• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed Game Reveal

saintjules

God, I hope this one isn't another ridiculously sized and bloated open world.

A much younger me would have enjoyed these large open worlds. But Odyssey (and even at times Origins), felt too large to make me feel compelled to finish them.

I plan to go back to Odyssey at some point to pass the time, but it takes a level of determination to finish all the content in games like these imo.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait for tomorrow. Super hyped!!! Love Assassin's Creed. Ashraf Ismail hasn't disappointed me yet and is 2 for 2 for me. Expecting 3 for 3. Also hoping that an Xbox Series X logo appears before the trailer as that would mean they have the marketing deal.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Can't wait for tomorrow. Super hyped!!! Love Assassin's Creed. Ashraf Ismail hasn't disappointed me yet and is 2 for 2 for me. Expecting 3 for 3. Also hoping that an Xbox Series X logo appears before the trailer as that would mean they have the marketing deal.

Why would you care about the marketing deal 🤔

xrnzaaas

I feel like it's missing that final touch...

KyKOXCm.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
These games aren't very fun for me. After the first the novelty wore off fast.
I had the same. I played 1, 2 and Brotherhood. Then Nothing until Unity, and then again nothing until Origins. The difference between AC 1 and AC: Origins is huge. If you can buy it on the cheap I would give Origins or Odyssey another try.

Last edited by a moderator:
That ban doesn’t make sense... I have no idea the culture shifted that much over the last few years that it reduces legitimate opinions that is not even trolling nor malicious. Since when did social justice go extreeeeme, beginning in which year and sparked by which events?

xrnzaaas

That's retardera in a nutshell, you can't openly express a different opinion unless you're begging for a quick ban with -ism -phobia inserted in the mod's reasoning.

Last edited:

iorek21

QZczU6V.jpg

Not normally one to care what goes on over there and I normally have a quick nose through boredom but this just takes the piss..

To ban someone for saying that? Is that normal behaviour?

Thats shocking :/

It's no wonder that Resetera is constantly losing viewers over the last couple of years; their fascist (how ironic) philosophy will be their downfall

Dr.Morris79

It's just lunacy at best. I'm all for shutting idiots down if they go over the top but that post had zero malice in it. Poor sod.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Resetera is run by a bunch of hypocrites who believe the way to create better discourse is to take what existed before and turn it upside down. Morons really.

That said, why is a female character needed? Uh? Why is the game needed? Because there are people who want to play it, and if you can let those who want to play as a woman, do so, why not? It's Assassins Creed, it's not the history channel.

I fully expect a CGI trailer and like 10 seconds of gameplay total.
Somebody postet here yesterday the video preview. It already says "cinematic" in the title.

I stand by my point: we won't see any "next gen games" before the big two present it to us.

That said, why is a female character needed? Uh? Why is the game needed? Because there are people who want to play it, and if you can let those who want to play as a woman, do so, why not? It's Assassins Creed, it's not the history channel.

100% signed. Since Ezio nobody gave a fuck about the main character, AssCreed is about good gameplay and never required the main character to be a certain gender. Just let people pick skins like back in Shadow of Mordor/War

Last edited:
100% signed. Since Ezio nobody gave a fuck about the main character, AssCreed is about good gameplay and never required the main character to be a certain gender. Just let people pick skins like back in Shadow of Mordor/War
People actually do give a fuck about character. Making a mainline AC with a female protag only be a magnifically retarded idea since most people who play games (especially games like AC) are male.

People actually do give a fuck about character. Making a mainline AC with a female protag only be a magnifically retarded idea since most people who play games (especially games like AC) are male.
That's why you would still be able to pick your male protagonist. Nobody would take anything from you.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Assassins Creed games leads all Ubisoft games in sales and their MO of recently is basically using historic themes, glad Vikings have been getting their shine recently.

RespawnX

Seems likely. Lots of sailing, big world, well-known time period and it's not Japan. WHY CANT THEY MAKE AC JAPAN

Honstley, I think they are filling their timeline. At the moment we are filling the gap between AC: O and first AC game. We also know, that main AC story focuses Europe. It went from Europe to NA and following history we should land in a AC Japan around end of 19th century, right around Meji-Ara. So, for AC in Japan you may have to wait 1-2 releases more. With vikings in front european castles, we are around 9-10th century. So they basicly may fill their history gap from Vikings to the first AC game. The next game could play around roman empire or we will get straight to the 18-19th century.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Here we go again boys

Top Bottom