• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Pokémon League | There are 18 badges in GAF; Gary Oak has 20

TWILT

Banned
Woo 2nd badge get. GGs Beef. I'm so sorry for all those Hypnosis misses.
Will post replays in a bit.

If there's any other Gym Leaders up for some 6v6 singles, I'm game!

EDIT: Replays up!
Round 1: XRCW-WWWW-WWW6-8X6Q
Round 2: W2TW-WWWW-WWW6-8X7F

Then I guess I will.

I said at the very beginning of the Gym talks I'd take on everyone using a Mono-Bug team, lets see how well this goes(after I've already lost to the Flying Gym).

That's the spirit!

I wish I had more time to train.

Edit: Your bravery just made me consider doing a Mono-Steel team...I'll run some tests to see if it is possible.

MicH

Then I guess I will.

I said at the very beginning of the Gym talks I'd take on everyone using a Mono-Bug team, lets see how well this goes(after I've already lost to the Flying Gym).
Mad props for doing this. It was really fun battling your team, and I hope you get a badge soon!

Quest1

GGs Crimson! Those bugs are way too fast!! You made some nice plays at the end of game three.

With this victory, you've earned the meteor badge, all pkmn up to etc. etc. haha. You want a 5iv Gible?

And I really wish I could run Defog Latias. The rocks are killing me.

Korosenai

My Ghost Gym should be open by Wednesday night. I'll be busy with school all day tomorrow, but then i'll have all day wednesday to finish everything. I'll post in here on Wednesday when i'm ready.

CrimsonN0

GGs Crimson! Those bugs are way too fast!! You made some nice plays at the end of game three.

With this victory, you've earned the meteor badge, all pkmn up to etc. etc. haha. You want a 5iv Gible?

And I really wish I could run Defog Latias. The rocks are killing me.

Yeah, GG.
I knew I'd need some speedy Bugs to take on Dragons.
I'm also really glad that Stone Edge came through for me because just one miss would probably have messed everything up for me.

And nah, I've already trained up a Garchomp so I don't need a Gible.
Hmm, thinking about it the only Dragons I really use are Dragonite and MegaCharizard.
Sometimes Eviolite Dragonair.

Quest1

GG's! Had a lot of fun, and you have a powerful team. Looking forward to your next challenge!

And with that, the Dragon Gym is closed for the night!

Fandangox

Also about the modifying teams rule, would re-breeding the same Pokemon with the same moveset, item and nature, but different ivs count as a change? Cause I sort of want to try the challeng now, but most of my team doesn't have good ivs.

Also about the modifying teams rule, would re-breeding the same Pokemon with the same moveset, item and nature, but different ivs count as a change? Cause I sort of want to try the challeng now, but most of my team doesn't have good ivs.

You are allowed to do that. In the OP it says

Teaching Garchomp Earthquake instead of Poison Jab
Breeding a Timid Lucario instead of a Jolly Lucario
Using an Ability Capsule
Switching a Mega Charizard X for a Mega Charizard Y

fek

I won UltimateIke's challenge, 2-0. Good games, the last one was very close, can't wait for your next challenge!

I just want to say it is a lot harder than I thought it would be to keep good singles and doubles teams going. A positive sub for one leader turns into a big negative for the next.

Usobuko

Banned
Some trivial stats.

Day 2:

10 Challengers
9 out of 15 Open Gym challenged
Win Rate at 17-12 in favour of challengers
First Gym Multi Battle started.

Aggrotek

I just want to say it is a lot harder than I thought it would be to keep good singles and doubles teams going. A positive sub for one leader turns into a big negative for the next.

I think I would have had a better chance against you using my singles.

I think I should be removed from multis. My team really isn't suited for them.

trixx

Here are some battles i recorded
Me vs MicH: 28YW-WWWW-WWW6-89DR
Me vs MicH part 2: QKUW-WWWW-WWW6-89DS

Me vs ProfessorBeef: UH6W-WWWW-WWW6-89E6

gg MicH, really wish that sleep powder lasted a bit longer

MicH

gg MicH, really wish that sleep powder lasted 3 turns xD
I had a LOT of hax on my side. The freeze and the one turn wake-up. Had I not had any of those, I don't think I would have won

Usobuko

Banned
Well, my views are leader not only have a limited selection, they are also deprived of surprising their opponents because of their known monotype. Not to mention, it's the challenger that gets to pick the format that give them the best chances of winning if they want to.

gg MicH, really wish that sleep powder lasted 3 turns xD

Aww 1 turn sleep. No worries, you'll be lucky on your next match. RNG fortunes goes through a cycle!

spiritfox

gg MicH, really wish that sleep powder lasted a bit longer

Hey you on now? I have time for a match.

Usobuko

Banned
We should consider making a "Pokemon Pool". While breeding is the easiest part of getting into competitive play, it's also extremely boring and time-consuming and puts people off. I know most of us have stuff we can just poop out 5Vs of. I think if we all contributed a few hours of our time to that then it would go a long ways.

Consolidating everything would be the annoying part. Doable, though. While they would still have to EV train and level up the mons that is pretty straight forward this gen, especially if we spread the PokeRUS on our babies first.

I think this is one good approach to it. There are people here with like 4 boxes of EV trained pokemons so breeding rejects or rebreeding stuff is a very easy thing for them. It can be helpful to newcomers who want a specific nature, ability and egg moves for their pokemon. So I guess I will just say this.

Don't be afraid to ask for help in breeding competitive pokemons you want to use against GAF Gym League. Feel free to post here what you're seeking!

spiritfox

I think this is one good approach to it. There are people here with like 4 boxes of EV trained pokemons so breeding rejects or rebreeding stuff is a very easy thing for them. It can be helpful to newcomers who want a specific nature, ability and egg moves for their pokemon. So I guess I will just say this.

Don't be afraid to ask for help in breeding competitive pokemons you want to use against GAF Gym League. Feel free to post here what you're seeking!

To add on, you can also ask in the X/Y OT if you need any help with breeding and training.

v1perz53

Gah I recently restarted my X game because I felt like using the XP share ruined the experience and I wanted to see how it was without it, but I want to watch these battle videos and it is making me want to rush through to get the Vs Recorder! There is no other way to watch the videos besides in game, is there?

MicH

I'll gladly help out anyone that needs help breeding. I have bred a lot of Pokemon and have a lot of near-perfect extras that I want to give away. Just let me know, or post either in this thread or in the XY OT if you need help.

Gah I recently restarted my X game because I felt like using the XP share ruined the experience and I wanted to see how it was without it, but I want to watch these battle videos and it is making me want to rush through to get the Vs Recorder! There is no other way to watch the videos besides in game, is there?
Unfortunately, you need the VS Recorder to watch them, yes :/ I really wish you could watch them on the Global Link site

JulianImp

We're currently considering doing some weekly reports and highlights, such as having a Match of the Week and other stuff like that. Stay tuned for more news (and if you're a gym leader, get on IRC!).

I'd also like to add that, at least in my case, all 3v3 challenges on my gym will be subject to Smogon rules, just like in 6v6, and not flat rules. This doesn't apply to the one challenge I already got from PBalfredo, since that was before my announcement, but will apply to all challenges I get from now.

I'll also have a casual team ready for more laid-back challenges soon. In case you didn't notice my avatar change, expect Shuckles!

Quoted for truth. If you're interested in participating, remember all of us leaders have lots of breeding rejects lying around that could be yours.

Wilbur

Banned
Holy shit this is a brilliant idea; I'm only on the OP now and I have a lot to learn about competitive battling, but I hope this goes on long enough I can put a decent team together and join in!

KiraFA37

We're currently considering doing some weekly reports and highlights, such as having a Match of the Week and other stuff like that. Stay tuned for more news (and if you're a gym leader, get on IRC!).

Which IRC? The pokegaf one or the gym leader ones (didn't we move to the former?).

Wichu

It's very likely Pokécheck will implement battle video viewing for X/Y at some point, but it might take them a while to get it working (probably longer than it would take you to get the Vs Recorder).

JulianImp

Which IRC? The pokegaf one or the gym leader ones (didn't we move to the former?).

We're still using the private one for internal affairs, such as ironing out some of the last-minute changes we did with multi-battles and things we could do to attract a wider audience.

Holy shit this is a brilliant idea; I'm only on the OP now and I have a lot to learn about competitive battling, but I hope this goes on long enough I can put a decent team together and join in!

If you want to practice, I'm going to offer a casual, unofficial battles where I'll be using a quirkier team, so feel free to drop me a PM anytime!

Next week I'll have time to get my team together and pick a gym to challenge.

Idk which one. I know I have some serious type imbalances in progress, so presumably one of those where my imbalances will be favorable.

Top Bottom