• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bloodborne (SCEJA game) news announcement on the 21st!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rurunaki

Let's be realistic here people.. Being announced in Bloodborne stream? Limited Edition Bloodborne PS4 Bundle with The Last Guardian Demo.

Imouto

Banned
Japanese. He talks about how a lot of the Japanese gamers are still waiting for certain titles before buying, prior to that statement. He says they have measures in place to help them make the jump at the end of the year.

And now you have ignited the train once again.

I actually believe it will be game announcement this time.

Guys, it's The Last Guardian.

It's The Last Guardian. I know it, we all know it, everybody knows it.

He was leeping but he is back.

thelastguardian_feature.jpg

Let's be realistic here people.. Being announced in Bloodborne stream? Limited Edition Bloodborne PS4 Bundle with The Last Guardian Demo.

Bloodborne comes out in Feb, though...this is something that makes them jump for Holiday 2014?

All PS3s rigged to detonate September 22nd. Production ceasing. Megaton.

And only one man can stop it. That man? ...Gabe Logan.

Syphon Filter: The Kill Switch

KoopaTheCasual

In all honesty, why would it be TLG? How did SotC and Ico sell? They sold well but certainly not huge Japanese sellers. Highly doubt it's that.

Especially since Shu got out in front of that dream weeks ago, and squashed it saying it wasn't ready.

dramatis

Well here is the thing... there is an unannounced Sony game at TGS.

IGN played it during an earthquake.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/09/16/tgs-2014-i-played-an-earthquake-in-japan
IGN did have a closed session with Final Fantasy Type-O. Maybe SE related?
Super late, but the game played during the earthquake was Type-0. The evidence is in the off-screen 25 minute gameplay video IGN had up yesterday. In the middle of the video the earthquake announcements are blaring in the background.

So that's not the new Sony game.

Anko

That wouldn't make much of a difference. Japan isn't really fond of the PS4's current software offerings.

Now a big new game aimed at the region is a different story.
Ah. But they believe that they have announced a plethora of titles at the conference for 2015. They feel that the customers and creators both think it's about time to jump in.

LtOrange

I would put money on 100k. MonHan isn't popular on home console. It wasn't on the PS2. It didn't help the WiiU. I don't think it will help the PS4.

I still think there is a opportunity to turn Monster Hunter into something huge on the home console. Just porting the current monster Hunter formula to the PS4 wouldn't do much. They need to use the MH brand and create a product that could only be created on a console. Basically Dragon's Dogma 2, but MH in the title for brand recognition.

BadWolf

Ah. But they believe that they have announced a plethora of titles at the conference for 2015. They feel that the customers and creators both think it's about time.

Announced does not mean released though, those games won't have an impact until they actually come out.

SykoTech

So much back and forth in this thread. To hype, or not to hype...

You know what, screw it. I'm all in. Shenume III. Let's go.

Signing up for the Crash Bandicoot hypetrain. We all know it's going off the end of an unfinished bridge right into Disappointment Lake, but hey, might as well go for the ride if the tickets are free, brother.

Anko

Announced does not mean released though, those games won't have an impact until they actually come out.
I'm just trying to have people temper their expectations. Will they really announce a big title with just a few months to release? A new service would fit the bill too. Playstation now for Japan? As president he probably believes that it would move units.

And I actually think Dengeki PlayStation only mentioned PlayStation's 20th in passing. That people are reading too much into it and that the announcement is all about Dengeki PlayStation's 20th anniversary.

KoopaTheCasual

Exactly. That makes me think smaller game featuring someone from back in the day. Parappa?
Count me on team Parappa. It fits the bill perfectly. We were told (rumors) it was being made (almost a year ago, right?) and it's definitely got the early Playstation brand association. Not to mention it was liked by the Japanese crowd if memory serves.

I just hope it is something hardcore and not another mobile game or something kid friendly like Crash, etc etc etc. Whatever it is happens after a Bloodborne stage demo..... so, i expect hardcore

Every Crash game I've played is more hardcore than 90% of games being released these days.

Soriku

Count me on team Parappa. It fits the bill perfectly. We were told (rumors) it was being made (almost a year ago, right?) and it's definitely got the early Playstation brand association. Not to mention it was liked by the Japanese crowd if memory serves.

Going by Nibel's comment, GAF isn't gonna freak out over Parappa.

I'd like to see that FF-like JRPG Verendus mentioned.

Percy

Banned
Am I the only one that believes IF they ever show Last Guardian again, they'll do so as quietly as they can so as not to draw too much attention to what an embarassment the game's development has been?

Jomjom

Banned
Am I the only one that believes IF they ever show Last Guardian again, they'll do so as quietly as they can so as not to draw too much attention to what an embarassment the game's development has been?

Nope. Look at FFXV. No shame at all and it looks like people were generally positive on the new trailer and the news that Nomura is off the project.

I feel like this is the one that makes the most sense. Either that, Vib Ribbon, or somehow All Stars 2.

Going by Nibel's comment, GAF isn't gonna freak out over Parappa.

When rumors were around about it being developed, there was some juice there. Parappa still believes.

They will blow it the fuck out in the biggest way possible.

That'd be silly. They should take every opportunity to megaton people with it. Whenever it gets finished, it's going to be a BIG deal.

More like the opposite. Its a team ICO title for goodness sake.

Exactly. That makes me think smaller game featuring someone from back in the day. Parappa?

I'd like that. but I don't know. Lets just say Hypothetically. IT IS Crash would gaf survive? Because I know if Crash Bandicoot was on PS4 I'm buying a PS4 straight away for christmas.

sora87

You guys are killing me with talk of Crash and TLG.
Let's all just think it's Knack and Toro's Grand Adventure so we won't be crushed yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom