite needs to go north.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Is it too late to get in on this?

Sorry guys. I didn't have a lot of time yesterday. Did you know, we've got 30 pairs, that's 60 people I have to PM. anyway, If you wanna get a jump on it, here's a spreadsheet that has all the pairs. I'll still be sending out PMs though.

NeoGAF Candy Swap Pairs

Be sure to PM your partner and agree on price range, likes and dislikes. And of course exchange addresses.

SKINNER!

Banned
ATTN: YoYo Switch

TAIZl.gif

will be getting in touch you with later on today.

NeoRausch

Oh shit!

adamsappel, i'm comming for you!.....apple-sweet!

Edit:

Hooory sheit! You are one of the few who likes black liq. And even the salty stuff? The bearded dudebro choose wisely! I maybe gonna pack in a few drops of my private reserve here for ya (extra strong and salty!)

*nods*

jiggles

Banned
Excited I got caffeinedreamer after that amazing photo on page 1.

I aim to restore your faith in humanity/Irish people.

Yay, got everyone PM'd. Wasn't really that bad once I got into the rhythm and figured out I didn't have to cut n' paste each one. Just hit the back button and swap the names around.

So everyone's been PM'd

I've set the shipping deadline to October 29th @ 9:06pm PDT

I'll make a nice banner for the 2nd post when I get home.

ShinNL

Awesome Bearded Dudebro :)

I'm all psyched, just waiting for a reply and I can start going wild on all the candy shops and supermarkets :D

My YouTube fans have been waiting for this. Ever since I put my video which was meant just for adamsappel I kept getting random subscribers.

Already have a good back-and-forth going with my candy buddy, looking forward to some delicious Australian goods.
Remember fellas, pictures and videos will only make this experience better!

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Already have a good back-and-forth going with my candy buddy, looking forward to some delicious Australian goods.
Remember fellas, pictures and videos will only make this experience better!

I've already purchased some delicious foods for you! Far too excitable over this haha.

Twie

Aw shit, I just missed out on this. Count me in for next time though! I want all the saltiest black liquorice the world has to offer!
Love that stuff. :D

Drazgul

There ain't nothing wrong with salty licorice dudes...

It doesn't seem to agree all that well with the north american palate, if my empirical testing is to be believed. Granted I had only 8 victims or so, but they all grimaced delightfully and spat it out. :p

To all the other finns:

Has anyone looked into any alternatives to Itella? Their package prices to the US are pretty brutal, would kinda suck to spend more on P&P than the candy itself.

Atruvius

It doesn't seem to agree all that well with the north american palate, if my empirical testing is to be believed. Granted I had only 8 victims or so, but they all grimaced delightfully and spat it out. :p

To all the other finns:

Has anyone looked into any alternatives to Itella? Their package prices to the US are pretty brutal, would kinda suck to spend more on P&P than the candy itself.
There really aren't any other options. Matkahuolto doesn't do any shipments abroad.

Last year my candy shipment to the US cost around 40€, so pretty much same as all the candy I bought.

If you live near Helsinki you might have more options.

notworksafe

I went out and bought a preposterous amount of treats today! When I get them all laid out I'll post a (censored for surprise) pic.

EDIT: Here you go, Cyport!

UhRDJ.jpg

You people can send me your unwanted licorice if you like. I want to sample the blackest, saltiest licorice... as black as my soul and as salty as the tears of my enemies.

2 kg of tasty for TriAceJP

It's really not easy to limit yourself to 2 kg, but the next largest parcel price would have been for 5 and more than twice as expensive to send :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom