• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Goodbye 2012!)!

zmet

Did you preorder MST3K from Shout Factory to get the extra Commander Cody DVD? Mine has not showed up yet, and I'm curious what it looks like.
Sorry, I got it from Amazon. This is my first time hearing about the Commander Cody DVD offer though. I really need to visit Satellite News more often.

img_0860l9rpm.jpg

img_0861anuxp.jpg

picked up some games during black friday (except paper mario, that was day 1 for me :D)

8247188171_387ccac349_m.jpg

i've only started Mass Effect 3, its a piece of shit, and i've only played it for a few hours.

The_Monk

CloakedPuppet Is that a Steelbook? I want one too...

Yeah - I got it via my preorder from Futureshop in Canada. I'm pretty happy with it. Not sure how, where you can find it outside of that.

I see, thanks for answering.

Also, a not-so-expected game simply arrived this week:

cCR0Jl.jpg

Wall Mountable 19" Rack for my home office arrived. Just need to figure out what ridiculously massive screw/anchor/bolt type things I actually need to attach it to a brick wall. So it'll probably end up living on the floor for now. Reel of cat6 cable as well and some wall ports to run into my home office.

Samsung Omnia 7 Windows Phone. Got this from a work buddy for my wife as he's just upgraded to a Lumia 920. Steal for £60. I'm an iOS guy myself, but I'm intrigued by the OS. Really falling in love with it.

My Wood Burning stoves got installed as well, just in time for Christmas with the chilly nights rolling in.

Got a Wii U, with Mario, ZombiU and NintendoLand, but I'll save everyone yet another picture of a WiiU Box :)

Yes Boss!

If you call it crap, why buy it? 'only' $25? Still enough money.

To be fair, I mentioned the demo. AND, I went to cancel but had already gone to shipping at amazon. I'll have fun with it, though. There is Tangled stuff in there so that is cool. And hoping there will be a small callback to Castle of Illusion (one of the best Genesis games ever).

Xena

The rest of my black friday haul finally arrived this week, so here's the damage (sorry, a camera wasn't among my items lol). Crappy pics below:

Jrvid.jpg

Xena S3, Picross 3D (I never knew about this game - addicting!), Persona 4 Golden (love this game! But I'll make sure to drop down the difficulty next time because the grinding is killing me!) and a 32GB memory card (bye 8GB), Lego LoTR, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Fifa 13, another cable for my iphone, and finally my great purchase was a Nexus 7! Love this device especially because it's not heavy and huge like the ipads. Great for reading my kindle books, comics and mangas!!! Also got a grey cover for it.

And my brother was kind enough to give me $40 psn space bucks for early Christmas since I'll be gone for a while! Thanks, Glennct!!!!!

a3yqX.jpg
My favorite Mass Effect, I'll finally be able to complete my platinum trilogy, though not any time soon... =(

nny

Took advantage of the temporary price cut and store discounts and got me a Vita...

DSC08093.jpg

...and after finishing Gravity Rush the purchase feels fully justified.

DSC08086.jpg

Iacobellis

You know, if the Vita was $200 and included a 4/8GB memory card, so many more people would buy it. Not just on Black Friday.

Yes Boss!

I'm guessing it'll be the first price cut of 2013 as a permanent drop.

Better be.

If folks really jump at it at the sub $200 level.

Personally, never really understood $30-50 price cuts on systems and how they fuel purchasing. In my mind, I amortize the initial cost over the four-five year cycle of the system (and 10-20 games if not more), so the little extra initial cost far outweighs waiting one, two, three years on the hardware. And, given Sony's history they will probably lighten, and cheapen, the system as they release hardware updates.

Iacobellis

Better be.

If folks really jump at it at the sub $200 level.

Personally, never really understood $30-50 price cuts on systems and how they fuel purchasing. In my mind, I amortize the initial cost over the four-five year cycle of the system and, (and 10-20 games if not more), so the little extra initial cost far outweighs waiting one, two, three years on the hardware. And, given Sony's history they will probably lighten, and cheapen, the system as they release hardware updates.

I'm with you all the way. I'd rather spend the extra $100+ on a console at or near launch for the extra year or two over getting it after the first price drop and whatever holiday bundle is put out.

BearChair

I'm with you all the way. I'd rather spend the extra $100+ on a console at or near launch for the extra year or two over getting it after the first price drop and whatever holiday bundle is put out.

The counter argument is that there isn't much of a library in the first year, especially in the case of the modern handhelds. 3DS is starting to really get stuff that interests me and Vita just has Persona 4 plus some psp stuff in the store.

Why not wait a few months or year after launch for a larger library and a lower price both on the console and the games?

Iacobellis

The counter argument is that there isn't much of a library in the first year, especially in the case of the modern handhelds. 3DS is starting to really get stuff that interests me and Vita just has Persona 4 plus some psp stuff in the store.

Why not wait a few months or year after launch for a larger library and a lower price both on the console and the games?

In the 3DS' case, I will agree. I waited until the initial price drop and still want to play Animal Crossing. With the Vita, $350 (FEB) has gotten me Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Black Ops, LittleBigPlanet, etc. I might get P4G after hearing how good it is, then that will be it for this year. Next year is Killzone, Sly Cooper, Tearaway(?), and more to come at E3.

John Blade

Retrode!
And yours came in a much prettier box than mine!

Since people have been talking about Macross, here's my fave of the year:

ibsgvqoLxHzaUF.jpg

Well....I be damm. Would look great in BluRay. Well, hope you like the show as I am liking it from the one I got.

filipe

Took advantage of the temporary price cut and store discounts and got me a Vita...

DSC08093.jpg

...and after finishing Gravity Rush the purchase feels fully justified.

Just finished Gravity Rush an hour ago. Simply a joy from beginning to end. I normally buy games, play an hour and just forget about them, but I just couldn't put this one down. Took about 7&1/5 hours (with some side stuff), but I'm going to keep playing to try and max all my abilities and finish the challenges.

Comic Wednesday:

54631f32fe3517c94d153e2f9a4061d3_zpsdb0bc547.jpg

- Avengers #1 (Skottie Young Baby variant)
- Hawkeye #5
- Deadpool #3
- All New X-Men #2
- All New X-Men #3
- Thor #1

EDIT:
Unexpected awesome pickup within Hawkeye Vol. 5: getting my letter printed!
aac32a6c092efde1c6147b5bd8dbc6d5_zps4bdba4dd.jpg

Rubius

Went to the pawn shop today, and since its a Buy 3 get the cheapest Free, I bought 6 5$ games.
-Jet Force Gemini, Ape Escape 2, Viva Pinata,Galaxy Force II,Jurrasic Park,Spyro GBA in Box with Manual
-Then went to the mail and got my Play Asia order of Okami for the Ps3 and The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks
And monday night I got Scribblenauts, New Super Mario Bros U and a Reading Japanese Book who is supposed to be the best one on the market.
Oh and I bought Hell Yeah because it was cheap on Steam.
NugFk.jpg

Oh and dont tell my Dad, I bought him a Kobo Glo with a case for Christmas. Now I need a gift for my Mother who is a hardcore casual gamer and my brother who is into sound systems and cars.

Went to the pawn shop today, and since its a Buy 3 get the cheapest Free, I bought 6 5$ games.
-Jet Force Gemini, Ape Escape 2, Viva Pinata,Galaxy Force II,Jurrasic Park,Spyro GBA in Box with Manual
-Then went to the mail and got my Play Asia order of Okami for the Ps3 and The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks
And monday night I got Scribblenauts, New Super Mario Bros U and a Reading Japanese Book who is supposed to be the best one on the market.
Oh and I bought Hell Yeah because it was cheap on Steam.
NugFk.jpg

Oh and dont tell my Dad, I bought him a Kobo Glo with a case for Christmas. Now I need a gift for my Mother who is a hardcore casual gamer and my brother who is into sound systems and cars.

I have that book and have been reading it for a little while and it is indeed very good. My only gripe is the romaji used for some kana, like じ = zi instead of ji. But it's not that difficult to get used to. Besides I'm using mostly as a supplement to my japanese course.

The reading drills are very useful and overall progression is fluid, I find it very good for reading practice.

Well, this is my first post in the pick-up threads, I've been checking them out for quite a while now and have enjoyed them thoroughly. Nice that the "real pics" rule is enforced and everyone respects it.

So now let me join in on the fun, a recent pickup I thought would be nice to share

Grand Knights History w/ Bonus Artbook
dsc062051600x12001280x7.jpg

Damn shame the game did not make it to NA, so once I'm confident enough in my understanding of the language I will delve into the japanese version.

Top Bottom