• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Candy Swap 2012 |OT| (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Package sent to Drazgul today, here's a glimpse of what's inside. Americans may recognize some stuff from the color schemes.
70qNF.png

jiggles

Banned
95% of my stuff for caffeinedreamer bought now. I have a pic, but I don't know if I should blur it or not, because he already knows what I bought.

Does anybody have experience with sending a package to the US? I've read about this Prior Notice thing but luckily the FDA usually won't take action if you haven't included a Prior Notice when sending food items as a gift.

Does anybody have experience with sending a package to the US? I've read about this Prior Notice thing but luckily the FDA usually won't take action if you haven't included a Prior Notice when sending food items as a gift.

I had no problems receiving last year. There are things that customs supposedly looks for, like Kinder Eggs, and may confiscate. Of course delaying the package. Luckily last year, they either didn't care, or didn't check.

as far as i know:
if you are sending something to a friend no prior notice is required.

and everyone remember to declare it as a gift!

[edit]
I just checked and according to DHL prior notice not required if:

more details here
http://www.dhl.de/en/express/versenden/versandberatung/vorschriften-fda-usa.html

declare it as a private gift and you should have no problems

SKINNER!

Banned
Looks like this is going be my first and last Candy Swap.

WTF @ UK post charging stupid money for sending packages to the US? It's more than double the worth of the sweets I bought.

EDIT: wow, post office tried to rip me off by the looks of these courier prices online.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
silvon already has my package in transit, so I need to hustle after only just getting back from overseas yesterday. Went shopping tonight, and hopefully have a good mix of New Zealand (and Australian) goods.

Will get a courier box tomorrow, pack the stuff tomorrow night, then send out the day after.

Exciting!

ShinNL

4.85kg, I'm such a boss :D

(Price changes from 2kg-5kg and 5kg-10kg)

From The Netherlands to US under 5kg was only €36, including sign confirmation. Size of the package didn't matter.

SKINNER!

Banned

I got told about a special FDA form I had to fill in today but it's only for foods worth over $100 so it didn't matter to me.

ShinNL

PostNL?

Care to explain how you've tackled this? I'm a total newbie
http://www.postnl.nl/voorthuis/pakket-versturen/pakket-buitenland-met-track-trace/

It's pretty simple :p

Price difference between 2-5kg and 5-10kg for 'worldwide' is huge, so as long as your whole package (including box) is under 5kg you're fine. There are no prices for size dimensions, so I bought one of those boxes from PostNL (box nr.6) since that's the perfect size for me. They let me weigh the whole thing to check before I even started filling any forms.

In Dutch, you basically want the service "pakket aangetekend versturen naar het buitenland onder de 5kg". Actually, you can even send it without signature confirmation, but I added that service since it was only €1 more and you get track & trace for free with it.

Assorted noms for TurbulentTurtle
http://i.imgur.com/Pteey.jpg[IMG]
Now to get around to posting them...[/QUOTE]

Oh man. That's a large amount, I am crazy excited. I just hope I bought enough to match that...
[img]http://i.imgur.com/0OZut.jpg

Also I might be able to send the stuff tomorrow or Friday. I need to study for my exam though =S. The post office I'm going to is inside a grocery store, so you might get some extra bits to make up for my lack of candy compared to your haul.

NeoRausch

guess what's ready to be shipped, adamsappel!

just need a day to drag it to the post office.... :(

i also put in a bomb for security measures. you never know!

kidding....just a automated pepper spray can! ;)

Wool

VS5FGl.jpg

Here's Mitheor's just about to be packaged. Went slightly over budget, but I still managed to get it in a medium flat rate box, so only $48 on shipping to Spain.

Does anyone have experience with the customs form? It says to list every item in the box and it's worth. I have 26 different items all ranging from $0.75 to $5.00. There are only 3 slots to put it all. Can I just say "candy" and list the total value?

Does anyone have experience with the customs form? It says to list every item in the box and it's worth. I have 26 different items all ranging from $0.75 to $5.00. There are only 3 slots to put it all. Can I just say "candy" and list the total value?

You can just put Candy and the total cost.

Atruvius

Sent a package from Finland to my UK candy buddy. The package left this Monday and arrived to Denmark last evening. Which is weird...

Do packages from Nordic countries stop by Denmark, or what's going on?

Sent a package from Finland to my UK candy buddy. The package left this Monday and arrived to Denmark last evening. Which is weird...

Do packages from Nordic countries stop by Denmark, or what's going on?
My package to you is in Denmark too, so I guess there's a sorting hub there or something? :S

Hey could some of the U.S. participants PM me some of the unique stuff you've sent your partner abroad? I'm bout half done with my shopping, but wanna include more unique stuff before I ship this weekend.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Managed to squeeze out my parcel just before flying out on my next trip. 6.16kg (around 13.5 pounds) of candy, chocolate and cookies is on the way to Canada.

MY CANDY ARRIVED!!!!
3.7kg of Finnish candy. Atruvius, you are awesome. Thanks so much!

GAF will be glad to know I'm enjoying some delicious salty, black licorice right this second. I'm saving that licorice-filled chocolate for last, 'cause that looks AMAZING.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
MY CANDY ARRIVED!!!!3.7kg of Finnish candy. Atruvius, you are awesome. Thanks so much!

GAF will be glad to know I'm enjoying some delicious salty, black licorice right this second. I'm saving that licorice-filled chocolate for last, 'cause that looks AMAZING.

Lakupiippu!!!! Next time I'll join, I swear next time I'll make sure to join.

NeoRausch

Finally got the package for adamsappel out of the window!

roughly around 5 kg and it costed me 36€. i thought i would pay more for it.

WAITING GAME!

Atruvius

MY CANDY ARRIVED!!!!3.7kg of Finnish candy. Atruvius, you are awesome. Thanks so much!

Glad to know you're enjoying the candy! I'll post a pic when my package arrives.

smoothj

Sneakpeek for Baconsaurus.. Wooooo I'm excited!

You asked for savory over sweet. Oh you got it sir!

This is the loot sitting on the passenger seat of my car so it's bunched together. There is stuff under the stuff :)
thegoods.jpg

I will be shipping this today or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom