• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF gets a Prophet: Rumors about the E3 Nintendo Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that from a PM from that bh guy? This is what I got from him lmaoooo
Yup. Doc Louis while hilarious would be bizarre as a playable rep (would've expected somebody like King Hippo if Punch-Out!! were two get two reps) and baby/8-bit/16-bit versions of characters just sound stupid and not even all that marketable, unless they're just costumes (which isn't the impression I got from his PM). Would've also expected to see Palutena and Takamaru to check off the new female and swordusers box too.

Though I guess it's a series that goes out of its way to surprise people, but still sounds way out there and not in 'Snake is in Brawl' way either.

Obvious predictions sprinkled with bullshit

I doubt a lot of the details of what they will talk about are even known to NoA at this point.

Theres no way that a console Zelda title wouldn't get a November release and the name for the Mario game doesn't sound Nintendo-like at all.

Gabeking

Yup. Doc Louis while hilarious would be bizarre as a playable rep (would've expected somebody like King Hippo if Punch-Out!! were two get two reps) and baby/8-bit/16-bit versions of characters just sound stupid and not even all that marketable, unless they're just costumes (which isn't the impression I got from his PM). Would've also expected to see Palutena and Takamaru to check off the new female and swordusers box too.

Though I guess it's a series that goes out of its way to surprise people, but still sounds way out there and not in 'Snake is in Brawl' way either.

He's BSing probably but who knows. Just excited to finally see smash!

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Reminds me of HockeyBuzz Eklund.
Sad to see that dhd or whatever pr0phet is between jobs. :(

The Hermit

while both Sony and MS leaks are usually accurate, I have to see a single Nintendo software (hardware happened this last years) rumor to be real.

I am tired of having expectations shattered, because they were set impossibly high, like that Zelda rumor.

casmith07

StarTropics U?

If Nintendo wastes the talent at Retro on that when they've got shit like F-Zero, Star Fox, and Earthbound they can work on...

You want to sell Wii U's like hotcakes? Earthbound 4 by Retro Studios.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The vast majority of this is predictable and stuff we could have all guessed, with the exception of Star Tropics.

Darryl

Banned
while both Sony and MS leaks are usually accurate, I have to see a single Nintendo software (hardware happened this last years) rumor to be real.

I am tired of having expectations shattered, because they were set impossibly high, like that Zelda rumor.

pokemon rainbow can still be real it is just being held off until next year

StarTropics U?

If Nintendo wastes the talent at Retro on that when they've got shit like F-Zero, Star Fox, and Earthbound they can work on...

Why would Retro be a good fit for any of those, especially a new Mother?

PK Gaming

You just got a member banned

iawwhandtimer.jpg

yikes

Yarn Yoshi appeared on a list of accurate rumors prior to the September 2011 Pre-TGS showcase as 'Yoshi Game by good feel'

People wanting an Earthound 4/Mother 4 are like people who want more Harry Potter books after the 7th book.

What's the point when the original author is completely done and satisfied with the entire series? You'll either be going against their wishes or just treading water at this point.

StarTropics U?

Why would you want Retro to do an RPG? Their expertise is obviously in more action based genres. Raven Blade was originally supposed to be turn-based, but was changed to action-oriented before being cancelled.

People wanting an Earthound 4/Mother 4 are like people who want more Harry Potter books after the 7th book.

What's the point when the original author is completely done and satisfied with the entire series? You'll either be going against their wishes or just treading water at this point.

Shame there'll be no more Mario or Zelda games after Miyamoto retires.

That retro mario thing sounds pretty awesome. I'd love to see Wart return in some capacity though I just can't see it being true. Here's hoping it is.

Shame there'll be no more Mario or Zelda games after Miyamoto retires.

yes because those are both games where their popularity and entire design revolve entirely around their elaborate and well-written plots

Dumb comparison. At least in Japan much of what made Mother popular was Itoi's writing and the various themes it touched upon; the RPG gameplay while fun wasn't anything special, it was just a basic framework to tell a much deeper story through. If the guy behind what made that story doesn't want to do it anymore and already wrapped the series up, than unless he gives somebody else his blessing what's the point? While the issue's been a bit confusing lately, last I read a month ago was that Itoi himself still said a Mother 4 was 'impossible' and didn't see the need of it since it's effectively 'done', not dead.

Flamfas

I find this not very credible because ... where's Wind Waker HD!?

I'm dying to hear about it. I want to see footage. What extent of a remake is this? Are there extras? (dungeons or just sidequests?) How will the Tingle Tuner be incorporated? etc.

Ezalc

StarTropics U?

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahah!

Retro should either do an original IP or stick to some dark fantasy/sci fi setting like Metroid or Zelda. Star Fox would also make sense. I'll be disappointed beyond words if it turns out to be Star Tropics.

Makai

1. Retro: Finally after at least a few years development, their game is finally ready to be unveiled. What is it? It's an old Nintendo IP that people have wanted them to do for a while, but no one thought they had the guts to do it-but they did.
Ice Climbers!

Peru

When we get a prediction about a single game I'm sometimes fooled. When we get 'everything you've ever wished for will come true' lists it's never true.

damaph

I call bullshit. Star Tropics? and I find it hard to believe that they would name the next mario Super Mario Retroverse U

Oh, so it's like a reskinned Legend of Zelda. Odd.

Thank you.

There was once a rumor that the StarTropics engine was supposed to be used for a third NES Zelda game...(forget where though)

All I know is that if StarTropics is revived as a Wii U title vs Earthbound, EB/Mother-GAF will rise as one and slay Nintendo (shortly following starmen.net's lead...)

The Hermit

The idea that Nintendo would put Retro on a StarTropics sequel above a completely new IP....

....so.... so....laughable.

Actually, Startropics would be as much as a sequel as Kid Icarus Uprising was, basically a Resurrection of a dead IP. Of all the rumors about Retro's new game this is my favorite because its pretty much a new IP.

Too bad its not true :(

Super Smash Bros roster "leak" reminds me of this:

jXdLGqGeQpwUl.jpg
Besides Rayman and Croc (???) I'm pretty sure all of these characters would've been strongly suggested by Superbot before being promptly shot down by Sony/ the relevant 3rd party owners. Especially Snake.

Like that game's 1st/2nd party representatives for the most part but lord were those 3rd party 'guests' embarrassingly blatant.

Jumpman23

If that Star Tropics rumor is true, holy fuck. Although I want something else from dear old Retro. Namely my favorite alien stomping bounty hunter. Oh well, glad this is all bogus anyways ;)

Persona86

Banned
More difficult and open world Zelda? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Also I had to look up Star Tropics, looks like an interesting idea.

For all those complaining about the name or the supposed Mario U:
bullcrap said:
Regarding Mario,,giving the exact title's a lot riskier..rather ill state one of the titles that was being debated and that should give you a good idea what the final title is...Super Mario Retroverse U.
one of the titles that was being debated
was being debated

Seriously, if you're gonna complain, at least do it correctly.

Rocwell

If by some miracle star tropics is real the first thing I'm gonna do after buying a copy is dunking the instruction manual underwater looking for clues.

1776!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom