• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Goodbye 2012!)!

This finally came today from Australia. It's now probably the coolest thing I own:

Click and hold for detail:
P4XnV.jpg

AIupq.jpg

6ASK7.jpg

#3/375

Also I got a bunch of Blu Rays and Far Cry 3 on Steam but who gives a shit.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Pickups since the last couple of months
- PSPgo to replace my 1000, also picked up oreshika to try out in preparation for the sequel
- Some portable gaming goods. Wouldn't have picked up kagura normally but got a great deal from a fellow GAFer
- Finally grabbed WotHN and my most anticipated PS3 games for the winter

Rubius

I have that book and have been reading it for a little while and it is indeed very good. My only gripe is the romaji used for some kana, like じ = zi instead of ji. But it's not that difficult to get used to. Besides I'm using mostly as a supplement to my japanese course.

The reading drills are very useful and overall progression is fluid, I find it very good for reading practice.

Well, this is my first post in the pick-up threads, I've been checking them out for quite a while now and have enjoyed them thoroughly. Nice that the "real pics" rule is enforced and everyone respects it.

So now let me join in on the fun, a recent pickup I thought would be nice to share

Grand Knights History w/ Bonus Artbook
dsc062051600x12001280x7.jpg

Damn shame the game did not make it to NA, so once I'm confident enough in my understanding of the language I will delve into the japanese version.

I'm kinda sad that I cannot take Japanese courses, but I hope that with the book alone I will be able to read common sentences and start to play small RPG or games with missions like Ultimate Jump Stars to practice myself.

Doombear

This finally came today from Australia. It's now probably the coolest thing I own:

SUPERBADASS GEDDES PRINT
#3/375

I would do nothing but stare at that all day every day. Long been a fan of his amazing work. I bet it just makes you feel awesome every time you come home and see it =)

Here is my haul from the past week or so. The red cover is for my Kindle Paperwhite. I also picked up a 16 gb Vita memory card, but threw out the packaging.

FCD65901-70FE-4F39-B32A-072CC229FEDB-354-0000001A90FE57D8.jpg

Sorry all, above poster is correct. It's 'Acedia' by Jeremy Geddes. It's a giclee print of a painting he did. It is sold out.

And personally I have no idea why people pay more money than I spent on this for DVD's of Anime or boards of obscure arcade shooters, so TO EACH HIS OWN!

BOTEC

I just realized I'm triple-dipping on each of these.

qS183.jpg

And I'm starting to think I should stop wasting money on games I already own and buy a proper fucking camera. Goddamn!

xJavonta

Banned
Didn't get much since I'm broke right now. This Club Nintendo calendar came in though, lol.
And I got a white iPhone 4 for cheap to switch from my piece of shit Nexus S 4G. Goodbye Sprint.

IMG_6853.png

GTA: Chinatown Wars - I already have this (and have beaten it) on the DS but I really liked it and this version is supposed to be better and have more stuff. It was on clearance, so I got it.
Ape Escape: On the Loose

IMG_6855.png

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves GOTY Edition - The game is currently $29.99 in store but is $6.00 on Target's website. Their stores pricematch their website, so I got this for 6 bucks instead of 30.

IMG_6857.png

Gamestop is currently having buy 2 get 2 free on all gamecube games. I was just gonna buy Zoocube alone, but the girl was like "go get 3 more things" so I did.

IMG_6858.png

I'd normally never buy a caseless/gamestop branded disc-based game but this was free and I needed a 4th game for the discount.

lordimmortal

Neo Member

The 90's Nintendo fan boy in me came out this month first it was Wii U and today White 3DS XL with Mario and the awesome Figma Link.

DTJAAAAM

Under Defeat HD Deluxe Edition arrived from Amazon. However, it's doomed to my pile of games I bought solely for collecting:

kpDkn.jpg

20cent

Banned
Thanks to TWD gaf thread:

Finally received my Ubiworkshop Edition - PC, time to play this week-end.

Saroyan

I ended up getting some surprise freebies at work today. One of my coworkers brought in a few boxes of old dvds and a few other random things. I sifted through it and was surprised to find these in there. All are complete with manuals and everything, except F-Zero obviously, I was pretty happy :)

Saad

Black Friday/Cyber Monday haul:
8250529714_942e656f44_c.jpg

Blurays from amazon for $4-8 (Ocean's $10, Planet Earth $17)
Forza Horizon $35
The Witcher and Dirt each $10

And this came yesterday:
8247520159_dc7489a481_c.jpg

skarabrae

Banned
My pickups the past few weeks:

TQ439.jpg

Tons of stealth, driving, and shooting right there. Also, super heroes.

Not shown: Persona 4 Golden, digital

I think so. It may be a few years before people realize it, but I have a feeling this version is going to have an extremely limited run. One day the price will skyrocket without warning.

It's an Amazon exclusive, so maybe.

I'm not convinced though, look at Akai Katana, RSG's previous release. Then again 360 games have a minimum print run of 50K right?

It's an Amazon exclusive, so maybe.

I'm not convinced though, look at Akai Katana, RSG's previous release. Then again 360 games have a minimum print run of 50K right?

True, though I don't know print requirements for NA PS3 releases. I would imagine it will be a situation similar to Samurai Shodown Anthology on PS2. It was a web order only release and is difficult (almost impossible) to find in the wild today. A complete used copy of the game is holding its value at around $20, but NIBs are double and tripple that.

Top Bottom